Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

More elucidation to Advocates purpose and proposed change

Ok so many groups in game and in real life like to not have a set "leader". They want to be led by the people and formed by the people.

I disagree.

I think a clan needs to have a well defined purpose and vision that others can join to if they want. Or they can join and learn for a while and then start something they believe in.

I am the leader of Advocate.

I have the final say on decisions.

That said I am doing this to serve the people so I am totally up to suggestions and stuff.

However I am the keeper of the vision and direction of Advocate and I need to not compromise on my morals and principles by just doing what the people want.

To help people I have to not give in to peoples selfish demands or threats. Make sense?

My proposition is this: No level restriction in Advocate. Thats right: lvl 1-150+

Now I am open to your suggestions on this, however, I won't accept selfish reasons like "I don't want to be in a noob clan" or "I want our clan to be exclusive and respected so high lvls only" ect.

Give me a good non-selfish reason why and I will consider it.

One reason could be lack of focus. Well to that I say our focus should to be to help anyone regardless of level.

One reason could be cluttered clan-chat. That is a legitimate reason but with good clan chat rules this shouldn't be a huge issue and if the clan gets too big I'm sure someone in the clan would want to start their own clan.

The truth is I wanted to have the clan no lvl req from day 1, I just bowed to the selfish pressure from the other founding members.

Truth is if no one likes it and I am the only one left I don't care. I will live out my principles no matter what the cost is. And I am confident that by living out my principles we will grow even more.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: More elucidation to Advocates purpose and proposed chang

And this doesn't mean we should greedily recruit lvl 1's to try to get our clan ranking up.

I have ceased caring about our ranking.

This is about including those who want to be included regardless of level and helping everyone, not just ourselves.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

Good point, but I don't want to impose any artificial motivation on people in order to be a part of the group. I want the motivation come from thier own free will.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?

That's gonna be a mess.
1 in chat. It is gonna be flooded with messages from novice members like "where to find black chicken". Also I do not believe that any rules may work in chat.
2 in drops distribution

Also, there are many people that are going just to try the game and leave

Look at real life, do seniors in school play with students from elementary?
Ya, there will be people asking questions like that. If people don't know they don't have to answer. If they keep asking then that's against the rules :).

Ya, many people try the game and leave. That is why we shouldn't go around lirs and recruit every new lvl 1 necessarily.
A good rule of thumb is: if you can't take the time to help someone, don't invite them.

Also I will be (with guards and generals help pls) clearing out inactive members. Don't worry, they can rejoin when they start playing again.

Well there are plenty of different opponents in the game at all elvels so its not like seniors and elementry students are playing in the NFL. They are fighitng monsters they can help with
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a caster?