Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

New scamming tricks . Pay attention!

Today I got scammed and I havent given item someone for free! So a player ( big scammer but I havent known it) told me he want to borrow my axe. He will pay me 350 k and I will give him axe. So on trade I added axe and he added 350 k but after trade completed I saw he gave me 35 k. Normally if someone change something in trade it is trade cancelled. Then in trade it writes are you sure he changed from 350 000 to 35 000 I checked it and it works o.o . Guys pay attencion!!!!!!!!!! If you got scammed like me pls write. It happend on lir server but it can happen on awarn too.

vid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYXtfz ... DPVYHXFx-6
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Naming and Shaming Rule.

Re: New scamming tricks . Pay attention!

otm should remove trade and mail
Trading is fun, it plays a massive role in the game too, my best suggestion is as op said, pay attention
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Trading is fun, it plays a massive role in the game too, my best suggestion is as op said, pay attention
Trading does not play a massive role lol. What an exageration It helps scammers and shady clan leaders more than anyone else.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Trading does not play a massive role lol. What an exageration It helps scammers and shady clan leaders more than anyone else.
Alright Einstein, what should we do with drops that aren't even our own class? Can't trade them right so as a matter of fact it plays a big role
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Alright Einstein, what should we do with drops that aren't even our own class? Can't trade them right so as a matter of fact it plays a big role
Maybe fix the broken system so stuff does not need to be traded to begin with? just a thought. like maybe if the drop goes to you it will be something class specific. I mean correct me if im wrong but this game does favor arrogant, selfish, and greedy high level players.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Maybe fix the broken system so stuff does not need to be traded to begin with? just a thought. like maybe if the drop goes to you it will be something class specific. I mean correct me if im wrong but this game does favor arrogant, selfish, and greedy high level players.
You're making it harder on the creators, such thing that could easily be avoided, you want them to do internal stuff, no. Do explain, how many times have you traded ingame? There's been nothing you didn't have that you obtained through trading? The trading is what keeps the Gold going in a cycle and non plat buyers can benefit along side the plat buyers.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

You're making it harder on the creators, such thing that could easily be avoided, you want them to do internal stuff, no. Do explain, how many times have you traded ingame? There's been nothing you didn't have that you obtained through trading? The trading is what keeps the Gold going in a cycle and non plat buyers can benefit along side the plat buyers.
+1 to Shivahh

Big no to removing trade feature. What if you need to give something to an alt? Loot distribution? Helping someone out with a boss and you want to give them drop?

The trade feature is also a mechanic that makes the game fun. Sure, a single scam can ruin a game for someone, but ultimately that's on them. You really can't blame game mechanics for making it possible for scams to occur.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

I honestly don't feel like this is really a feasible task. You'd run into issues with things like gear distribution mechanics, fairness, economic failure, etc. How does a drop go to a toon who's class isn't even in the lock group?

I also think that trades and Mail make the game more fun. There's a lot of old niche items that you can only get through trading. I'd never get a snowman head if I can't trade. Also you wouldn't be able to pass down items to help players who are just starting out or anything like that. So many parts of the game that make it fun would disappear. Honestly, OTM does say in trades that all trades are final people just need to be more careful with their items.
Kindredd Main Ranger level 224
Naharis Rogue 200
Clan Havoc

How to avoid being scammed-
1. Whenever someone trades you, look at the name carefully as well as the level.
-If it is a lvl 1 with the name of a higher lvl, reject the trade and block them.
-If it is someone you do not know trading you randomly, reject, then ask why they are trading you.
2. If someone is asking to borrow your gear and you do not know them, block them. If you do know them, consider carefully whether you absolutely trust them before loaning any items.
3. If someone asks for gold, do not give unless you are fully prepared never to see that gold again.
4. If anyone tells you they are doing a YouTube video and are making a segment on trust trades, then asks to borrow something valuable, refuse unless you do not want to see your items again. This is a known scam.
5. If you are buying or selling an item, always, always check the amount of gold and items traded before confirming the trade. Count the zeroes if you have to.
6. Do not dice.
7. Make sure that all server xfers you do are legit. Use a trusted middleman.

The trading and mail systems are great tools, you just need to exercise caution. To the op- Best of luck in avoiding any future scams.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”