Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Updated Stat Calculators!

Hey all!

I'm excited to announce that I have just added several stat calculators to the CHDB site! You can now calculate your Damage, Attack, Defence, Health, and Energy by inputting various stats. You can find the calculators at https://celticheroesdb.com/calculator.

These calculators wouldn't be possible without a lot of work done by many players over the years, so I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who put the time into originally coming up with, as well as updating the various formulas.

The formula for the Damage calculator was initially based off of the formula that Swan mentions in this post, which I then tweaked in order to make it more accurate at higher levels.
The other calculators were mostly built by talking with other experienced players about how to calculate the various stats, and how other abilities and stats factor into the calculation.

I do want to point out that these calculators will not be 100% accurate, as VR's formulas are kept secret. However, in all the testing that has been done, the calculators are usually within 5 points (higher or lower) of the actual in-game results. If you run into a situation where you are expecting a number that is quite a bit higher or lower than what is shown, and your stats are all accurate, please let me know so I can try and adjust the formula accordingly.

TIP: When calculating your stats, don't forget to include any auras that may be active (such as a gara set, or full edl, and so on), and make sure you don't have any skills active.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Updated Stat Calculators!

For those who think the formulas were acquired from nefarious methods, please note that with only a csv file containing data and some lines of code you can easily create a machine learning program to do multivariable regression to calculate the formulas.
The person was just trolling on every thread lol they were literally going to every single thread and saying "this wasn't how the game intended" so no worries, we all know Era is a (semi) stand-up dude

For those who think the formulas were acquired from nefarious methods, please note that with only a csv file containing data and some lines of code you can easily create a machine learning program to do multivariable regression to calculate the formulas.
The person was just trolling on every thread lol they were literally going to every single thread and saying "this wasn't how the game intended" so no worries, we all know Era is a (semi) stand-up dude
Do we though? :?

But Kitty is right, you don't have to "hack" anything (in the general sense of the word) to get a general idea of the formulas. For example. the formula for health and energy is literally 6.25 health/energy per vitality/focus point, all that takes to figure out is to go through and add one stat point at a time, keeping track of how much each adds. Energy also takes equipment weight into consideration, but still - with a bit of testing you can still find out how much of an impact it has without even leaving the game.

I also want to be sure to point out one very important thing, both to players and to VR. I am putting my time and effort into the CHDB site only to make it a (hopefully) helpful resource for the players. I'm not making any money off of the site, and don't plan to (which is why it is ad-free, I'm not going to try and make money off of someone else's content). All Celtic Heroes related content and materials belong solely to VR, I'm just making it available to players through a different system.
If at any point, VR decides that they want me to stop hosting the site, and/or stop pulling data from the app in future updates, all they need to do is ask me and I will stop. I won't like it, since I feel that the site can be/is a valuable resource, but I'll abide by their wishes - it's their content after all. The only reason the site is running in the first place is because I was initially given the okay by OTM back when I first started. I don't really know what VR's opinion is of the site, but I haven't been told anything that implies they disapprove of it.

I do have a few other site features in various stages of completion, as well as some more ideas floating around my head, so keep an eye out in the upcoming weeks!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Wow, that looks really great actually, I wonder how I haven't found this site before. That is actually a really useful feature for all the players, both the newbies and the experienced onse. I guess I am going to use it on a constant basis. I have been looking for such a calculator actually, however I could not find it. I have found various calculators and unit converters online, however this kind of stat calculator, was always missing from my radar. Would you still be looking to update it even more?
Last edited by Sondiana on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This is fantastic! Cant 't wait to give it a whirl
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)