Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If it's too good to be true...it is. Scam Protection

I am simply amazed by the number of people who get fleeced, as well as the increasing number of ways that it is happening.

Never been scammed myself. Know some people who have though, and the majority is through a false trust issue.

Had to laugh at the balls one chap had though... check this out:

He asked to borrow some discs. ... let me say that again.... He asked to BORROW some discs. :lol:

So on the off chance that some new players are unaware of how quests work, you hand in quest items, and they are exchanged for something (exp, money, items). There is no getting them back. You can't tie a sting to them, hand them in and then yank them back from the Wardens. So if someone tries this with you, tell them to flag off, and block them.

I'd like to think that no one would fall for such a simple ploy, but having read some of the many "I got scammed/hacked" posts, I thought I'd chime in.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

If your scammmed your energy regen, dissapointed by the chief, you wouldnt feel good. theres nothing to laugh about scamming.
You might feel stupid, but there are bad people in the world... I feel so mad at that scammer i want to murder him.
I dont like it that when people are scammed higher in value then i am i feel good.
i was scammed 55k worth of items actually. i bought the focus from bigheals for 30k. i agreed to sell him back.
now it affected both of us as he sold it and cant even get it back. he has 30k, but he wants it back.
money isnt a big problem to him. his alt has heroic boots of speed....
then one of my friends gave me a green star in which i sold for 20k to help me out.
so i was scammed 35k actually. then, comes the feelings that stun you for a few minutes or even an hour where you feel uncomfortable.
Thats where you think about how to kill the scammer. And schools starting up again: more pressure: and i cant keep the balance
of work between my classmates. they do nothing all day.
i made 55k recently and so i made 20k due to the scam.
Not playing celtic heroes anymore
Even though I quit, nobody is getting anything.

If your scammmed your energy regen, dissapointed by the chief, you wouldnt feel good. theres nothing to laugh about scamming.
You might feel stupid, but there are bad people in the world... I feel so mad at that scammer i want to murder him.
I dont like it that when people are scammed higher in value then i am i feel good.
i was scammed 55k worth of items actually. i bought the focus from bigheals for 30k. i agreed to sell him back.
now it affected both of us as he sold it and cant even get it back. he has 30k, but he wants it back.
money isnt a big problem to him. his alt has heroic boots of speed....
then one of my friends gave me a green star in which i sold for 20k to help me out.
so i was scammed 35k actually. then, comes the feelings that stun you for a few minutes or even an hour where you feel uncomfortable.
Thats where you think about how to kill the scammer. And schools starting up again: more pressure: and i cant keep the balance
of work between my classmates. they do nothing all day.
i made 55k recently and so i made 20k due to the scam.
Nothing you said here makes sense.

You Don't trade any items away without seeing the gold in the other trade box. If yer gonna sell something, only do it if you see the gold. You guys trade something away and then expect someone to log on and pay you back.... All trades are always final. FINAL. That means there are no multiple-transaction trades.

If you let someone "borrow" something, even yer chief, even yer friend, you need to be 100% ready to never see it again. All trades are final.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

wait a second, i thought its in a pm i sent to left4dead :shock: :? :?:
Tea, this dude Howard doesn't understand the points people make... You say for example you're becoming the highest level druid... He goes on about all the reasons you can't do it... He doesn't quite take in fact that it doesn't matter what difficulties stand in my way, he just tells me why I can't. But the only thing he does is try to prove how irritating he is. I feel sorry for the world that suffers from him.
Yes, I have made mistakes. Yes, I'm human.