Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What happened to Avalon?

I quit CH because of the toxic community that the end game turned into. I even lost the motivation to keep my website up with the original CH Items database (which I gave freely away to the community).

Life is to short to deal with the BS.
It gets worse and worse as time goes on. It’s quite sad as endgame has turned into nothing but a clash of egos, and more about how they can help themselves (abusing exploits, suggestions that benefit them the most, etc...) vs others/the game in general. It’s bringing the game on a downward hill and their heavy weight is making it roll down, and the most they can ever do is point fingers and blame everyone but themselves. Things used to be much different. But I guess that’s what we can expect when people earn all their life achievements in a video game, and atleast we can be thankful they can’t get achievements in the real world.

Still have hope though, as VR seems kind of sour towards those players.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Just wanted to put my two cents in as a previous Avalon member, to re-iterate what Kgr was saying the decline of morale was more the reason Avalon fell, after putting in continuous effort for years the RNG loot table was nothing but a disappointment time after time which in turn caused a cascading effect of players quitting or becoming super casual. As I became casual before Avalon fell I can’t say exactly what happened but I know our decline started long before we were losing bosses to Havoc. I can say for sure though I am enjoying playing the game again on Epona and can confirm you do not “need” to buy plat to get ahead on Epona but it will surely get you where you want faster. Happy hunting lads and may the RNG be ever in your favour ;)
Morrigan
AlexTheL3gend - 224 Warrior
Incineration - 220 Ranger
Devastate - 180 Rogue

Epona
Vithraese - 205 Rogue

Just wanted to put my two cents in as a previous Avalon member, to re-iterate what Kgr was saying the decline of morale was more the reason Avalon fell, after putting in continuous effort for years the RNG loot table was nothing but a disappointment time after time which in turn caused a cascading effect of players quitting or becoming super casual. As I became casual before Avalon fell I can’t say exactly what happened but I know our decline started long before we were losing bosses to Havoc. I can say for sure though I am enjoying playing the game again on Epona and can confirm you do not “need” to buy plat to get ahead on Epona but it will surely get you where you want faster. Happy hunting lads and may the RNG be ever in your favour ;)
Its likely a mix of both. Game discouraged the clan at first and add the losses it was another nail in the coffin.

Never thought I would touch the game again.. but this quarantine got me watching YouTube and this game came up on recommended.. Good old days in Morrigan was the skullcrusher,Falg, early Havoc vs Avalon stages. It was fun and it wasn’t much drama. Funny thing was the constant hustle. Sucks to see this game going to crap.

KGR is correct. The resources and time needed were not worth it. It wasn’t fun anymore. We were all playing for eachother and the game is so dumb with necro rings being better then gele ton rings which is backwards didn’t help. Not to mention the drop rate at the time which idk if it’s changed or not was horrendous for good items. We killed like 7 gelebrons in a row that dropped nothing but pure garbage and not a single person claimed anything. People no longer wanted to show up. Then the game became a camping battle where we took shifts 24/7 to call everyone on to get bosses before havoc. It was not fun camping. Then OTM thought it would be a good idea to increase the stupid spawn windows. That was the last straw for many and due to lack of activity when we could only fill a group with maybe 6 people havoc came in tons of numbers and they griefed when we got the lock. They were thirsty for any kinds of drops because Ava hardly let a boss slip for years. Then those members that still logged saw no point because we were fighting lower bosses we should of had to abandon a long time ago but still drops items better then end game was offering because the devs were idiots. Anytime we complained on the forums we were ignored. The game felt more like a chore then fun. Nobody wanted to log because nobody wanted to be asked to camp a boss. Aileron decided he wasn’t going to waste his time anymore and decided to quit. My build was maxed out and the best rogue build in the game at that point due to luck with drops and lack of rogue mains at fights. So the only reason I was logging is to help my clan mates for helping me get there and I enjoyed their company. All of this is just the tip of the iceberg. They added the lock system which punished top end players for leveling and progressing. So our best players couldn’t use their op setups to assist with anything but gele and proteus which was stupid. Avalon quit because the game was no longer fun and that allowed havoc to start dominating. Not the other way around. I wouldn’t listen to anything songz says because he’s the only member ever kicked during the years of its prime due to greed and scamming greenbigg. Nobody up until ava stopped being the dominant clan over about a 7 year period ever left the clan. We rarely recruited and the process to get in required 100% yes votes in the clan. I absolutely loves Avalon. It was a family and the loyalty and respect was insane. All of us lent very high value items to eachother without doubt. If one ava needed something they were always taken care of. Nobody was prioritized because of position. We all got to know eachother on very personal levels. The fact that someone made it into the clan was enough to trust them with any of my items. I would lend my void gele dagger or my camo charm for people to mess around with and had no concern for their trust. I made mistakes as a kid when I first joined and I was taught valuable life lessons. Avalon was family to me and when everyone quit I had no reason to continue playing. I have pursued other things in life. It still pains me when I rarely log to see the game and click the clan tab to see I’m the only one on. I miss trolling other clans with oNi and Dangezous. I miss late talks with Aileron and ceinwen. I miss us all staying up late joking around and leveling each other’s alts by healing or buffing them for no personal gain. It was an absolute privilege to be an Avalon member since 2013. It will always hold a place in my heart but sadly I’ve moved on in life. I built a great relationship with each individual member and filled the clan chat far more then anyone else. My life was heavily impacted by the people I met and became friends with in Avalon.
MortalCreed 225 Rogue
EMT 136+ Druid
Zapto 215+ Mage
Noob of Avalon:D
FULL DOCH GUL+VOID DAGGER
My YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/ajhrygBzBBU