Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proposed thoughts with boss reqs and drops

So i have heard a few complains about drops and how people are using items for alts that their level would not meet the requirement, ive also heard people are getting annoyed at certain people going afk for most of the fight and winning drops. I think this shouldn't be allowed. So i shall propose some ideas, thought of by clan serkers, to stop this.

1. We propose that if anyone is caught afking they cannot dice for drops, unless announcing a reason why they are afking such as (bathroom breaks, phone call, wife etc.) this has caused problems because people are constantly using plat items to protect our druids and tanks. As a druid i cannot go afk because a tank will die, even mages cannot go afk because they are constantly casting. So i think its unfair how we as casters are forced to be completely devoted to the fight when some people are afking most of the fight.

2. We propose class restrictions to certain non-class drops
- books; we propose only druids/mages may only roll for these. What dps class in their right mind would use a book?
- dps rings; we propose only dps classes (warriors, rogue, ranger) roll for these. Again what caster at that level would use a dps ring?
- tridents as these provide effective dps for every class it should stay as non class. The reason is it adds spear ability. Which allows even casters to get the occasionally high melee hit. This has been proven to be effective on mages.

Now on another note, people have been complaining about lower levels getting drops so weve come up with some proposed new level reqs.
- druid 120 (there are enough druids over this req to easily kill aggy, but this could be flexible)
- mage 135 (130 mages do very little if they are not support built, this is the reason we suggested this)

Not sure but ive heard the following reqs are coming in next year.
- warrior 145
- rogue 145
- ranger 145
The reason this is suggested is because of the new mobs and their level they are very difficult to avoid and are now harder to kill. I will post a strategy on getting the smallest amount of adds. For main tank i have tested it to be 3 adds to be the maximum amount of adds but thats a different topic i will post later.
On epona our requirement for dicing for aggrogoth and the big bosses, 120+ for the big bosses and 130+ for aggrogoth i believe. These requirements seem a bit much to me, but if thats how it is, i got a long ways to go. :o

Sarge, why you are bothered so much that Berserkers have as you said 90-95% or the drops? Let's name the clan here cause everyone knows.

But why do they have it? Because they are the biggest clan and they also have the highest number of high level members. Many others left their home clans and joined Berserkers because they have better chances there for the reasons given. But they have the right to do so. People are opportunists by nature and only a small part of people can put friendship and fun over an opportunity to be wealthy.

Ok, that's common knowledge so nothing surprising. But again sarge, why do you care so much? Why are you worried? It is a game. People wanna have fun. I have fun just chatting with you here. But for many it is not enough. They want the best armors, best rings, best everything as easy as possible. They joined the clan what promises them that for a small price of just following orders. Many do not want to think so it is even more tempting to be wealthy and do not think at all, have no responsibility, just be a member of the biggest clan.

But why should anyone be bothered about it? It is all virual, people are different, and if they do no harm to others let them have their fun or whatever they see as a fun.

Sarge, bro, let it go and enjoy the game ignoring opportunists who never change. Take my advice and you would never feel the need to have this discussion again.

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .:

Epona carries the lower levels too much. Agg at 130 honestly that's ridiculous. It's as sarge said we shoudl just have it all classes 140+, that way we don't have to deal with lower levels playing and gaining under the higher ups expenses.
Epona has enough 140 and 150+ to carry the 130s, we have somewhere around 25-30 150+ and atleast 50+ 140s and lots of high level druids. If i remember correctly it takes 2 groups to kill aggro, and maybe a few outside help which all get to roll at the end.

Epona carries the lower levels too much. Agg at 130 honestly that's ridiculous. It's as sarge said we shoudl just have it all classes 140+, that way we don't have to deal with lower levels playing and gaining under the higher ups expenses.
Epona has enough 140 and 150+ to carry the 130s, we have somewhere around 25-30 150+ and atleast 40+ 140s and lots of high level druids. If i remember correctly it takes 2 groups to kill aggro, and maybe a few outside help which all get to roll at the end.
Well there you have it :) Epona is a big world as i suspected and we are a small world so we have to work with organising and making it fair as a smaller world. Bigger worlds can proberly kill agg easily without even having all members participate in dice rolling or however u have it. Becuase Epona is big and brutal, you simpley can not have everyones oppinions to come to one agreement. This is not some kind of offence lol, worlds that are big (generally all but lugh) have it blunt. It's like 5-10 clans in the world alone can kill it.
In lugh only two clans alone can kill it.

Hey Toy, thanks for the post. The drops are no concern of mine. I stay on the blacklist most of the time so i dont fight much. I just ge tired of seeing the same thing over and over again on the forums. You and Kam have good ideas that I wish were implemented hub again greed stands in the way. I just hate to see you two waste your breath when its already been decided beforehand. Just throwing my 2 cents in.
Sarge1 : Druid 180+ Chief of Craven

My thoughts:

First, there are two topics: levels and drop distribution

Levels:
Keep it simple, all except Druids be no more than 10 levels below boss (in general). Druids can be 30 levels. Abilities are cools, support mages vs dps is interesting, but they are not as readily verifiable. Level is a relativly good guide. If there seems to be a player who is very weak, it will become known pretty quickly and they won't be invited. It has happened before. Easy

I have read abo it raising the level for aggy in particular. To 145 due to adds. I don't have a big issue with this. Again, Druids at 120 since they support players and don't attack aggy.

Drops: there are two equally valid methods
1. Fully random drops, all dice for all drops.
2. Class based drops.

The main thing is that the method is agreed beforehand.

Though I used to be partial to class based, so that ppl get drops they canuse, I am coming around to toy's way of thinking.

But if we do full random dicing.then for aggy there will be four rolls. Winner in each round choose drop of their choice - this way drops are likely to go to people who can use them. We also have to decide if it is one roll per player, or per alt (assuming the alt meets level req).

If we continue with class based drops, then I think books go to spell casters and tridents to melee. Rings are for all. That seems to be fair and I the spirit of class based rolls.

So, I suppose we should vote on drop method:

1. Fully random, winner of each round chooses drop
2. Class based as we do now.

Thanks
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

I read this thread with attention, and many thanks to Lukov for launching this post. I feel happy to be part of what we can now really start to call a community on Lugh' server. Thanks to ak for the final summary, your posts are always rationall and straight to the points.

You all read this thread so I think the best way to definitly settle these thoughts about boss reqs and drops is to FOCUS and debate each points more accuratly in three different threads :

1 - About redefining a non class drop as a class drop
2 - Random Drops Dincing VS Class drop Dicing
3 - About Level Recquirements
SHADOWKRAR : Warrior 182 Full Glacial
S007 : Rogue 182 Full Glacial / Full Radiant
SHADOWSNIPPER : Ranger 72 Full Meteroric
World : Lugh
Clan : Chieftain of BERSERKERS clan