Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Items kept on death

You should NOT Loose your items.
But i have a suggestion, i think you should respawn only on 50% hp and 0% mana Point. Then get the option :" the celtic gods Save your Life and bring you to this shrine but it take time to restore your Health(wait x minutes), you can sacrify some gold to win the Goodwill (100 Gold) = instand respawn and Full hp and mana.
what do you Think about this idea ?

You should NOT Loose your items.
But i have a suggestion, i think you should respawn only on 50% hp and 0% mana Point. Then get the option :" the celtic gods Save your Life and bring you to this shrine but it take time to restore your Health(wait x minutes), you can sacrify some gold to win the Goodwill (100 Gold) = instand respawn and Full hp and mana.
what do you Think about this idea ?
So you'd have the option to pay so much gold and be respawned with full health and mana? I like that idea.
Name: Kasem
Class/level: Ranger, 47
Clan/rank: Infallible, Guardian
World: Herne

Losing items cannot be implemented until we have some kind of banking/safe storage system. On the other note, I would totally pay to get my life and mana back and rush back into the boss battle to help my group.
Ghostman
Lvl 51
Ranger
World Herne
Chieftain of Infallible

Losing items cannot be implemented until we have some kind of banking/safe storage system. On the other note, I would totally pay to get my life and mana back and rush back into the boss battle to help my group.
I wouldn't have a problem with losing some items or gold if this were in place... as long as it was available to every player without having to buy platinum...

Have to say, this would really ruin the game for a lot of people. Probably the biggest issue here is connectivity. I don't want to lose any hard earned items because someone calls me or the network starts getting laggy.

Also, this could potentially turn off new players to the game very quickly. Let's say you're level 20 and after saving gold for twenty levels you buy a relatively expensive shield. And then on your quest to decapitate Hagvar you die for whatever reason (let's be honest here, new players die quite a bit in unfamiliar scenarios) and lose some gear. Then, frustrated, you try again and die again and lose more gear. Now, not only are you out of money, but you don't even have decent equipment with which to make money.

There's a very popular mmo that has this system in place and its just disgusting. You can spend countless hours earning gold to buy incredibly expensive items and then lose it all in a matter of a few seconds. One of the things that attracts me to Celtic Heroes is that it isn't just a big grind-fest to get gold and buy gear. Also, if this system were implemented it would give an enormous advantage to players that could just lunk out $20-$40 each time they lost something valuable.

On a side note, when dueling/pvp is implemented I would like the ability to wager valuable items or gold, but I would rather not lose items that aren't up for wager. Also, if you automatically lose items on death in pvp then you're going to see this community overrun by scammers, luring, and general deceit.

I would much rather play a game that's just simply fun to play with other people than play a game that forces you to waste enormous amounts of time grinding to get back your lost gear.

As an alternative, why not make a cool-down time on resurrections (not the platinum purchased ones) or just leave it alone altogether. This is Celtic Heroes, a game on your iPhone, this isn't RS...

I personally reject the idea of losing or damaging items.
Death happens too often and would happen all the more often if your character got significantly weaker each time it happened.

I also hate the idea of PvP, but probably only because i am a druid and therefore a tasty chew toy for anyone that can deal more than 20 damage per tick.

But, if you were going to put a death penalty in, i would recommend making it something that the player could earn back easily
experience points for example

then so long as (fixed xp cost of dying)< (Xp gained from killing a monster) x (number of monsters a non AFK player can kill before dying)
no one should really kick off about it, and if they do then they can just be told to get better at playing the game.

Top level players would probably find that the xp being awarded now is insufficient to prevent losing xp and levels, but as they leveled down they would start to earn more xp from the same monsters.

Though i am not sure what effect losing levels would have on stats and skills, maybe repeatedly dying would become the poor mans book of rebirth/alteration
and you would have to level back up the hard way.
Fozz
Druid
Morrigan

No!

you see if you do it that way then every time you died it would make more sense to stop playing and twiddle your thumbs or whatever until your penalty wore off than to play for a reduced reward

A fixed Xp drop per death is just a challenge to play better, maybe more tactically in order to make sure you earn enough Xp before dying
Fozz
Druid
Morrigan

No!

you see if you do it that way then every time you died it would make more sense to stop playing and twiddle your thumbs or whatever until your penalty wore off than to play for a reduced reward

A fixed Xp drop per death is just a challenge to play better, maybe more tactically in order to make sure you earn enough Xp before dying
tell that to a druid =]
Follow me & keep in contact :D
Instagram
The Tavern Discord Server