Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A quick and easy way for VR to update the game

Sorry monopoly clan players, but updating for you will require more work on VR's part. But for the majority of players, all it would take was a small adjustment to edl bosses and 170 & 180. Make 4* drop 1 drop each spawn, 5* drop 2 drops, and make 6* drop at least 1 of the highest type lex possible for that boss. Make 170, 180, 210 and 215 only drop weapon drops. Increase their spawn rate just a little bit, and you've opened up a whole new half of the game for the majority of the player base.

It would still take a while to gear a whole clan, but getting gear necessary to advance through to bosses they've had no hope of winning up to this point becomes a possibility. For all of them it is, in effect, a huge huge game update that would keep them happily playing and forking over money for plat for years. As an aside, more competition would be a motivator for the monopoly clans as well, even without improving other issues that deserve attention. It's a win win for everyone. It causes no game imbalances 'cause OTM already buffed the frozen bosses below them and now there are 3 levels of gear above edl, and the code change would be quick to do. There isn't a good reason not to.

Re: A quick and easy way for VR to update the game

Sorry monopoly clan players, but updating for you will require more work on VR's part. But for the majority of players, all it would take was a small adjustment to edl bosses and 170 & 180. Make 4* drop 1 drop each spawn, 5* drop 2 drops, and make 6* drop at least 1 of the highest type lex possible for that boss. Make 170, 180, 210 and 215 only drop weapon drops. Increase their spawn rate just a little bit, and you've opened up a whole new half of the game for the majority of the player base.

It would still take a while to gear a whole clan, but getting gear necessary to advance through to bosses they've had no hope of winning up to this point becomes a possibility. For all of them it is, in effect, a huge huge game update that would keep them happily playing and forking over money for plat for years. As an aside, more competition would be a motivator for the monopoly clans as well, even without improving other issues that deserve attention. It's a win win for everyone. It causes no game imbalances 'cause OTM already buffed the frozen bosses below them and now there are 3 levels of gear above edl, and the code change would be quick to do. There isn't a good reason not to.
I wouldnt hold my breath. The playerbase has been asking for this for years

First time this was suggested I was against it because I thought it would make the game way to easy.. Now being that literally the only thing that matters and gets benefited towards (legitimately) is endgame be it blood thorn events or carrowmore carnage etc. I think it'd help keep people interested so they don't have to chase armour for months on end rather than moving onto chasing endgame gear.
But of course I doubt anything will be done, can't even get simple QoL changes like a new leystone.

Omg you people kill me. You still think the value of a digital nothing that you don't own and won't even have access to once the game is dead is more important than finding an easy solution that requires almost nothing on VR's part that would keep the game afloat. That very mindset that nothing can ever be done to make the game more playable or gear more easily acquired so more people will stay and play because it would somehow be a slight to the old players (who are leaving in droves anyway) is a huge part of why this game has been slowly dying for years.

I don’t think changing amount of drops coming from DL bosses will do much for the game development. This isn’t a secret but Dev Team is currently busy with the development of their second game Warhammer Odyssey.

No, they are not abandoning Celtic Heroes.. they are just focusing on expending which only means good for future of Celtic Heroes.

Yes, updates been slow for Celtic Heroes but y’all need to go back and look at things that happened since about the time they took over development of the game from OTM. They introduced cooking, spirit mounts, new types of pets (rain deers, etc) global areas, at one point they tested ALL SERVER boss in Arena, end game boss in Lirs that was nothing we ever seen before in Celtic Heroes.

VR took over Celtic Heroes at a weird time .. meaning they were developing New Game while having to maintain current game which is hard for smaller studio. Community Manager been literally doing his best with pushing out small events to keep everyone engaged until major update is available.

The game isn’t dying.. you need to stop with that. In every game people come and go and just because 10 players you remembering seeing isn’t here anymore don’t mean they won’t return or new members will join. I been playing on Epona since 2011 and it’s only been growing and new faces come on the regular. So many factors.. just relax

If VR plans to continue to develop and maintain CH then why isn't Celtic Heroes listed anywhere on their website as one of the company's games? The only mention of it at all is a blurb on the first page taking credit for the game being theirs in the context of describing themselves as a successful gaming company that has been around and had big success with CH. Then it goes on to present their new game WH. There is no other mention of CH anywhere on their site at all, not even on the page listing their games.

As for the update scheduled for a couple of months ago, that is the same update that was originally scheduled for August of 2019. Difinitus confirmed that in another post.

I still say that the best chance of getting improvements in the game is to think of and ask for small quick changes that would have a big impact on lots and lots of players.

If VR plans to continue to develop and maintain CH then why isn't Celtic Heroes listed anywhere on their website as one of the company's games? The only mention of it at all is a blurb on the first page taking credit for the game being theirs in the context of describing themselves as a successful gaming company that has been around and had big success with CH. Then it goes on to present their new game WH. There is no other mention of CH anywhere on their site at all, not even on the page listing their games.

As for the update scheduled for a couple of months ago, that is the same update that was originally scheduled for August of 2019. Difinitus confirmed that in another post.

I still say that the best chance of getting improvements in the game is to think of and ask for small quick changes that would have a big impact on lots and lots of players.
OTM was the original Developer of the Game.. Virtual Realms just recently took it over so that’s probably why they are not out there in terms of “WE MADE THIS GAME” because even though the Owner still the same the Dev Team isn’t. Some of us might even know more about Celtic Heroes culture and history then Dev Team members. I believe Virtual Realms is very much responsible for the development of the Celtic Heroes for Asian based market while One Thumb Mobile was responsible for original Celtic Heroes.

But as I previously said due to some events original Dev Team was let go as we all know and Virtual Realms took over the development. Virtual Realms most likely consists of 20-30 members if not less.. that probably includes Administrative staff and Support Team which don’t add to the making of the game but responsible for Tickets and such. I am saying this because there should be no “game is dying” “virtual realms forgot about Celtic Heroes” because those guys were probably already developing the new game before OTM was let go so now they tryna balance almost twice as much work and due to Covid their development was probably pushed back even farther.

Point is.. game isn’t dead or dying, it just put on pause in terms of development probably by Owners which are in charge of what’s happening behind the scenes in terms of development and who works on what.