Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#1
Ok recently, ive seen a few boss kills, when ive had to bring my rogue/my mage, where theyre usually not needed. This in turn means that they are definately needed. Yet in many cases i am told i cannot dice. I ask you all, when does it become that a class can dice if its lower than req? When they are a majority, never or when they are actually needed.

Just recently we killed hrung on may 22nd i think. We failed 3 times in a row. And on our fourth try we just beat rage.

I had 3 devices there. Mage, rogue & druid. Now i admit my mage lures and boosts which leaves a lot of standing alone time, but for some druids it is a major help. And the pierce lure helps a fair amount. Plus we barely killed. Imagine without pierce lure we, woulda been toast. I may sound greedy, i know but this isnt about my mage necessarily.

My rogue, makes mordy when we're low on numbers. He can do decent dmg to adds. Yet im told i cant dice. Over my mordy span ive seen about 10 kills. 4 of which i brought rogue and druid. 1 of which my rogue could dice. 3 times i helped in adds and 1 time i stayed on mordy. I admit if i stay on mord im pretty useless, but killing adds is a major help. Plus with my dl armour i can help a bit on mordy and sents as they spawn.

The only time my rogue could dice was because sarge was the other lower level, and vult said because he was allowed to dice i could too.

Now is this rule biased towards support classes or who do i have to bribe to start rolling. Hell the lowest drop is 180, and i waste near double your items (solo players). Now i dm alot and soon enough if yall dont realise that if a player is needed theyre going to roll. And as dm i will have final word.

Even elles druid, when we're low on druids she could join. The most recent mordy we we're 10mins late to move out, due to a lack of druids. When elle asked if she should bring rhi, she was declined without hesitation. Adds group were asking for a druid, we we're at 3 druids in tank group. I would have said yes, and let her roll had she chosen too. But from now on im going to follow this rule a little more assertively. Low numbers mean low levels can roll, aka if you see people saying everyone haste. Thats when i allow people in, which means 175 casters (mages can still freeze at this stage) and 180 melee.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#2
I say just stop trying to do mordy and wait till you're right lvl, if someone personally invites u to mordy and everyones agreed upon it then u can roll but ive seen u sometimes just invite your self cuz YOU think we need the help. Now i have no complaints about u rolling cuz ive seen you put in work at mordy and you do help. but i say if you're going to complain about them not letting u dice then just stop trying to help and wait till you're the right lvl
Image

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#3
Natedog1 wrote:I say just stop trying to do mordy and wait till you're right lvl, if someone personally invites u to mordy and everyones agreed upon it then u can roll but ive seen u sometimes just invite your self cuz YOU think we need the help. Now i have no complaints about u rolling cuz ive seen you put in work at mordy and you do help. but i say if you're going to complain about them not letting u dice then just stop trying to help and wait till you're the right lvl


+1

No offense but yes I agree with Natey. You always say you can level easy anyway. Why not put ur energy to get those extra levels. Then you need not be invited cause you are eligible.

About greed, it is human nature. I myself am guilty of being greedy, I will admit. Can we blame other players who have an alt or numerous alts to keep drops for themselves and not pass it on? I thought about that. Can we blame them who camps these bosses not to call their so called friends while they kill these bosses. I thought about that. Is Lugh really a friendly server devoid of selfishness? Think about that when you see players at 190 without any DL at all and see another with all alts in full DL. I thought about that.
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: Anarchy
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 223/221/150-222-231-223-221


Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.


Image

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#5
simply stated, if someone asks you to bring one of your lower leveled alts to a fight with no chance at dicing, then you shouldnt go. its not worth the effort. this may sound a bit selfish but its true and it is in fact a rule. the main problem with lugh is that so many people are creating alts and taking the drops from the players that need them. this is the reason why lugh has not defeated the necro.

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#6
Mysteryman wrote: the main problem with lugh is that so many people are creating alts and taking the drops from the players that need them. this is the reason why lugh has not defeated the necro.


omg...i never thought this day would come...but i agree on this totally! :o
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: Anarchy
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 223/221/150-222-231-223-221


Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.


Image

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#7
Mysteryman wrote:simply stated, if someone asks you to bring one of your lower leveled alts to a fight with no chance at dicing, then you shouldnt go. its not worth the effort. this may sound a bit selfish but its true and it is in fact a rule. the main problem with lugh is that so many people are creating alts and taking the drops from the players that need them. this is the reason why lugh has not defeated the necro.



You say that like alts are a bad thing.....I don't even have a high level alt, but commend those who do. It doesn't matter if someone has a 190 "alt" and main. If they are active and contribute, they deserve and "need" them (as you put it), just as much as the next.......this is not the reason why we have not defeated Necro.
Image

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#8
TecmoBoot wrote:
Mysteryman wrote:simply stated, if someone asks you to bring one of your lower leveled alts to a fight with no chance at dicing, then you shouldnt go. its not worth the effort. this may sound a bit selfish but its true and it is in fact a rule. the main problem with lugh is that so many people are creating alts and taking the drops from the players that need them. this is the reason why lugh has not defeated the necro.



You say that like alts are a bad thing.....I don't even have a high level alt, but commend those who do. It doesn't matter if someone has a 190 "alt" and main. If they are active and contribute, they deserve and "need" them (as you put it), just as much as the next.......this is not the reason why we have not defeated Necro.

The problem with alts is when people get to a bare minimum req and just use it to get free drops or when they level an alt up high and don't participate with it but feel they're worthy of drops. I'm sure we all know various examples of each and while it is a problem it isn't too big of one and it isn't the reason we haven't beaten necro. The reason we haven't beaten necro is that we have inexperienced and stubborn players who cannot listen to instructions, and the worst part is some of these players are the best geared.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#9
Lukov, why don't you just level your druid and rogue to 185? This would avoid any issues you would have with any rolling requirements.

I am not sure why you think you have the ability or authority to just change server policy just because you are unhappy with dice rolling and level requirement. I would suggest that the server vote on this type of issue instead of you dictating what you will be doing as a DM.
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

Re: The blurred line of lower levels joining fights

#10
senta wrote:Lukov, why don't you just level your druid and rogue to 185? This would avoid any issues you would have with any rolling requirements.

I am not sure why you think you have the ability or authority to just change server policy just because you are unhappy with dice rolling and level requirement. I would suggest that the server vote on this type of issue instead of you dictating what you will be doing as a DM.


But im not changing dicing policy. The policy is when we are short for a boss, any boss, we may group lower levels to help, this allows for the boss to be killed and in turn the player can dice. Ill admit if i stay on boss all fight i wont argue but when im helping with adds and getting kills i think thats worthy of a dice. We actually had an example today at mordy, we were very short, so short that we brought 4 extra 180-184 myself included. We killed her after rage, and i was still being told after trioing with lure and energy (not dicing mage) that i couldnt dice, in the end the dm took over and allowed 180-184 to dice.

The old rule states, that once you are asked to join and are grouped that you may dice. No voting necessary. I myself offered for me to bring rogue, but didnt until someone said yes we need your rogue, so i was grouped into adds group. Meaning i was eligable to dice, irregardless of the 185 rule.


And dont tell me to level, it is my choice to stay where i am, if i level above my current level it is very difficult to level my lower level mage to where i want him to be. So stop with the oh you should be this level, or you should level. Because no i wont do as you say. I do what i want to do not what peer pressure is asking me to do.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest