Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The anniversary and double exp

Had a discussion with 'theadmin' two days ago.

This is an event that we're extremely hesitant to do. From what I gathered, the content that was eaten through the last time this ran was almost game-breaking.

BUT, all hope is not lost, we could possibly look at doing this on a smaller more focused scale such as specific (or all) mobs or on bounties. Those are some of the options/solutions we've considered for this.
Maybe make an elixir that is x2 of regular xp elixir and put it to a special shop such in Beta and sell it for 1 gold? :)

The reason i don't see it as sucking necessarily is because there are more leveling spots now. Lots of people are 220 also and there are many diff time zones
You still have limited spots for each ~5 level gap (160-165, 166-170, etc). You'd have to triple the Mobs and they would have to respawn immediately after dying to even support something like this.
Not quite. Theres so many more leveling areas now vs when they first did it when it was ow endgame.
Well, yes. But if the game went on a 2x or 3x xp, you'd have just about every player that is leveling hitting the areas. So it wouldn't be unlikely to see a dozen or more players at level 160 or 171 or 120 or 205, etc. There aren't enough mobs /areas if players came out in mass to tske advantage of this
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This is an event that we're extremely hesitant to do. From what I gathered, the content that was eaten through the last time this ran was almost game-breaking.

BUT, all hope is not lost, we could possibly look at doing this on a smaller more focused scale such as specific (or all) mobs or on bounties. Those are some of the options/solutions we've considered for this.
Speed up mob spawns. Perfect time to do a double exp when so many people are needed for the new raid imo
Hi

Well, leveling was relatively much easier back then. With the highest level mob being 140 at the time.

And essentially it just meant that what you could do in that weekend (2.5 days) you could do in 5 regular days.

Perhaps if there’s double exp on mobs, making elixirs last 10 minutes for the weekend would be a fair concession.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Since bt requires 60+ toons anyway, I don’t see the problem in boosting the levels of the community so all servers get closer to killing it?

I think this is actually a balance change that’s needed to get all servers closer to bt.

It’s a win-win for everyone.
-people spend less time to reach eg so they can enjoy the most content of the game
-more plat items used so more moneys for otm
- people with busy lives get a boost to reach those high levels faster. Making the game more enticing for all kind of activity levels
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Since bt requires 60+ toons anyway, I don’t see the problem in boosting the levels of the community so all servers get closer to killing it?

I think this is actually a balance change that’s needed to get all servers closer to bt.

It’s a win-win for everyone.
-people spend less time to reach eg so they can enjoy the most content of the game
-more plat items used so more moneys for otm
- people with busy lives get a boost to reach those high levels faster. Making the game more enticing for all kind of activity levels
Ooo good point

What about an event where everything in the plat shop could be bought from a vendor with gold :O would be insane like every item no item excluded from the love :D
Think community would prefer a double plat event (after VR rebuilds the needed trust).

I think a multiple week long thing will be fun. 7 years is a long time, so maybe 7 weekends of events leading up to a double plat? ;)
Bounties first, then maybe diff legacy fast spawn events, maybe an EG fast down event, and then top it off with double plat.
I think if VR can pull off a series of events like this it will establish that they are willing to put in the needed time and work and are serious about the game, enough to make the double plat sale really anchor in a new time for ch.
Just my opinion though.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at