Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Update

7 months and even this minor update can’t be reached on time. Makes me think you guys didn’t even start work on this update until your announcement at the end of June.
Man, I don't know much about game development, but after all these months, if none of the things they announced for July was ready, it's official: VR doesn't care about CH anymore. And an interesting thing to note is that what culminated in this "July update" was most likely the covid quarantine, no quarantine, no update in the near future
"Everything that is priced is cheap, only what money doesn't buy is really expensive, and whoever doesn't get it, will always be a miserable"

Not happening, without ch I start getting withdraw symptoms o.o
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Shoot I was willing to spend like $400 in this game for the new chests but dang it lol. The thing I don’t really agree with how late they decided to say the update wasn’t happening, kinda makes me fee like or I’m perdy certain when it was Celtics bday they literally had nothing planned which makes me sad :( idk if I should spend money at all because what if they just end it? They keeps saying it’ll go on for many years but where is the action backing it up? Just got a lot of questions and the reason I’m not too happy is because I love this game! And I don’t want it to end!

7 months and even this minor update can’t be reached on time. Makes me think you guys didn’t even start work on this update until your announcement at the end of June.
This is exactly right! I really don’t think people who play Celtic Heroes, play other games/MMOs. The update that they are talking about should have taken 2-3 months even if they had 2 3D artists and 2 programmers maybe working full time. The thing is, I highly doubt they all work full time on this game. I feel like the developers may have full time jobs that aren’t Celtic Heroes or something because this just is absolutely insane. I haven’t even seen indie games do this poorly with updates or take this long. Games are even made in between the time it takes Celtic Heroes to make just a small update. Even during the pandemic. So, not exactly sure what is taking them so long. I appreciate their status update, but literally when they are just going to keep Yule going year round because they cannot update the game, that’s a serious problem. They can say that the care about the future 10000 times, but they really aren’t showing that they do. I really hope people do research about update times before they conclude that Celtic Heroes is doing the best they can. Personally, I was going to spend $50 once the update comes out, but now I just think it isn’t worth it. Nonetheless, the developers will want negative posts to be deleted here to create an echo chamber of people who agree that they are doing a great job instead of allowing people to speak their mind who actually are concerned about the health of Celtic Heroes. Nonetheless, I don’t feel ripping on Difinitus is going to help as he doesn’t really have a big say so on what is going on. He is just reporting what the developers tell him to. Don’t be mad at him, be mad at the devs if you are going to be mad at all. I really hope the developers understand why people are so upset. Like yes we are upset since there was an empty promise made, but we are mostly upset since we pay money for a game that rarely updates. Even the biggest games make empty promises. That isn’t uncommon in the gaming industry as it is very difficult to estimate a release date. I am not so mad about that, but yes it is a bummer.
Wow that wall of text though :shock:
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

This is exactly right! I really don’t think people who play Celtic Heroes, play other games/MMOs. The update that they are talking about should have taken 2-3 months even if they had 2 3D artists and 2 programmers maybe working full time. The thing is, I highly doubt they all work full time on this game. I feel like the developers may have full time jobs that aren’t Celtic Heroes or something because this just is absolutely insane. I haven’t even seen indie games do this poorly with updates or take this long. Games are even made in between the time it takes Celtic Heroes to make just a small update. Even during the pandemic. So, not exactly sure what is taking them so long. I appreciate their status update, but literally when they are just going to keep Yule going year round because they cannot update the game, that’s a serious problem. They can say that the care about the future 10000 times, but they really aren’t showing that they do. I really hope people do research about update times before they conclude that Celtic Heroes is doing the best they can. Personally, I was going to spend $50 once the update comes out, but now I just think it isn’t worth it. Nonetheless, the developers will want negative posts to be deleted here to create an echo chamber of people who agree that they are doing a great job instead of allowing people to speak their mind who actually are concerned about the health of Celtic Heroes. Nonetheless, I don’t feel ripping on Difinitus is going to help as he doesn’t really have a big say so on what is going on. He is just reporting what the developers tell him to. Don’t be mad at him, be mad at the devs if you are going to be mad at all. I really hope the developers understand why people are so upset. Like yes we are upset since there was an empty promise made, but we are mostly upset since we pay money for a game that rarely updates. Even the biggest games make empty promises. That isn’t uncommon in the gaming industry as it is very difficult to estimate a release date. I am not so mad about that, but yes it is a bummer.
Wow that wall of text though :shock:
Haha yeah I am really concerned! Question: Did you get through it all? If you did, nice job! It isn’t my first wall of text. I have more! Lol you should see my CH review! It’s longer.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Vr should bring back the og samhain event even if it's lasts for just a week with all the og bosses so we can enjoy the good old days once again
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED

Shoot I was willing to spend like $400 in this game for the new chests but dang it lol. The thing I don’t really agree with how late they decided to say the update wasn’t happening, kinda makes me fee like or I’m perdy certain when it was Celtics bday they literally had nothing planned which makes me sad :( idk if I should spend money at all because what if they just end it? They keeps saying it’ll go on for many years but where is the action backing it up? Just got a lot of questions and the reason I’m not too happy is because I love this game! And I don’t want it to end!
There’s a difference between keeping a game running, and continuing to develop content for it. I sincerely doubt VR is going to just take CH completely offline anytime soon. However, whether they continue to develop content for it or not is up in the air at the moment. Their excuse at the moment is that they are behind on the release for their other game - but that won’t last forever. Eventually that other game will be fully released, and then the CH community will be able to find out for sure just how VR wants to handle the both of the games.

I personally am hoping that they will continue to develop content for both games simultaneously once the initial rush for WH:O’s launch is over, but there really isn’t any way to know for sure at the moment.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

If you check out the whole VR website you can better understand their priorities, CH's role in their future, etc. so there is less confusion here. If we make realistic suggestions with this info in mind maybe we could get something we asked for.