Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

DM Role stuff

I know there was a situation yesterday that I wont elaborate on but I figured I'd take the time to try and clarify DM role and possible variables that may arise.

Besides dicing items and declaring winner the DM needs to verify the rolls. I know most players keep track and help by saying the names. The DM needs to take a few seconds and verify this. Sometimes there are ties or early rolls.

I along with others I've spoken to, are under the impression that no rolls count until DM says Roll. It's to prevent any confusion or any debate because players in the past have tried to do it and get 2 rolls on items. If they rolled a 2 per se before DM says and then roll again after, they get 2 rolls. If they roll a 99 before DM they would want it counted.

Putting this is in stone would just flat out eliminate the controversy.

Lag: occasionally some people lag at dice when many many players are in one spot. First off, I would recommend getting a new device. Secondly, declare it before hand and have someone ready to roll for you. Once the DM declares a winner and trades I believe it is final. Once again this is just a standard rule to set in stone and prevent more controversy.

I know sometimes random people get to DM and its good experience for them but with bigger more Important bosses I think we should establish some regulars so it goes faster and smoother.

Opinions are welcomed.

Re: DM Role stuff

+1 to virulent

Clarifying this would keep something like that from happening and keep the DM from having to make a difficult judgement call in the moment.

To add, I have never seen anyone count an initial roll before DM called "Roll."

I think where this becomes tricky is when a tie is called. DM does not always execute the "prepare" "roll" script to the letter. It would make sense for the re-roll procedure to be consistent with the initial roll.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

I'm glad someone brought this up so we can have a consistent ruling on the matter. I personally think the role of the DM is fine as is, and has final say in rolls and debatable drop encounters. Some DMs may choose to allow players to "accidentaly" role before they announce "roll." I personally do not. If someone rolls "early" I am counting it and will not allow another roll. However, I also believe we need something consistent.

I would like to suggest the following options:

1.) Keep DM rules as is and DM has final say in which rolls count.

2.) If someone rolls "early" then it counts as their roll. No ifs, ands or buts.

3.) If someone rolls before DM announce "ROLL" then it doesn't count.

These are the only options I can imagine at the moment. I would personally vote for option 2 as I see that it doesn't allow for any "accidental" or "early" roles. Hence, there are zero arguments.
Option 3 imo does allow for accidents, "early" rolls or "clearing" of dice, which can turn into arguments.

I'm sorry for yesterday Critz but I only heard about it. I didnt see everything transpire and I'm just trying to prevent any of that from happening again.

I originally asked Akbar to post this so I didnt seem 1 sided because I'm in the same clan as Daw. I just think its important that we try to eliminate any grey areas. This is one rule or position that i think should have little or no grey area. Thanks.

"Cecil wrote:
To add, I have never seen anyone count an initial roll before DM called "Roll."

...neither have i

+1 Cecil

And the point you're trying to make is....? That point is totally moot as the current rules allow DM to DM to allow it or not.

I agree that no rolls should count until after the DM says 'Roll' to prevent confusion, same should apply on rerolls for continuity's sake. As for designated DM's, there tends to be a set of regulars, but I don't believe it should be a static list.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.