Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Is Lugh Active?

Hello, i was looking to xfer to Lugh to have a new start and adventure. But as i was exploring places it came to me as a shock with so few people in castle (than im used to). Is Lugh fairly active right now and fun to play in?, did i log in at a less active time?. Or are there just less castle dwellers in Lugh and more players chilling in other areas?. If any Lugh players could pls give me an impression of how Lugh would be to play in, that would be super greatful.
Thank you

Re: Is Lugh Active?

Hello, i was looking to xfer to Lugh to have a new start and adventure. But as i was exploring places it came to me as a shock with so few people in castle (than im used to). Is Lugh fairly active right now and fun to play in?, did i log in at a less active time?. Or are there just less castle dwellers in Lugh and more players chilling in other areas?. If any Lugh players could pls give me an impression of how Lugh would be to play in, that would be super greatful.
Thank you
Lugh is pretty much dead. Eg players mostly just log for bosses. The economy is horrible, unless you are planning on buying the lixes yourself you are going to have a hard time leveling up.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

oh, sad to hear that. Thank you for being honest about the servers situation. I appreciate the reply.

Mizza, you don’t even play anymore and haven’t done for some months. It’s weird hanging around the forum throwing shade on Lugh.

Lugh is doing just fine, there are two active clans, one endgame (all raids except Dino killed) and one which is an active starter clan able to offer competition at Sreng and Snorri. There isn’t a massive castle camper community because people are usually killing bosses. And let’s face it, aside from killing bosses there’s not much else to do.

If you’re buying lix in AH yes it’ll be expensive. What you find if you ask around is you will get them much cheaper. If you can get to level 180 without causing any trouble, you can join Pegasus and avail of our in-clan buy sell chat where xp lix generally sells for 2.5-3k.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

You also don’t play Lugh and haven’t done in forever so have zero right to comment with any authority on whether it is active or not.

If the server wasn’t active, mord necro hrung prime gele and BT would not have all died today. Please go to the Epona board if you want to spaff about Epona and leave the thread for people who actually play on the server to comment. Epona suits you better because the people there have no choice to but to play alongside you.

Nobody in Lugh multi logs 5 toons lol... you’re just making stuff up. As for mord helms, yes there are some people who put stuff in AH for stupid prices like on any server, my void mord helm cost me nothing. How much would that cost on Epona :D
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh

As someone who played lugh since... 2011, I can safely say its not active or worth joining atm. Lugh was in its peak back in 2013, and went downhill from there. If you want a dom clan world, there are several better choices, if you want a dice world, lugh isn't one of them.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

It depends on your definition of ‘playing’ I guess. If you want to stand in the castle on low level toons trying to sell overpriced tat to unsuspecting kids, then lugh probably isn’t the server for you.

If your aim is reaching endgame, playing in a fun clan which kills all bosses except Dino, without being a slave to dkp, and not having to pay gold for your gear, Lugh is a good choice.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh

Lugh: (edit: insert bias disclaimer here; there’s not going to be an accurate description of Lugh; inexperience is inaccurate, experience is biased. So read with grain of salt in hand :D)

Has an EG clan that can kill up to Dino (merit-based gear distribution),
Has a competitive clan that can compete on most bosses (dicing clan?),
Good EG presence in both clans,
Early/Mid game I don't know of a solid path, but both clans seem to do a decent job of helping lower level alts/mains.

Economy could be better,
Rare items are sold at premium rates,
Consumables can be pricey, but varies depending upon what sellers you know,

Yes, multi-logging is a thing, but that's not unique to Lugh if I have a good understanding of other servers,
Dual and occasionally tri-logging is not unusual iirc, but idk of an active quint-logger...

In short, can be fun if you want it to be and you can get along with most decent people, but if not, there's still an opening somewhere in there for you too...

Additional disclaimer: I’ve only ever played Lugh (Don’t plan on leaving either), so yeah, I’m going to describe the silver lining cause I’m defending all I’ve ever known; yes there are downsides, but I feel they are adequately represented by the current discourse lol.
Last edited by Mind on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

oh, sad to hear that. Thank you for being honest about the servers situation. I appreciate the reply.
No problem at all. As you can see, the player of the dom clan in this thread starts to decide who is and is not eligible to give you feedback. Ofcourse only positive feedback about this server is accepted, since they desperately want new players in a dying server. If you want to get involved into pointless clan drama, choose between a very undergeared side or the the dictatorial third reich, then this is your server ;)

If you want to chill and play the game at your own pace, another server is definitely better.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Never said you couldn’t give feedback, just pointing out that your feedback has no basis since you don’t play Lugh and therefore cant possibly be best placed to comment on it.

You’re also making things up. We are not desperate for players, on the contrary. Most new players join the starter clan on the server so why would I want to encourage that? Lol. Pegasus has recruited around 8 new players in the past couple of weeks, most of them already endgame and experienced.

You’re entitled to your opinion, just saying it’s ill educated and baseless. You’re like one of those evangelical people from the Louis Theroux documentary standing at the side of the road spouting hate speech because your plan to make the server rolls didnt work out. It’s just weird, get a new hobby man.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh