Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Hitting a wall in Mastery...

I'm currently in the 940ish range and it doesn't seem to matter what I cook, I cant get Mastery to raise even somewhat reliably. Even in late 800s I was getting like 25-35 mastery per wisdom lix. Now, very suddenly, I'm getting like 0-5... Is this normal or what am I doing wrong? I've tried gruel, scones, and harder recipes too. Nothing works.

[Update: 4 lixes, 6 different recipes, and around 200 cooking cycles later, I went from 938-963.. if this is normal I might have to rethink maxing mastery... the increase rate dropped from 30% down to about 10% as soon as I hit the 930s.]
Lorn - 165 Druid
Diamond Hands - (Retired) 190 Rogue - 164 Cooking
Kirwyn - 155 Artisan Fisher
Clansman in Colours
Arawn

Arawn Fisherman's Market
https://band.us/@fishermansmarket

Re: Hitting a wall in Mastery...

Unfortunately it is what it is, no short cuts. It’s a grind and a half. 900 it gets bad, 1400 or so it gets mega painful.

I used gruel, always with wisdom and always with extract. Didn’t find that cooking anything higher made any difference, in fact it was worse. Gruel all the way. Stick with it, it won’t be fast but it’s immensely satisfying to churn out those exquisite fruit cakes.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Gruel is a bit on the low side, but it does work... slowly... this is what I used for raising Mastery

Gruel to 400
Flatbread to 600
Bread til 900 saving the exquisites
Cheese Rarebits and alternating back to bread when out of the exquisites

I found the key to be as high as possible yet trivial for the item. Watch the bar at bottom that says how hard it is, prior to using an extract.

And yes I have 2 cooks...

I am old and Cranky, Don’t mess with me

Mr Drak
Draknocht 223 rogue
Drakolas 223 ranger
Halefire 222 mage
Bombshell Betty 223 warrior
Lelelia 173 druid
And many many more

The Christmas treats are also a great way to increase both mastery and proficiency. Proficiency is still painfully slow. One of the treats, the MacLir gives scholar boost 1st level, treasure hunter boost 2nd level. or 500 cooking mastery boost perfect. Does require the holiday spice. At least it's useful compared to the dreaded gruel. Still need to use extract to better the odds. Save the perfects for your high level culinary bosses foods.

I cooked a bunch of maclirs and saved the perfects (chocolate gelebron) for cooking baras to test them out. There was NO noticeable positive effect in either exquisite or perfected baras. In fact I got more perfects without using the Chocolate Gelebron. My mastery is 1840. I think these things are a con.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

I cooked a bunch of maclirs and saved the perfects (chocolate gelebron) for cooking baras to test them out. There was NO noticeable positive effect in either exquisite or perfected baras. In fact I got more perfects without using the Chocolate Gelebron. My mastery is 1840. I think these things are a con.
^^ I cooked a LOT and tested with and without by doing batches of 100 fruit cakes each time ... id test an entire 100 with choco Geles then try 100 without the Geles ... I repeated this process multiple times and there was absolutely zero change. I still got the exact same average with or without ...my mastery is maxed pre choco so they add no value to to me.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Mastery. Gruel with extract and wisdom.

Gelebron choclate is a scam.

Bara Data:
Perfected Rate - 2.5%
Exquisite Rate - 22%
Regular - 75.5%

Does gelebron chocolate do anything at all? I have not noticed any difference so I stopped making them. Can’t be much if it does help.
Happy Healz, Karotte and a whole lot of other names
I like cooking, fishing and rare stuff