Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Patch Notes – Lancers of Lir Update

So many positives in this update i can't even comment on em all. Looks like a fantastic start.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

So what are the raids new time spawns? Instead of 2-4 days theyre 24 hours to 48 hours? Confused. We don't need more camping, that's absurd. A 24 hour camp per raid perhaps, but any of this 36-72 hours is insane. And the ones who say "can never make anyone happy" aren't the ones camping them for their clan! Or don't have other clans competiting against them. There's too much camping in this game, seriously eats up people's days and gets boring for everyone.

Spawn times have changed from 2-4 days to 1.5-3 days I believe.

Not sure why that change couldn't be made with this reset though, it's just a server side change
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

So what are the raids new time spawns? Instead of 2-4 days theyre 24 hours to 48 hours? Confused. We don't need more camping, that's absurd. A 24 hour camp per raid perhaps, but any of this 36-72 hours is insane. And the ones who say "can never make anyone happy" aren't the ones camping them for their clan! Or don't have other clans competiting against them. There's too much camping in this game, seriously eats up people's days and gets boring for everyone.
Previously it was a 48 spawn with a 48 window, now it is a 36 spawn with a 36 window.

Spawn times have changed from 2-4 days to 1.5-3 days I believe.

Not sure why that change couldn't be made with this reset though, it's just a server side change
Nothing data wise is being touched at the moment.

Our server hosts are updating our game server firmware.

Regardless of not getting everything we wanted we do want to say we appreciate all the hard work for the updates as normal. It's not a easy task balancing needs and wants. Good job OTM
I do it because i can. I can because i want to. I want to because you said i couldn't.
Level 221 Mage
level 220 druid
level 216 rogue
level 215 warrior
Server: Balor
Clan: Nova
Position: Guard
Spirit Team Balor Server first Necro kill 5/8/2016

- Boss Spawn Rate Increase
Boss spawn rates have now been increased (and windows decreased proportionately)
This means a 25% decrease to spawn time for Hrungnir, Mordris and Necro, 33% for Aggy.
So now we have to camp every 36 hours. Even though the 36 hour window is shorter, that still means more camping to players now. C'mon OTM. Players want decreased camping times overall.

I suggest 80 hour respawn, 2 hour windows.
Not saying a 2hr window wouldn't be nice but if all the times are reduced the same % then the total time per month camping is identical, not more or less.
Mathematically it is, but spawn times are variable. It's not like we have to camp 48 hours every 2 days vs. camping 36 hours every 1.5 days.

This is similar to the mini-event boss spawn weekends, although the spawn times there were reduced by 66%, it still meant we have to go back and camp every 16 hours. There was essentially no break in between spawns to do something else. Something is always due, that needs camping. Shorter respawn times doesn't mean it reduces camping.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Previously it was a 48 spawn with a 48 window, now it is a 36 spawn with a 36 window.
If nothing else, keep it at 48 spawn, 36 window. Less drastic change, and can be re-evaluated in the future.

The current planned change does nothing. We are still camping half the time.
Last edited by Aileron on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't see the problem. Either way it's less camping per kill, and the increased spawn rate may decrease the need people feel to camp the bosses?
Burzum said it best.
the ones who say "can never make anyone happy" aren't the ones camping them for their clan! Or don't have other clans competiting against them.