Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Was this a good deal?

. With the new event bosses now the ammy isn't the best for bossing because if you have a bossing build you usually will have a large amount of sigils anyways if you're in it for the extra regen.
Im usually the tank on bosses, and my rogue is still too young to join big raids, so it always puzzles me why many say with sigils, they dont need regen items anymore. Do non casters actually stop attacking to regen energy? That kinda makes your dps go down the drain, doesnt it?
Yes they do. I have a garanak spiritseed set on my ranger and 1200 energy sigs. Every few minutes or when bola i stop for a few seconds. No active regen except for the lux quivver (cause no dl yet). Because I have 3500 energy and stop only for a few seconds every minute or two dps dosent suffer much - in fact it's higher than using a blood set from commrak without using any energy lix.

Further I have a commrak blood set and stopped using it as midnight ammy and other items actually give better dps (at higher levels). Maybe on a 140-150 but the 100 magic on a midnight isn't much worse than a poison set bonus and additionally you aren't forced into wearing a matching charm and ring.

Personally I think the best set from commrak is the shrive as it benefits casters more than the mele sets boost mele classes.

Back to the op on Taranis midnight ammys go from 900-1.2m
You didn't mention the total 300 strength and Dexterity the sets give, plus the 200 poison damage. Poison is much more effective than magic, plus its double the amount.

@Ail, your rogue isn't high enough to join big raids? Level him. Didn't I point out the sunshard ammy is more effective for leveling with higher regens PLUS 50 to each stat? And you have the option to use an offensive or defensive skill depending on your gear.

If sigils are so stupid for bossing because they lower DPS everyone should just drop their 2000 sigils for the maximum 300 energy per tick they can get from equipping full regen items. They will also lose all their skill adds, ability adds and stat adds.

Convinced?
Rogue 166 - Ghostbro
Ranger 126 - Acebow
Warrior 85 - Ghostwar

Soldiersofjah
SULIS

2000 sigils is a tall order. That's not even the norm, even high level rogues on our server rarely have over 500 sigils.
How can one recommend a rogue build with gear with 2000 sigils as a requirement?

It's like saying, anyone can start a business, just gotta have 1 million dollars to invest.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

2000 sigils is a tall order. That's not even the norm, even high level rogues on our server rarely have over 500 sigils.
How can one recommend a rogue build with gear with 2000 sigils as a requirement?

It's like saying, anyone can start a business, just gotta have 1 million dollars to invest.
190+ rogues usually have 1k plus of each sigils at least on my world.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Im usually the tank on bosses, and my rogue is still too young to join big raids, so it always puzzles me why many say with sigils, they dont need regen items anymore. Do non casters actually stop attacking to regen energy? That kinda makes your dps go down the drain, doesnt it?
Yes they do. I have a garanak spiritseed set on my ranger and 1200 energy sigs. Every few minutes or when bola i stop for a few seconds. No active regen except for the lux quivver (cause no dl yet). Because I have 3500 energy and stop only for a few seconds every minute or two dps dosent suffer much - in fact it's higher than using a blood set from commrak without using any energy lix.

Further I have a commrak blood set and stopped using it as midnight ammy and other items actually give better dps (at higher levels). Maybe on a 140-150 but the 100 magic on a midnight isn't much worse than a poison set bonus and additionally you aren't forced into wearing a matching charm and ring.

Personally I think the best set from commrak is the shrive as it benefits casters more than the mele sets boost mele classes.

Back to the op on Taranis midnight ammys go from 900-1.2m
You didn't mention the total 300 strength and Dexterity the sets give, plus the 200 poison damage. Poison is much more effective than magic, plus its double the amount.

@Ail, your rogue isn't high enough to join big raids? Level him. Didn't I point out the sunshard ammy is more effective for leveling with higher regens PLUS 50 to each stat? And you have the option to use an offensive or defensive skill depending on your gear.

If sigils are so stupid for bossing because they lower DPS everyone should just drop their 2000 sigils for the maximum 300 energy per tick they can get from equipping full regen items. They will also lose all their skill adds, ability adds and stat adds.

Convinced?
I was talking about commrak not garanak. The commrak blood set is overrated its really not much better than a midnight ammy and mixed charm/rings. I stopped using it even though I have a full set because the garanak spiritseed set can easily out dps it.

The 200 set is definitely better than lux.

As far as sigils my mage has 2300 energy and my druid 2700 - in my opinion these are just barely enough to not have energy issues. My goal is to eventually have 5k+ sigils on all 5 of my mains.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

190+ rogues usually have 1k plus of each sigils at least on my world.
On Taranis nearly every 190 rogue has 1k+ hp sigs but few have 1k+ energy. Same for warriors and rangers though some rangers tend to have less (light heal) having a lot of hp sigils on rangers is super useful, doubly so when bolasing bosses.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|