Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: theoretical dps calculation

you are absolutely correct, it is not dps - it is dpt - damage per time unit (my term). however, it should be directly proportional to dps (using the factor you mentioned above - how speed correlates to seconds - i would guess speed is like 1000 per second - but only a guess). and should be just as effective at comparing weapons or characters. i was amazed that steady aim improved my dpt by over 15%.

it is a fun exercise - but not too realistic since it cant take into account skilled hits. but good for seeing the effect of things like haste gloves, icelord weps, rapid fire, etc.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

remember, the key here is not necessarily getting the actual dps - but being able to compare relative dps among characters or weapons.

so if my dmg is 300 and my speed is 3000 then my calculation is 0.1

if i decide to compare to a different weapon where my damage is 350 and speed is 5000 then i get 350/5000 = 0.07

while i dont know my actual dps - i do know that the second weapon is not going to do as much damage in a unit of time as the first - because it is so much slower. of course, you might still want it for skill shots only (like when shiver has a cloak of fire on).

As mentioned, this is only a rough estimate - esp since it doesn't consider your hit/miss ratio against a given attacker. but it is an easy calculation that gives you a bases for comparing.

my guess is that by multiplying by attack ( so formula is ATT * (dmg/speed) ) you may be able to compare the relative dps between two characters - or assess how much difference things like steady aim skill does.

something to experiment around with.

Thank you all for your input and thoughts.
Like I said in my first post...
you can still compare dps with other weapons, stats, etc.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

To calculate dps including skills, assuming you use skills as soon as you are able to, you can take the actual dps and subtract it from the damage of your skill hit (average hit from the skill). Divide that by the time it takes to refresh and cast. Now add that value to the original dps.

Example: 300 DPS from auto attack. 360 damage (average) per skill hit every 6 seconds (including cast time), plus another skill that provides 420 damage every 6 seconds.

300+[(360-300)/6]+[(420-300)/6] = 330 DPS

This works because the damage done by a skill takes up time, and auto attack doesn't work while casting. So the average damage of the skill minus the dps leaves you with damage which is then divided by the cast time.
(Returning Player)

I did some experimenting with a few weapons and came up with a constant that is multiplied by time (in seconds) to get the in-game attack speed.

In-game attack speed = 1375 x Time (in seconds)

So actual attack speed is attack speed (in-game) divided by 1375.
(Returning Player)

I did some experimenting with a few weapons and came up with a constant that is multiplied by time (in seconds) to get the in-game attack speed.

In-game attack speed = 1375 x Time (in seconds)

So actual attack speed is attack speed (in-game) divided by 1375.

The two that confuse me is
1. what is the attack speed of a punch?
2. how much time is consumed (what is the attack speed) of a knockback. (The recoil when you get hit) I can tell it does take up time but can not figure out how much. (aka I need more data)
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

The two that confuse me is
1. what is the attack speed of a punch?
2. how much time is consumed (what is the attack speed) of a knockback. (The recoil when you get hit) I can tell it does take up time but can not figure out how much. (aka I need more data)
I havnt timed the punches, but I can tell you that no time is taken away from a knock-back. The damage is done but the number is delayed to the next hit.
(Returning Player)

I did research and think (not 100% sure) but 1 sec is around 2200-2500 attack speed.(no gloves of haste). I calculated some number and came up with about 806.25 dmg per second on a direhound(with gloves, meteoric bow, and 305 dmg[regular stat]).

Now u have to take into consideration that the number u get would be u attacking a thing with 0 armour/defense. So I consider that being a direhound(not 100% sure). So the number u get is ur avg dmg per hit/second against and enemy with 0 armour and no defense(so like training dummies).
Server: Arawn
Been playing since October, 2011
Silvos- lvl 129 Ranger
Sirus- lvl 88 Rogue
Otm sucks... Its pay to win type of game... Money goddesses!!

I did research and think (not 100% sure) but 1 sec is around 2200-2500 attack speed.(no gloves of haste). I calculated some number and came up with about 806.25 dmg per second on a direhound(with gloves, meteoric bow, and 305 dmg[regular stat]).

Now u have to take into consideration that the number u get would be u attacking a thing with 0 armour/defense. So I consider that being a direhound(not 100% sure). So the number u get is ur avg dmg per hit/second against and enemy with 0 armour and no defense(so like training dummies).
I posted about damage reduction. I said that you do roughy 2/3 of the damage to mobs your level. Feel free to change that up lol.
(Returning Player)