Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hobo's MMing Service

It's sad that people can be so conclusive without sufficient evidence.

I'll trust this guy until he scams me, until then evidence is based on personal opinions
Thank you for being reasonable about it! :)
c r o m
MageYouCry Lvl88+
-I kind of have a 152 rogue but I'm lazy lol.-
Shh, I'm sleeping.

For anyone doing this type of transaction the safest way is to do it in dozens of small increments and not continue if there is a single problem.

Yes it is a lot of additional work but the smaller you can go the less a scammer can steal by taking a single transaction. So if possible limit the number of large items.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I'll trust this guy until he scams me, until then evidence is based on personal opinions
Just like when a guy pulls a knife on you on the street! Maybe he has a good offer on it and isn't trying to rob you! Better wait to see what he says before you conclude anything.

Statistically it is well established these are scams in mmos. From what I have seen it is over half the time and additionally "safe" people often snap and take all at some point.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I can say without a doubt this is a scam. You are fairly new to the game with no other reason to do this other than steal. Also, you have visited world sections that you do not even play asking to be a MM. It sounds desperate and you have no reputation to lose anyways.
By that logic everyone new to game/forums is a scammer without a doubt.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Just like when a guy pulls a knife on you on the street! Maybe he has a good offer on it and isn't trying to rob you! Better wait to see what he says before you conclude anything.

Statistically it is well established these are scams in mmos. From what I have seen it is over half the time and additionally "safe" people often snap and take all at some point.
1. This context has no relevance. This isn't life threatening and by saying that is completely blowing this circumstance out of proportion.

2. My point is that you can't have any opinion on the intentions of friendlyhoboman until he has scammed you. Call me stupid but when you put it in proportion, having friendly hm be a middleman is exactly the same risk as having your best friend do an I Owe You.

1. This context has no relevance. This isn't life threatening and by saying that is completely blowing this circumstance out of proportion.
It's the exact same thing. You wouldn't risk your life on a stupid decision like thinking maybe that shady dude is offering me a cheap switchblade! It's exactly the same anyone with a brain wouldn't risk all of thier stuff with some shady dude that 'does it for free'.
2. My point is that you can't have any opinion on the intentions of friendlyhoboman until he has scammed you. Call me stupid but when you put it in proportion, having friendly hm be a middleman is exactly the same risk as having your best friend do an I Owe You.
If you want to hand over all your in game possessions then so be it. Don't cry when you are scammed.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

So all the level ones in the castle that ask me to trust trade aren't going to scam me? Every scammer has a first victim and this is incredibly shady.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter