Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Festive Cheer - Design a Yuletide Mount!

Hello everyone,

Winter approaches and we are in a festive mood. We invite all creative players to design a holiday-themed mount

How To Enter:

Your design can be anything that is a creature or object in the game, the real world, or in a high fantasy setting. What special skill or bonus attributes will it include?
You don't need to include every variant or tier, but just a general design of your Yuletide Mount!
Including a drawing, sketch, or digital artwork of your Yuletide mount!

If you would like to email your submission, you can do so by emailing community@onethumbmobile.com. If you have already replied to the contest thread, you do not need to email your submission.

Competition Winners:
Iael and the Yule Goat: viewtopic.php?p=821122#p821122
Nickaw and the Ancient Alpaca: viewtopic.php?p=821198#p821198

Honorable Mentions:
Hellbound and the Reins of the Yulefather: viewtopic.php?p=821137#p821137
Harambe and the Frostcolt: viewtopic.php?p=821164#p821164

Prizes:
2 lucky winners will receive a Spirit Pet of their choice!
2 runners-up will receive a Giant Pet of their choice!

Competition Period:
Start: Thursday, Dec.. 16th, 2021 (BKK Time)
End: Monday, Dec. 27th, 2021 (BKK Time)

Rules:
Can be any existing creature or object in the game or something new.
It must have a purpose, what special ability or skill bonuses does it have?
Include a description of the mount (like you would see in the tool tip).
Include a sketch, drawing or digital image of your design.
Nothing inappropriate or offensive.
One entry per user.
General Terms & Conditions apply.
If you are using non-original artwork or photos, please make sure to include credit of the owner and/or link to the original image.

Re: Festive Cheer - Design a Yuletide Mount!

Hail hero so you want to know more about snowflakes? the Yule Father has moved on from hats and decided to use his abilities to create giant snowflakes for us to get around on! Enchanting each snow flake with his magics these snow flakes will never melt so you can enjoy the yuletide spirit all year round. From the gentle snowflake to the snow blizzard these snowflakes are a joy to ride around on and are only here for a limited time so get yours now!

The Yuletide Snowflake?

What's that hero? You heard whispers of a balls of snow appearing in dal riata? well the rumors are true it seems that the yule fathers magic is being twisted and snow blizzards are appearing around Dal Riata. It has been reported to appear as swirling balls of snow! if defeated these blizzards have a chance at leaving behind Snow pendants and miscs to aid you in your journey as well as a very special snowflake I like to call the YuleFlake!

Gentle Snowflake :

This snowflake enchanted with the magic of the yule father increases your movement speed by 5% and shoots bursts of snow at your enemies. Uses Novelty ability

Piercing damage: 5
Cold Damage: 10
Attack speed: 3000
Weight: 15

Visual Description:
Normal minimalistic snowflake.

Blizzard Snowflake :

This snowflake enchanted with the magic of the yule father increases your movement speed by 70% and increases your health and energy regen by 40 each. This snowflake shoots bursts of snow at your enemies that have a chance deal up to 500 cold damage . Uses Novelty ability

Piercing damage: 20
Cold Damage : 80
Proc Skill: Snow Storm
Proc Chance : 10%
Infinite Uses

Visual description:

This snowflake has "snowbound" effect which leaves a trail of snow trail behind it as it moves
There are ice crystals around this snowflake that emit a shimmering light like on the frosty hats.

Yuletide Snowflake (yuleflake) :

This snowflake freed from the twisted snowstorms across dal riata increases your movement speed by 10% and give the skill snow lure which aids in lowering the target enemies cold resistance by 200 for the next 60 seconds. This snowflake shoots bursts of snow at your enemies that have a chance deal up to 150 cold damage . Uses Novelty ability

Piercing damage: 2
Cold Damage : 4
Skill: Snow Lure

Visual description:

This snowflake has "snowbound" effect which leaves a trail of snow trail behind it as it moves
There are ice crystals around this snowflake that emit a shimmering light like on the frosty hats. Sketch to come soon

Drawings:

Sketches done in pen by me and wanted to give a big thanks to Fierce Flame for offering to colorize them for me they look amazing! I had a lot of fun creating my entry and cant wait to see all the others that are posted!

World : Gwydion
Class : Mage
Name : Magister22
Level : 221
Last edited by magister22 on Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Magister22-fire Mage
Go Gwyd!

The Yule is coming!!! - Yulefather

"Yule would be boring if only Reindeer exists, but this year. It won't be alone anymore. Ho! Ho! Ho! Its cousin from another species, the Yule Goat will accompanied travelers and adventurers alike!!!"

"Story:"

Ho! Ho! Ho! Dear Adventurers

The chills of the winter has come, but under the starry night of the polar star, not only the coldness exists.
This winter is also the time for warmth, a moment for festive and celebration. Santa Claus is very busy delivering presents to many good kids around the globe. His friend..Me! The Yulefather is free, my friend, Santa has take one of my steeds, The Reindeer!, and left me alone...Cranky old man isn't he hehehe...

But, here's the thing, Hero. This yule, I want to give you brave adventurers a present, a touch of winter, warmth and love. Although you would desired something more "Heroic" if you know what I mean. Ho! Ho! Ho!. A hero without his journey's steed is very unlikely does it not? So, I help you, and you help me! *Yulefather smiles cleverly* Thor has blessed us with the offspring of the goats that he once used to rode the sky in a chariot, the Tanngnjóstr and Tanngrisnir. We are grateful for such a gift. Therefore, I want to use it to bring peace and happiness and of course….money during this harsh winter. So, I have a request for you, adventurer...

Please mount on my most trusted steed, the mighty Yule Goat and ride him throughout the lands during this winter of festive and warmth to signifies the arrival of Yule!!! and me, The Yulefather!, So that every citizens of Dal Riata and alike can celebrates after their arduous journey with gifts and warmth of the moment with whom they love. Oh and by the way, Yule Goat is not easily tamed and acquire. If you wanted to ride on one, you must pay……you heroes know……a maintenance fee!. Well even a Yulefather needs to take care of his family and gifts production factory you know!? So be brave and keep open the chests for it!!!

Happy Christmas! Ahem...Yule!
- The Yulefather -

Also, nothing related to the competition but, Happy Merry Christmas to VR team and the developers that worked hard and keep this game up. Thank you very much that you provide us all a place to enjoy during this winter as well. Hope you have a happy time.

Note: Reindeer part is sold separately, Choking Hazard: Small goats. Not for children under 3 years. Ho! Ho! Ho!

"Example:"

"Animation Effect & moving 100% Mount:"

"Animation Effect & moving 95% Mount:"

"Original Yule Goat (From an online source, link below)"

"Mount Stats:"

"Benevolent Yule Goat:"

Santa Claus goes missing with the Reindeer delivering gifts to various peoples. But he forgot this heavenly steed of Yule that prepare the gifts, helping people distributing small gifts to the families they visited. After the fruitful harvests. It eagers to work hard again to share happiness during the Yule and protect the adventurers from evil, with blessing from Thor, the god of thunder and the people of the distant lands. As a spirit of Yule, it increases your movement speed by 100% and camouflage by 50% and can cheer you up for 2000 energy. Grants the skill "Polar Mist", making you invisible for 20 seconds. Use Novelty Ability.

Slot: Main Hand
Two Handed
Piercing Damage: 10
Magic Damage: 100
Attack Speed: 3000
Proc Skill: Cheerful Yuletide
Proc Chance: 10%
Gives Skill: Polar Mist
Resist Magic: 500
Infinite Uses
Weight: 20

"Bountiful Yule Goat:"

While Santa Claus goes missing with the Reindeer delivering gifts to various peoples. He forgot this mighty steed of Yule that prepare the gifts with its elders, the spirit goats of Yule. After the fruitful harvests. It eagers to work hard again to share happiness during the Yule and protect the adventurers from evil, with blessing from Thor, the god of thunder and the people of the distant lands. As a spirit of Yule it increases your movement speed by 95% and camouflage by 40% and can cheer you up for 1500 energy. Grants the skill "Polar Mist", making you invisible for 10 seconds. Use Novelty Ability.

Two Handed
Magic Damage: 75
Resist Magic: 300
Infinite Uses

"Gracious Yule Goat:"

While Santa Claus goes missing with the Reindeer delivering gifts to various peoples. He forgot this grateful steed of Yule that prepare the gifts with its elders, the spirit goats of Yule. After the fruitful harvests. It eagers to work hard again to share happiness during the Yule and protect the adventurers from evil, with blessing from Thor, the god of thunder and the people of the distant lands. As a spirit of Yule it increases your movement speed by 90% and camouflage by 30% and can cheer you up for 1000 energy. Use Novelty Ability.

Two Handed
Magic Damage: 50
Resist Magic: 200
Infinite Uses

"Kind Yule Goat:"

While Santa Claus goes missing with the Reindeer delivering gifts to various peoples. He forgot this compassionate steed of Yule that prepare the gifts with its elders, the spirit goats of Yule. After the fruitful harvests. It eagers to work hard again to share happiness during the Yule and protect the adventurers from evil, with blessing from Thor, the god of thunder and the people of the distant lands. As a spirit of Yule it increases your movement speed by 85% and camouflage by 20% and can cheer you up for 500 energy. Use Novelty Ability.

Two Handed
Magic Damage: 45
Resist Magic: 150
Infinite Uses

"Helpful Yule Goat:"

While Santa Claus goes missing with the Reindeer delivering gifts to various peoples. He forgot this cheerful steed of Yule that prepare the gifts with its elders, the spirit goats of Yule. After the fruitful harvests. It eagers to work hard again to share happiness during the Yule and protect the adventurers from evil, with blessing from Thor, the god of thunder and the people of the distant lands. As a spirit of Yule it increases your movement speed by 80% and camouflage by 10% and can cheer you up for 250 energy. Use Novelty Ability.

Two Handed
Magic Damage: 40
Resist Magic: 100
Infinite Uses

"Bag, Horns & Visual Description:"

"The 100% variant will have"
- Golden horns
- Blue effect similar to fishing fashion competition prize for chilly effect! (Please look above in the "Example" as a reference)
- The Red gift bag it carries will also have a gold "Batik" or "Ornate" pattern on it to commemorate Thor's blessing and as one of the representatives of Yule.

"The 95% will have:"
- Silver horns
- The same effect as 100% one but white color (Please look above in the "Example" as a reference)
- The Blue gift bag it carries will have a silver "Batik" or "Ornate" pattern on it to commemorate Thor's Blessing.

"The 90% will have:"
- Bronze horns
- No Effect
- The White bag it carries will have a bronze "Batik" or "Ornate" pattern on it to commemorate Thor's Blessing.

"The 85% will have:"
- Yellow horns
- No Effect
- The Green bag it carries will have a yellow pattern on it to commemorate Thor's Blessing.

"The 80% will have"
- Brown horns, just like in the "Original Yule Goat" picture above.
- No Effect
- The Brown bag it carries will have no pattern just like in the Picture above. To signifies the humble origins of the Goat from a domestic steed to a steed of a god, Thor. Until it became a legend of the folks during the Yule.

"Skills Details:"

Description: The Yule Goat, spirit of Yule wants to make everyone happy during this frigid and harsh weather of the winter. It have a small chance of 10% to regenerate your energy by xxxx upon using the mount to attack enemy.

Description: As a spirit of Yule, its being is shrouded in the legends of the people and only appears during the Yule. But it wants to imparts the power of Yule onto you as a protection from the evil spirits. When activated the skill "Polar Mist", the player will be shrouded in the mists of Yule (Imagine Smoke Bomb animation). Rendering you invisible to the enemies for xx seconds. Recast time: 30 secs.

Non-original Artwork links:
Goat: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SLtLFCnEuGc/U ... +GOAT2.jpg
Christmas Tree: https://toppng.com/christmas-tree-png-c ... ges_287075
Ornaments: https://www.kindpng.com/imgv/hbwJRJ_tra ... ackground/
Chilly Effect: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=102406&sid=bdd0c4 ... 47f18eb672
Smoke Effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKHWSVAVOiM
Heal Effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmVDBJF-7qk
Pattern: https://www.pinpng.com/picture/iTJwRiw_ ... ound-gold/

Name: Iael (Capital i not lowercase L)
Level: 220
Class: Druid
Server: Sulis

Pet Choice: Purple Phoenix (Hope I win the Spirit Purple Phoenix) :)
Last edited by Laplace on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:50 am, edited 51 times in total.
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"

In true Christmas spirit nothing beats a classic, so in the spirit of Christmas and the 10th anniversary of Celtic Heroes ride in style with a revamp the classic 2011 Christmas sled with a 2021 Christmas Sleigh.

I’m horrible at drawing unfortunately but Ive include a picture of what the sleigh should look like with the same colour scheme.
There should be a few variants,
85% would be basic and have no effects or bonus stats.

90% would also be basic and have no effects. Bonus 10% camo.

100% Would have the same effect as a frost boarding glistening all around each stand that would trail behind as you glide through the air. Bonus 30% camo.

105% Would be the same as the 100% variant but include snowflakes pouring out from each stand that also trail behind while gliding along. Bonus 50% camo.

110%, and for those lucky enough to get their hands on a 110% variant, they would receive a sleigh with the same visual effects as a 105% but on a beautiful white/gold sleigh instead of the red/gold of all the others, and would include a soft glowing gold effect on each coil at the front and each small coil at the back of the sleigh. Bonus 55% Camo.

All sleighs would have the player sitting in the sleigh with hands outstretched holding onto two spirit reigns that cut off just slightly past the front of the sleigh, and when taking off from standing still would have the player whipping the reigns and the front of the sleigh slightly lifting first followed by the rest of the sleigh as if it were being dragged by reindeers up into and through the air and then when stopping again would lower back to the ground like a sleigh would.
All sleighs for an auto attack visual would have the player take one hand off of one of the reigns and throw a snowball at their target using novelty ability.
The 100%, 105% and 110% variants would all include a “Yuletide Blast” skill that would effect one target and would have the front of the sleigh slightly lift before shooting an ice blast from the front of the sleigh also using novelty ability. Skill would have 30 second cool down.

Stats as shown below.
85%
Cold damage: 50

90%
Cold damage: 100

100% -
Cold damage: 150
Gives skill: Yuletide Blast (up to 1500)

105%
Cold damage: 200
Gives skill: Yuletide Blast (up to 2000)

110% -
Cold damage: 400
Gives Skill: Yuletide Blast (up to 4000)

Photo credit - https://3dbaza.com/santas-sleigh-santa-claus-117899

StabToKill 223 Rouge - Crom
Last edited by StabToKill on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christmas is approaching and the holidays have begun. You may think that the paths are getting icy, the ground is laden with snow, 'tis the holiday season after all, the excitement is starting to grow. But this is a fantasy from where this creature is from, for this mighty hopping creature is from down below. Down under, in Australia, the weather is getting brighter, but beware of this creature as it is known to be a biter. Of course I'm talking about the kangaroo to help you on your journey, this mighty beast will hop and jump you must get in early. For summer doesn't last long, down where he belongs. He may not be available much longer than he is salable.

'The Yuletide Roo'
Hop around Dal Riata on this creature from another land. With its strong legs, your movement speed will be boosted by 90% and with the evasive manoeuvres, your camouflage will be boosted by 40%. The kangaroo is known to be a boxer, use its 'left hook' skill to deal 1000 crushing damage to a foe.

Two Handed
Crushing Damage: 10
Heat Damage: 50
Gives Skill: Left Hook

Here is a rough sketch of a person riding the kangaroo (I'm not good at art)

With increasing rarity, the hat can change colours from red to white.

Edit: Here is a youtube video of my animation of a general idea of how the movement will look.

https://youtu.be/G-rH2jLKcLA

Name: Hubotwt
Level: 224
Class: Warrior
Server: Gwydion
Last edited by Hubott on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Introducing: Spider Claus!

Santa and Urchaid met in a bar and the rest is history…

This Yule is a special one! Why? Because we, the founders of the “How The Spider Stole Christmas” corporation inspire you to push the boundaries of the typical Christmas image with this creepy-cute new battle mount by the name of “Spider Claus”!

Spider Claus is the perfect new mount to herald Yule Time! While it is your job to collect the presents hidden all across the world of Celtic Heroes, Spider Claus will be your most loyal, hard working and well… frightening companion to help you track down packaged goods and fend off your competition!
As a team, you and Spider Claus will be on an unstoppable quest to steal- I, I mean SAVE Christmas and return peace to the beginning of the new year.

This new mount comes in different tiers and therefore colours ranging from the classic holiday (or Italian) spectrum of red, white and green all the way to the tier 4 eggplant version, which changes the tone of Spider Claus’s silky smooth skin. Its sparkly and colourful eggs can be found in the brand new Yuletide event chests, although you must be advised to not tug on the Santa hat adorning their shells or else irreversible damage to the Spider Claus hatchling may be caused, resulting in an imminent threat to the chest opener that we do not wish to further disclose. Rumours have it that a special edition of Spider Claus‘s egg can be obtained by, as the legend tells, „donating thyself to the depths of the sacred waters by the Eastern pothouse“ - whatever that means.

Warning: Once in spirit tier, Spider Claus will become one with the spirit of Christmas and as a result of that may retract to a state of hibernation that shall last until the next Yule fest dawns. During this time, Spider Claus must not be disturbed or else there will be dire consequences like those that are displayed in the journal “how my best friend’s rogue got eaten by a giant spider with sparkling legs” found in a hidden chest at the bottom of the fountain beside Lirs Reach’s tavern, where it was drowned due to the issues it caused in the marketing of Spider Claus.

Being seated upon Spider Claus will allow you to be the fiercest, most ferocious and fearless present hunter of all! Its strong, sparkly legs will increase your movement speed by 100% and leave a trail of glitter and tinsel to mark your way through the snowy lands of Dal Riata. When entering combat, Spider Claus will capture your gift thieving opponents by catapulting the giant Yule Hat atop its back right towards the enemy.

