Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#51
I was no rolled at Hrung last reset after rolling a 100. Why one might ask? Because I didn’t have an offhand to use, even though no where in the rules does it say “all slots must be filled”. Now of course it would make sense if my other gear was bad making me ineffective at the boss since the very first sentence of the rule states “Your character must be geared with equipment that will be effective at killing the boss.“, only the rest of my gear is far above average for my level with an additional T5 Phoenix.

Now here’s what I take from that rule. All of your equipment must combine to make you as a player effective at killing the boss. Looking at individual slots is ridiculous. Why should he get no rolled if he has a bad misc while his other equipment is very good? Why should I get no rolled if I’m missing an offhand but the rest of my equipment is very good? Also note that I’m a mage, where offhands at my lvl (180) play a very small role unlike melee classes. I was lixing without an offhand and was casually landing 13k crit firestorms on 4* trolls lol
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#53
Chaotic wrote:Wait lmfao. You're actually complaining that you got no-rolled at hrung WITHOUT an offhand? lol that is actually hilarious

I mean yea. I can outdps probably 80% of the mages around my lvl with them having offhands. The reason why I didn’t have an offhand was because I’m short on gold and I was prioritizing more important items like a Hrung fb skull, and then getting a dl offhand from farming snorri. Why should I get no rolled while another mage with an offhand but worse jewelry who I can outdps gets to roll?
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#54
Zkills wrote:I was no rolled at Hrung last reset after rolling a 100. Why one might ask? Because I didn’t have an offhand to use, even though no where in the rules does it say “all slots must be filled”. Now of course it would make sense if my other gear was bad making me ineffective at the boss since the very first sentence of the rule states “Your character must be geared with equipment that will be effective at killing the boss.“, only the rest of my gear is far above average for my level with an additional T5 Phoenix.

Now here’s what I take from that rule. All of your equipment must combine to make you as a player effective at killing the boss. Looking at individual slots is ridiculous. Why should he get no rolled if he has a bad misc while his other equipment is very good? Why should I get no rolled if I’m missing an offhand but the rest of my equipment is very good? Also note that I’m a mage, where offhands at my lvl (180) play a very small role unlike melee classes. I was lixing without an offhand and was casually landing 13k crit firestorms on 4* trolls lol


I would be upset also if it wasn’t mentioned until after you rolled 100. Usually this kind of thing would be announced before boss begins, so that you don’t waste your time at the boss, and no drama after boss. However it happened, and you weren’t fully geared. Would you like me to add that specific phrasing into the rules? “Come to a boss fully geared, and properly geared”? You’d think that’d be obvious, but I can ask that it be added and I’m sure it will. Back to hrung though, who else didn’t have an offhand at hrung? Mage or otherwise? “Players at any boss need to be fairly geared with jewels/weapons/armor for the boss or a player can ask for you to be no-rolled”. What’s your excuse for not having any offhand? Mage offhands are cheap, like really cheap for the basic ones, you could get probably get any mage offhand and not have to worry about being no-rolled at mord/necro/hrung.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#55
What happened happened, there’s no changing that. Yes saying nothing until I won was a *** move considering I was oblivious to the idea of needing every slot filled (and I was up until 2am for the reset and used resources for the boss). I wouldn’t have rolled/participated if someone told me before hand, but since it was done after I rolled 100 it encouraged me to bring the issue up. I read the rule and figured I was still an effective mage because I had above average gear. It’s not about me losing anymore, it’s the rule in general. It’s most fair to say that your gear must come together to make you as a player effective at killing the boss. If he has amazing gear but his misc is far below average because he can’t afford to get one, but he’s still effective against said boss, he should have every right to roll.

Either way, the rule needs to be far more clear about the general gear standards because it opens the doors to so much conflict as seen in this thread and I’m sure many other times in the past. It’s like a bunch of politicians arguing over what the US constitution really means in certain sections.

