Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Discussing the difference between CH and other games.

Is this real? A celtic heroes guide advertises for a different game?

*demote*
He's not an OTM employee, guides are just marked as knowledgeable people who can help out with questions. That being said I'm surprised this post is still up because you are right, it is listing off competing games :lol:
I think there are some good ideas within the thread and we can always learn things from other products.

There are some parts of the thread I think are kind of off though, comparing Celtic Heroes a free to play MMO is not quite on the same scale as Destiny a console disk purchase + expansions made by a xA studio :lol:

Some good thoughts within the thread though.

(Moved over to Off Topic, may be a bit more suited there)

I started playing OaC2 about 2 months before you Bitey. Got 2 characters to the level cap and then quit.
  • The story there is what levels you up, as opposed to endless grinding here.
  • $99 allowed me to get 2 characters decked out in gear and to end game level, with enough gems left over for cosmetic items. Clearly this is not the case here.
  • Both games share the same lack of content at the end game, although with OaC2 there is still a lot of better gear you can choose to go for once you hit the level cap.
  • The chat system is absolutely horrid in OaC2. It was an actual pain to attempt speaking with people, and I don't think I found a single friend. I even ran into someone I knew from iOS and even then, our conversation stopped after "Hi" and "What are you doing here?". I think the chat system in CH is really it's best feature. It is what allows people to connect with others, and that is what keeps them playing when the content runs dry.
  • There isn't really much of an economy in OaC2. The auction house is filled with low level junk, and no trading took place.
  • EVERYTHING in OaC2 is bound on pickup. Why. God it was horrible.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

I started playing OaC2 about 2 months before you Bitey. Got 2 characters to the level cap and then quit.
  • The story there is what levels you up, as opposed to endless grinding here.
  • $99 allowed me to get 2 characters decked out in gear and to end game level, with enough gems left over for cosmetic items. Clearly this is not the case here.
  • Both games share the same lack of content at the end game, although with OaC2 there is still a lot of better gear you can choose to go for once you hit the level cap.
  • The chat system is absolutely horrid in OaC2. It was an actual pain to attempt speaking with people, and I don't think I found a single friend. I even ran into someone I knew from iOS and even then, our conversation stopped after "Hi" and "What are you doing here?". I think the chat system in CH is really it's best feature. It is what allows people to connect with others, and that is what keeps them playing when the content runs dry.
  • There isn't really much of an economy in OaC2. The auction house is filled with low level junk, and no trading took place.
  • EVERYTHING in OaC2 is bound on pickup. Why. God it was horrible.
Have you ever done the raids? Bosses?

Seriously, i am such a big fan of Dungeons, loved it how you form your own Group with your friends then run trough all bosses.
Every player gets their own loot, much better than getting 3/4 drops for 30/40/50 players...
The fights are so intense and its not like 'hack and slash'
Epona's #1 Tank (arrogant but true)
Dilvar (lvl 222) no Alts.
Chieftain of Anarchy since years.
Life is beautiful cause you are in it (looks in mirror)

Yes I think the dungeon design is nice. Auto group find was also a nice feature.
The combat system in OaC2 is way better than CH. You can actually move around and avoid enemy hits, and use skills strategically as opposed to just standing and tapping skills and pots until the thing dies.

The dream dungeons were also a nice way to allow you to get end game weapons solo, instead of having to go through the horrible horrible lag at world bosses. I left before they made it easier to upgrade and buy new heritage weapons, so I haven't got the highest one.

I found that there was no where near as many end game players who purchased gems. It really isn't necessary to use currency items to reach end game. It did kind of suck though doing dungeons as most of the time, I was the only one who would revive on the spot and everyone else would have to run back.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Thats what i liked about the dungeons on oac,
Every single player had to do a great job, no time for afking or being a little noob...

Lets be honest, the high lvl Ch players only do these stupid Raid bosses for 2 reasons...
1. just so the other clans can't get the boss
2. for the drops... (Which suck most of the time)

The bossfight itself is totally uninteresting....
And the camping is terrible, i don't know how some people can enjoy it to freaking camp all day for a stupid 5mins fight... Or they even miss it at the end..
Epona's #1 Tank (arrogant but true)
Dilvar (lvl 222) no Alts.
Chieftain of Anarchy since years.
Life is beautiful cause you are in it (looks in mirror)

I couldn't stand playing O&C mainly because it's just a poorly done mobile ripoff of WoW (which I played for many years).

I think in comparing games, you should stick within the same genre. I feel that CH is a much simpler version of games like WoW or LOTRO.

My biggest issue with this game is the insane amount of money I have spent while playing. If a subscription service were implemented like in WoW, I would have been able to subscribe for over 70 years with the amount of cash I have spent.

This game does promote great community, which is why I still play. That, and I feel I need to keep playing to justify the amount of money spent lmao.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

Celtic heroes vs world of Warcraft
Both MMORPGs

CH: freemium (have to pay to get anywhere)
WoW: monthly payments also payments per expansion.

CH: takes ages to lvl isn't practical unless you have hrs a day. At high lvls 180+ can't even see exp gain.
WoW: lvling is pretty quick up to lvl 50 then slows a bit but still waay faster progress and can see the exp being gained.

CH: all bosses are world bosses no grp dungeons raids or any zoned off area leaving players having to camp or lose time from their day to boss to get gear needed to advance.
WoW: mostly zoned off dungeons and raids could use more world bosses. (However it is nice being able to make progress without having to wait long hrs for bosses and short lock battles)

CH: Mount and luxury cost way to much and their are no cheaper options stuck having to get event or reg vendor lux and mounts only in chests or expensive at vendor.
WoW: can craft mounts find mounts bosses drop special mounts and some are just rewarded for achievements.

CH: can't change clan ranks or have clan titles.
WoW: can change names of guild ranks lvl guild have matching guild tabards and even guild mounts also guilds have lvls 1-15 and can earn guild rewards together.

CH: no crafting and gathering besides event hats.
WoW: many different professions to choose and progress in free time.

All and all both good games just think Celtic could make stuff cheaper or raise gold drops a good amount also making lvling faster could be a + imo.