Slot: Mount
Strength: 120
Dexterity: 120
Yule Spirit: over 9000
Gives Skill: Santa Hat Catapult
Infinite Uses
Physical Attack Evasion: 240
Spell Attack Evasion: 240
Gift Thief Evasion: 2512
Wounding Attack Evasion: 240
NO TRADE
Important Item
Level Requirement: 80
Christmas Joy Requirement: infinite

Warning: Hibernation Terms Apply - No Refunds or Life Insurance

Happy Holidays, Heroes!

Name: Meer Monsoon
Level: 190 at Time of submission
Class: Warrior
Server: Taranis

Art by: myself, duh :)
Last edited by Lady Miranda on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Professional soul stealer

Retired Eponian formerly known by the name of Miranda27

Taranis:
Meer Monsoon - Dps Warrior

Festive Yule Cane

This Festive Yule Cane was forged by the mages of Dal Riata to celebrate Yuletide. This mount increases movement speed by 90%. Grants the user 50% camouflage. This mount gives the rider Freeze skill freezing your enemies for 5 seconds.

Two Handed
Crushing Damage: 15
Magic Damage: 40
Attack Speed: 3100
Gives skill: Freeze
Resist Magic: 150
Infinite Uses
Weight: 10

Guardian of the North Pole

Whether you want to call him the Yule Father, Odin or Santa Claus, he and his elven helpers are growing tired and weary of having to stave off the countless people trying to find the true North Pole for generations. For centuries, the world has sought to unearth this mythical location just as they've sought to prove the existence of the poor old recluse known as Sasquatch and even trying to disturb shy ol' Nessie. In an effort to dissuade people from journeying too far to the North... the Yule Father has trained, bred and enlisted a variety of guardians to protect this sacred place.

On the outside, the Guardians of the North appear to be dangerous, ferocious and quite imposing, for that is their goal. To thwart any effort for those daring to continue on their quest to finding where all the magic happens. However, on the inside, the Guardians are just your typical loveable creatures with hearts made of Yuletide spirit. When the need arises, the Guardians will take action when a threat is eminent.

https://preview.redd.it/v0vgm2od3uu61.p ... 2a3c8cb0fe

Guardian of the North Pole
Two Handed
Crushing Damage: 150
Magic Damage: 100
Gives skill: Yuletide Maul - The Guardian of the North uses it's massive paws to strike down upon its foe causing their armor to temporarily weaken (150 armor deduction for 7 seconds) and causes the target to bleed profusely for 7 seconds (DoT damage 1500-2000 per tic). Guardian's Protection will add 200 armor. Mount speed 85% and regenerations 75 energy and 75 health per tic.
Proc Skill: Guardian's Protection
Level Req: 100
Infinite Uses

Visual Effect: A mystical wind with light snow flurries. Similar to the Dreaming Horns of Twilight with a mixture of effect Sacred Aural/Snowbound fashion all in one.

Name: Stonewall
Server: Rhiannon
Level: 220 warrior

Christmas is coming !

And this end of the year is full of surprises...

It seems that Mommy Christmas told Santa Claus to offer his wings to the people of Dal Riata who are celebrating their 10th anniversary / christmas, for the most hardened players who have been wise throughout this year and the past years.

This object of unparalleled rarity attracts covetousness by its magical and warm Christmas aura, the legend says that the most perfect version of these wings would freeze any form of life within a range.

Frozen Wings of Mommy Christmas :

These enchanted wings with Santa's magic increase your movement speed by 100% and camouflage by 50%. The aura of these wings have a chance to envelop you to protect you by freezing everything around you within reach.

Slot : Main Hand
Two Handed
Slashing Damage : 10
Magic Damage : 100
Attack Speed : 3000
Proc Skill : Instant Gel Protection
Proc Chance : 10%
Weight : 20

Normal version (80 / 85 / 90 / 95%)

Final version with effects (100%)

(I don't have color I usually draw everything with a criterium, I will try to put it in color and edit it before the end)

ASULF Lvl 232 Warrior - Gwydion
Last edited by Cesthyr on Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

YULE GOAT

The Yule goat is a Scandinavian and Northern European Yule and Christmas symbol and tradition. Its origin may be Germanic pagan and has existed in many variants during Scandinavian history. Modern representations of the Yule goat are typically made of straw.

The Yule goat's origins go back to ancient Pagan festivals. While its origins are unclear, a popular theory is that the celebration of the goat is connected to worship of the Norse god Thor, who rode the sky in a chariot drawn by two goats, Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr, it goes back to common Indo-European beliefs. The last sheaf of grain bundled in the harvest was credited with magical properties as the spirit of the harvest and saved for the Yule celebrations, called among other things Yule goat (Julbocken).

Forwhyee, Lvl 221 Warrior - Morrigan