Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Aggy filtering

I know I'm not the first person to notice 80 people at Aggy and see the chaos of deciding who was there or not and who can and can't roll. I'm just starting this topic to get ideas on how we can limit the chaos. Could be include only those at start instead of lock. Maybe only 3-4 groups get to roll and all must be in groups. Maybe try to schedule certain clans get drops in an alternating fashion. We have smart ppl on the server and I know you all can come up with ideas. Thanks.

Re: Aggy filtering

First 24 people/3 groups can roll, if you aren't in one of the 3 groups you don't roll. Must accept requests to join, never decline the group request.

It was done today with about 12 people I believe in 11-12 minutes. It isn't like we need many people at all

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

The reality of Aggy is … he is no longer a massive challenge, a number of clans can solo him, and with the number of 170's+, he falls fast, no need to have a punching bag. His drops are still very much needed.
I think that the three group limit would work the best, however what to do in case there is more than three groups all claiming i was here first?
A clan rotation could work also, but may be hard for that clan to muster enough ppl quickly.
My thought is the three grp approach.

Please, put your thoughts down Lugh, your voice cannot be heard if you remain silent.

I think limiting Aggy battles to three groups, or a clan rotation, could create just as many headaches as we have now. I think the best way to cut down those extra 10-20 people is to "lock" the battle as soon as it starts, not at the actual lock. By the time Aggy locks, he is only a couple minutes from being dead. At that point, help isn't needed, it is just stragglers.

I personally think a bigger problem at Aggy is all the people rolling for other people, who were supposedly at the fight but had to leave before the dice. Half the dicing time is spent with people taking a survey if anyone saw a certain person at the fight or not. And no one likes losing a drop to someone who is being rolled for by someone else, who may or may not have even been there. If you don't have time to get to the start of the Aggy fight, complete the Aggy fight, and then stick around for the dice, I don't think you should be getting any drops.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. We have all worked with the current Aggy format (which is no format) for a while now, and it's not that big of a deal. But any time you can improve an experience, it's worth talking about.
Niz
Level 166 Mage
Lugh [exultantis]

Well, I was thinking a little bit more about my last post, and now I am second guessing my Aggy idea. My thoughts now are that if Aggy "locks" as soon as the battle starts, that people will then be in a hurry to initiate the fight with Aggy in an attempt to limit how many people can participate. And I don't think that is what I was really trying to accomplish. I just wanted to limit people who routinely show up late. Not to mention, the rules for every other boss is that if you show up before the lock, you are a welcome addition to the fight...so how can we change this just for Aggy?

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

But I still stand behind what I said about people rolling for each other ... For now :)
Niz
Level 166 Mage
Lugh [exultantis]

there are no really good solutions here. our current strategy has the advantage of being easy to understand and fair. only being allowed if you are there at start might work, and if people start early, it is on them to survive. and if they do, they deserve the drops.

ppl need to announce when they arrive so we know who was there at start

i think the 3 grp idea has merit, but is nearly unenforceable. it will create a lot of chaos and bad will cause people will be denied groups for someone who is 'on the way'.

of course, we could go to the old method - may the best group win! not sure that is a great idea - but it would solve some issues. of course the groups with the 3 190 players will generally always win.

i would vote for just keeping it as it is - but asking ppl to be there at start if they want to dice.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Hello,

My observations:

1) If there are two strong almost equal groups they compete for lock for a long time so lock rule does not work well now. Sometimes the lock goes at 90% but sometimes at 30% only.
2) One group could solo aggy but it would be long and cost resources.
3) I agree that the dicing is chaotic and hard to know who was and was not there.

My thoughts:
1) Aggy items vary a lot and it would be very hard to create and follow a schedule for Aggy rotation. Also new clans may emerge. I do not think clan-based rotation is wise.
2) I fully agree to limit the number of players allowed for dicing. But this should be well though through first.
3) Limit of 3 groups seems fine but I would also agree on close to even clan members distribution in groups. I saw many times one person from a clan was at aggy with "full group" of people who were coming in time. Agreing on limitting the number of members per clan would avoid a clan to build 2 and a half group leaving little space for all others. Also I would keep that as simple as possible. We have like 6 major clans and a few growing so perhaps limitting number of clan members to 4-8 based on current people present would be wise. We have to agree though that those who will be over limit will leave peacefully and every clan will agree inside on some sort of member rotation or support of lower members by having higher members in fights but those higher members will distribute drops inside clan by some sort of in-clan agreement.

Let me know what do you think.

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .:

you could also just have a clan representative who dices the aggy drops - up to one drop per clan per aggy fight. the clan then decides what happens to the drop.

we should decide which clans are eligible - based on their potential ability to field an aggy killing squad.

i assume ancients, berserkers, aftermath, syndicate, elixar, redbranch and exhautanis

i am not sure this is a good idea.but it would really change the dynamic of things. The chief of each clan would make rules governing how those drops get given out - based presumably on contribution to aggy fights, contribution to clan, state of equipment, and some luck dicing :)
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

you could also just have a clan representative who dices the aggy drops - up to one drop per clan per aggy fight. the clan then decides what happens to the drop.

we should decide which clans are eligible - based on their potential ability to field an aggy killing squad.

i assume ancients, berserkers, aftermath, syndicate, elixar, redbranch are the 6 you mentioned.

i am not sure this is a good idea.but it would really change the dynamic of things. The chief of each clan would make rules governing how those drops get given out - based presumably on contribution to aggy fights, contribution to clan, state of equipment, and some luck dicing :)
Exultantis not redbranch I believe, and maybe just one member from each present clan gets to dice for a drop. So like 6 people dice for a drop and can dice for any drop regardless of class because it's diced for the whole clan. Once you get something for your clan you can no longer dice. If there are less clans present than there are drops then all 3 or whatever clan reps will roll to win the second drop.

So if there's only ancients at the aggy kill of course the clan rep will receive the items and distribute them in whichever way is est for your clan. Or if there's 2 clans there then each clan will get 2 drops, etc.
Not sure how much sense this makes I could clarify once I get to a computer, just rushing on my phone

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

I kinda like the clan rep. Idea. Personally, I dont want much from Aggy but i have eager clannies who have leveled and are excited to fight him and get something. Im sure all the other clans have the same issues. Most of the higher lvls get to do Hrung and that should be good enough for us. But it would be GREAT to only have a few people dicing instead of the mess we have now. I've had several conversations with different people regarding the issue so thats why I started this brainstorming topic.