Response to above ^^ I stated my reason in the previous post
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#56
Yes, I saw your reason. You could’ve also asked if your gear was good for boss, people would’ve checked and answered and the situation also would’ve been avoided, but seeing as you thought it’d be fine I understand that you didn’t. And playing on Epona is very much like being a politician in a government. Everyone has a voice, mostly endgame players hold the political capital, especially older players, but all Epona players can suggest and then vote on changes if it gets traction. We have our own server “government” so to speak, and it’s in place to protect the server we have created, if not, everything would be complete chaos. I’ve been in plenty of arguments with the people of Epona, some of which have created change and adjusted the rules accordingly. Usually I just follow my gut and try and keep the server fair as possible. The reason I wrote the rule book (trust me it wasn’t fun) was to prevent all the drama that came about because people didn’t actually know the rules.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#57
YURIAN wrote:
Zkills wrote:I was no rolled at Hrung last reset after rolling a 100. Why one might ask? Because I didn’t have an offhand to use, even though no where in the rules does it say “all slots must be filled”. Now of course it would make sense if my other gear was bad making me ineffective at the boss since the very first sentence of the rule states “Your character must be geared with equipment that will be effective at killing the boss.“, only the rest of my gear is far above average for my level with an additional T5 Phoenix.

Now here’s what I take from that rule. All of your equipment must combine to make you as a player effective at killing the boss. Looking at individual slots is ridiculous. Why should he get no rolled if he has a bad misc while his other equipment is very good? Why should I get no rolled if I’m missing an offhand but the rest of my equipment is very good? Also note that I’m a mage, where offhands at my lvl (180) play a very small role unlike melee classes. I was lixing without an offhand and was casually landing 13k crit firestorms on 4* trolls lol


I would be upset also if it wasn’t mentioned until after you rolled 100. Usually this kind of thing would be announced before boss begins, so that you don’t waste your time at the boss, and no drama after boss. However it happened, and you weren’t fully geared. Would you like me to add that specific phrasing into the rules? “Come to a boss fully geared, and properly geared”? You’d think that’d be obvious, but I can ask that it be added and I’m sure it will. Back to hrung though, who else didn’t have an offhand at hrung? Mage or otherwise? “Players at any boss need to be fairly geared with jewels/weapons/armor for the boss or a player can ask for you to be no-rolled”. What’s your excuse for not having any offhand? Mage offhands are cheap, like really cheap for the basic ones, you could get probably get any mage offhand and not have to worry about being no-rolled at mord/necro/hrung.


I'm confused now. Any offhand will do or it has to a proper offhand?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#58
YURIAN wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.


Im not from this server, nor do i ever plan to be but heres my two cents

Your mindset is greedy and disgusting. You are judging people off they’re gear. Not they’re hard work. A full dg toon with the best possible gear and a 2/5 dl toon with half scattered gear at a boss are both doing as much as they can to help in the Killing of the boss. Excluding people after they worked just as hard as anyone else to kill a boss is wrong.
If they arnt geared this boss, at least they will be for the next one. Eventually they will become a better help to a boss, but not if they’re progress is halted over others greed and manipulation.

This is little better than scamming the toons at the boss. Your forcing them to buy your gear that they dont need/want so they have a chance at getting better gear later on. That is not right.

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#59
finalblow wrote:
YURIAN wrote:
Supernatura1 wrote:I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.


Im not from this server, nor do i ever plan to be but heres my two cents

Your mindset is greedy and disgusting. You are judging people off they’re gear. Not they’re hard work. A full dg toon with the best possible gear and a 2/5 dl toon with half scattered gear at a boss are both doing as much as they can to help in the Killing of the boss. Excluding people after they worked just as hard as anyone else to kill a boss is wrong.
If they arnt geared this boss, at least they will be for the next one. Eventually they will become a better help to a boss, but not if they’re progress is halted over others greed and manipulation.

This is little better than scamming the toons at the boss. Your forcing them to buy your gear that they dont need/want so they have a chance at getting better gear later on. That is not right.

Its perfectly right and works, nobody is forced to do anything lol and nobody is excluded AFTER killing the boss (except for rare misunderstandings) they are usually told before (or in the rules) that the won't be allowed to roll
Image

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

#60
My incident must have been one of those “rare misunderstandings”. No rolling me after I rolled a 100 lol. Ironic how I see shortly after the same dude who called me out after I already won walking around with the same godly brace that dropped... hmmmmmmmm.

You know looking back, he didn’t even call me out for having no offhand. He accused me of staying on my mount for the entire fight which wasn’t true. When I showed him my weps then I was accused for having no offhand... so he basically took a random jab at me for winning and lucked out when the main tank bought that bs situation lol.

unfathomable like that needs to be prevented from happening again. There should be a rule in place where you can’t no roll someone after they’ve already won. Give a warning instead

Image
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest