Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dicing DL drops - More than one accs pointless

As akbar will ask players to vote again, I will put my own input on the subject, because guess what, I am one of the few players who leveled mutliple high level accs. (not only one high acc and many low level useless ones)

HISTORY :

- Since I came back I discovered that at the moment, players playing more than one accs but matching rec for dragonlord bosses, must choose beforehand a fight which of their toons will dice. Indeed only one of their acc will be allowed to dice. I talked online to many players asking me to change this shameless rule.

- As I understood from them, at the origin of the problem there was one sucker who used the dicing system to get some drops he did not intended to use for his druid. (The guy level a druid very high and is sneaky enough not to want to equip it with dl when he actually can and would make this druid even stronger to support the server)

- It gave the pretext for all the single accounts player matching rec (90% of the players) to ban from dicing one acc from players playing two acc. (I don't talk about players playing more than two acc, because I don't see any around guys playing more than two accounts. Lightface was, but guess what ? lightface is gone... and I don't wonder why anymore why !)

- What a vote ! What a democracy lol ! Of course as very few players are playing more than two acc matching rec... Who cares about them ? Their voices have been simply been shut down. Indeed very convenient ruling from many self-oriented players who don't give a unfathomable of the efforts put into this game by some real dedicated players like wytt, kam, azz, ladyb, me... And who are nevel cheating the system. We try to equip all our toons, because we love playing them. We are not robot during the fights.

- What tops everything is the very justification of this rule summarized by Akbar : "Single accounts players do not care that you play and bring two accs into a fight... They don't need you to play your two accs during a bosses fight. so beforehand, choose one of your acc to dice"

THE RULE IN TERM OF DICING PROBABILITIES FOR ONE PLAYER ACC :

The justification from the Lugh community is that greedy double acc players would get more chance to win drops. But for one, they do not lye about playing two accs when some did in the past. And second, the probability of winning a drop for a player playing only one acc is not reduced at all ! But preventing us to dice for both our acc is giving you an edge by eliminating us from dicing, and giving you more chance.

Let's take an example of a warrior like thoro playing only one acc mathcing rec, and me playing two. beforehand the fight, I choose to dice for my rogue and not my warrior :

Case 1 : A warrior and rogue items drop, My warrior is out, thoro win one more chance dicing
Case 2 : A warrior drops but no rogue drop, Bad luck for me.... My warrior is out and thoro win one more chance at dicing and I cannot even dice for my warrior, even if I supported the fight with two accs !!!
Case 3 : A rogue drop but no warrior drop, For thoro exactly the same, he could not dice anyway.

Let's take an example of a warrior like thoro playing only one acc mathcing rec, and me playing two. beforehand the fight, I choose to dice for my warrior and not my rogue :

Case 1 : A warrior and a rogue drop, My rogue is out, thoro still face me in dicing. (unfathomable why shad did not choose to dice his rogue !)
Case 2 : A warrior drops but no rogue drop, My rogue is out, thoro still face me in dicing.
Case 3 : A rogue drop but no warrior drop, For thoro exactly the same, he could not dice anyway. Bad luck for me.... My rogue is out, I cannot even dice for my warrior, even if I supported the fight with two accs !!!

So clearly players doing fights with more than two accounts, are sometimes completly excluded from dicing !!! Even if they supported the fights more than anyone.

GREED ?

Why because in a pure mathematical sense, if you looks HONESTLY and clearly at the probability of winning... Why would someone like thoro, playing only a warrior acc, care that my rogue accounts get a chance of winning a rogue drop on my other acc ???

Yes players who have two acc, get sometimes two chances at dicing, but they pay the price in term of so much effort into leveling their alts !!!

Moreover, we still keep the same mathematical probability to win a drop for each of our class !!! I don't get more chance to win a warrior drop because I am playing a rogue !!!!! *** thats so greedy. Imagine I fight 100 battles, and every single time bad luck I choose wrongly : when I choose to dice on warrior, unfortunatly a rogue items droped and vice versa... This is a very smart way to make us out of your dicing way.

It is Clearly a very shameless rules from this community and I don't even understand how players like toy, azz, akbar, longcool would always been so fair could even support : "we don't care you spend much times, efforts and cash for leveling two acc. This is your choice, and you will have to pay for it. This is your choice to bring two acc in a boss fight, but in fact we don't need you too (EVEN IF WE ARE STILL HAPPY TO RECEIVE THE SUPPORT FROM BOTH OF YOUR ACCS BECAUSE INDEED IT STILL MAKE IT EASIER)"

What is the point of enjoying bosses fights with both my accs, spending idols and fights when I am punished by this community to level more than one alts ! None. Having to choose before a fight wich player I will dice with is clearly the most shameless rules ever made on Lugh.

The community do not reconized the value and the efforts I put into leveling more than one alts and dont give *** as I am requested to see my chances at dicing divided by half.

What ? I will have to battles hundred of fights and not even have both my toons full while most of the high players are already full dl and will get drops they don't even need anymore ?

So I say to all of you : shame on you. I am not interested to play anymore with a so greedy and selfish community.
SHADOWKRAR : Warrior 182 Full Glacial
S007 : Rogue 182 Full Glacial / Full Radiant
SHADOWSNIPPER : Ranger 72 Full Meteroric
World : Lugh
Clan : Chieftain of BERSERKERS clan

Re: Dicing DL drops - More than one accs pointless

Hello Shadow,

You discribed one major issue which is totally offtopic from your primary message.

There are too many high level character, too many DL drops required for full DL, and basically there is no way you could equip your characters fast be because the boss mobs you need wont spawn often (most are ph4s bo drop). Add no space for all to level for the high level are is limited and the game experience may turn into claustrophobic.

You are back for a few weeks and you expected to have both your accs upgraded? Possibly only with great luck and all drops pointed to you. I would love to have full DL. Many who do not have would love it. But the simple fact is we cannot have it for a long time yet.

If we in agreed agreed to the rules you do not like it is exactly for onr reason you have written. The reason is "most people do not have 2 high level accounts."

If you are frustrated you cannot equip two character, imagine those who cannot equip even one. The deserve a chance to equip the one as much as you have your right to equip as many as you like. But if drops goes to your alts there will be no drops for the main.

We need as may DL armors as possible for Mordis. I know you may disagree but playing 2 characters is very hard if you want to want them to be 100% effective during the fight. You may be able to do that but can others do that too? At bosses like Hrungnir we need 100% concentration. Not two 75% concentrations. Btw, I wanna say I really miss Light because he was doing magic with playing multiple characters at once.

So that is my explanation why the rules are here for now. I am not saying it will not change in time when more players get DL armor. I stress players here. We need real people behind the devices to have some enjoyment and progress.

You are a team player and you do care. No matter what some were trying to say I know you and you never ment bad. I understand sour frustration but try get over it at least for some time. The compromises were made to benefit the masses. I know you may disagree but again how many players play active two high level characters at once? I do not want to argue because many of your arguments are valid. But again there are too many people who need something and there is too little of that somethig that some sacrifices have to be made for people to progress.

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .:

I would also like to point out that we are only human and doing best we can. The current rules were not created with any malice toward dual device ppl. In fact, most people do appreciate those who play two toons well, even if they only play one. Before i had alts, i never complained of someone playing alts in a group.

Shadow makes you a number of great points and compelling arguments. As we see from the voting, we seem to be adjusting how we think about alts. This might have been the original rule if we had thought of it. To be honest, option three came to me as i was typing, just didnt think of it before in that context (which is silly cause we do it for aggy, but im only human).

I get that all the rules are not perfect, but i hope that people do not assume they were created with malice toward any particular group. I think, if the discussions are read, we see lots of people struggling with finding a fair solution and the fact that we revisit and modify should be an indication of goodwill not blind greed.

Thanks
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Hello.

I have talked with Shadow and this whole is a major miscommunication.

Shadows main objection was against announcing for what character he will dice BEFORE the fight even starts. This I find ridiculous myself and I did not even know that such a rule existed.

However, I think that this was solved by the rules I have posted.

There is no need to announce for which character you wanna roll before the fight, because multiple characters (main and alts) EACH have ONE roll on EACH item that the character is eligible to roll for until the PLAYER gets a drop. This increases the chance that the PLAYER (one of his main or alts) gets a drop but the PLAYER will always get ONE drop only in ONE fight no matter how many alts he/she brings.

An example of how it works is in the rules in OP in section 3C: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 22&t=43219.

I hope that you find that fair and that it will settle any arguments over this matter.

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .: