Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Crafting

I know there has been a lot of discussion around the "major" problem in CH with drops. Whether it be lack of drops because of over crowding or different loot distribution systems either way somethings missing. Now crafting, I think, is something that we can all agree is long over due. I know the developers have mentioned their interest in adding a crafting system in the past but it has not been mentioned since so I figured I'd put some ideas forward for my own very simple system. This doesn't actually increase the amount of items in the game (by creating items through crafting), but rather makes any and all drops useful. The idea is this.

There would be certain crafting components (like cooking ingredients) that when applied to an item would allow the craftsman to change a certain attribute of the item. They could be obtainable through repeatable quests or random spawns (should be obtainable by a single player, the one who finds it.) Say a player finds an "orb of alteration" on the ground they would then be able to use it to alter the skill on a certain item, turning a grand ring of sharp shot into a grand ring of light heal for example. People shouldn't be able to craft items that don't exist like turning a Necral band of fire storm into a firebolt brace, but they could change it to ice shards. (There are some items that don't exist in game that I think are logical extensions to gear that could be allowed but those are more exceptions) So now all those druid calm rings could be crafted into bark rings or even the skill of a different class like QS. (This is an option, might not be the best idea but it would be a possibility with the system and VR could keep the crafting class restricted). A ring of ague could become a ring of burial with an orb of rebirth and you could change ability bonuses on items as well. Say from reflex, to warding, sword to spear or ice to fire magic. With certain items you should even be able to change secondary stats, like defense to attack, to health, to changing different types of damage.

It would be harder to craft higher level items obviously, with either requiring more "orbs" than lower level items, or just a
different type, ie: minor for lvl 0/1-50, lesser 51-100, greater 101-150, grand 151-200, royal 201-and up.

Finally you would be able to upgrade an items tier by using components from two items of the same tier. (Most of the numbers here are just examples VR should probably base them off drop rates so just the drop ratio of imperial to godly should be the amount of items you need to upgrade the tier.

There are two options for this, you could either disassemble both items and get a material component(s) from it get say 2 fangs of mordris (from dark spears) which you could use along with some orbs to make a shadow spear of something. Or you could simply combine the spears (instead of disassembling them and getting materials), have 50/50 chance for all stats and then have to use orbs to customize your shadow spear at the end.

You could have different materials from different types of drops, say fangs for spears, the "hide of mordris" for books, the scales for bracers and maybe claws for rings. Or if you wanted even more crafting freedom you could have all drops be made of the same material and you could craft any item from the materials of any drop as long as its from the same boss.

VR would have to adjust how many materials it would take based on the current drop rates so as not to be adding more drops to the game. Basically if the drops were "perfect" as in not random so for every set number of royal drops you got x amount imperial and y amount godly every time a godly drops you should have gotten enough royals to craft one.

If you could use any drops from a certain boss to craft any item from that boss you could for example get 4 fangs of Mordris from 4 different rings to make 1 spear, since VR knows the drop rates it should be relatively easy to adjust accordingly. If a void spear is 100 times less likely to drop then a mighty ring then you would have to disassemble 100 rings and use those materials to craft the
spear.

All drops in a game like this are supposed to useful in the first place, but some of them unfortunately just aren't. Either because the skills aren't useful, or the particular stat combo, like str and foc. This would make all drops useful to everyone as you could always modify certain traits to what you want, but it wouldn't actually be adding any drops to the game. Like I said, for ultimate customization, you could craft any item with the parts of any drop from that boss. One more example, say a Necral brace drops once for every three Necral rings, you could use three "bones of the necromancer" from disassembling the rings to create a single Necral brace.

And since you'd be able to upgrade the items tier by using two of the same items (or however many is consistent with drop rates, could be five to one). With 6 bones you might make an imperial Necral brace. All VR would have to do is to use the drop rates to make the material ratio's for all the drops. (I know I've repeated that a lot just wanted to be clear so people don't tell me your adding drops to the game). Then if their bosses have consistent rates just copy paste. Since it might be long to do that for every drop in the game VR could start with even just aggy, hrung, necro, and mord drops before moving on to eg bosses and eventually legacy bosses and then other items in the game.

For ultimate freedom players could in fact create new items or at least items that it would make sense but don't exist, like a necral vit, foc, fire magic ring.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. I'm glad to add in some suggestions.

Re: Crafting

Soon we’re going to be able to craft perfected sheathes that add 192 pierce damage :lol:
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Anybody have some thoughts? Would you prefer ultimate crafting freedom, limited to crafting drops that stay in the same class or restricting it way down.

Personally I dont even think that many people would use the tier upgrading feature considering you would need two drops and the next tier is not worth double. Usually its just like a 20% increase in stats and unless people got lots of gold to burn it would be more efficient to get two of the same or similar drop equipped than to upgrade tier.

I've always enjoyed crafting in games but this isn't crafting, it's more like upgrading. The game could use that to. If otm mentioned crafting a while back but chose not to put it in the game there must be a good reason for that, wonder what it is

Crafting would be a neat feature. All it should require is for players to gather materials like ordinary mobs drops. Ruined hide scraps, cloth scraps, broken Connacht chain mail, energy matrix’s, armour plating, bonding torcs, etc... and once you gather enough materials you put them together to craft armor, weapons and jewelry. The higher tiered the item is (example: lustrous boggan medallion), the more powerful the item will be. You’d be able to fuse together things like bolg powder or energy matrix’s found in the tower to provide different enchantments. You’d also be able to craft quivers with materials plus arrows from the tower and gardens.

I highly doubt we’ll ever get crafting, it’s been almost 9 years lol. But if we were somehow lucky enough to get it I would want it to be that way.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

My system is more of an fusing/ upgrading system. For sure CH could use a full fledged crafting system but I don't think that's something the developers are up for, to implement crafting from scratch. It's a big job with uncertain effects on the game. That's why I would suggest more of an upgrading/customization system as the drop tiers and types are already made it's just the gimmick of making a system to transfer between them. I Do think it would alleviate some of the unending camping to get the drop you want.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the "crafting" or "enhancement" ability. Since there would be much less gear to enhance I think it would be ridiculous to make an ability lvl 1-220, but if we had more the CG tier system it could work well. Tier 1 ability to "enhance" items from 1-50, tier 2 51-100, and so on up to 5 I guess.

My system is more of an fusing/ upgrading system. For sure CH could use a full fledged crafting system but I don't think that's something the developers are up for, to implement crafting from scratch. It's a big job with uncertain effects on the game. That's why I would suggest more of an upgrading/customization system as the drop tiers and types are already made it's just the gimmick of making a system to transfer between them. I Do think it would alleviate some of the unending camping to get the drop you want.

Another thing I forgot to mention is the "crafting" or "enhancement" ability. Since there would be much less gear to enhance I think it would be ridiculous to make an ability lvl 1-220, but if we had more the CG tier system it could work well. Tier 1 ability to "enhance" items from 1-50, tier 2 51-100, and so on up to 5 I guess.
I'd defo go for an upgrading system over a rng system for this game. With how gear is obtained and how many characters are needed to kill that one boss having 3 or 4 random drops is silly and I'd think a lot of people would agree, the proof is in the post and there's a lot of posts about drop rates

I'd defo go for an upgrading system over a rng system for this game. With how gear is obtained and how many characters are needed to kill that one boss having 3 or 4 random drops is silly and I'd think a lot of people would agree, the proof is in the post and there's a lot of posts about drop rates
A good crafting system involves farming basic items found through the game. Back when OaC was in its prime I had a lot fun farming basic crafting materials as a low level and then selling them to higher levels for good money.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Whatever the system is, I don’t want it to be percentage based (I’d be ok with like exquisite/perfected like food, but no 1% chance for legendary, 4% chance for epic, 25% chance for rare, and 70% chance normal).
Scrapping/merging items might work out good, and the upgrading stuff like on Dhino wouldn’t be bad either.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

A good crafting system involves farming basic items found through the game. Back when OaC was in its prime I had a lot fun farming basic crafting materials as a low level and then selling them to higher levels for good money.
I think we all agree that a full out crafting system would be good for the game, but like I said the developers likely wouldn't be up for the task. (I dont actually know maybe they've been working on crafting since the last update lol and are trying to implement it as soon as possible but making sure its ready first. It's just not the impression I get.)

We know what you mean by crafting, using materials you can either "harvest" from the world somehow or get from regular mob drops and using them to craft items from scratch.

Just to clarify the "enhancing" mechanic I suggested would change anything about how loot drops. It would still have the same odds and the same things drop just players who have trained their ability to the appropriate tier would have the ability to modify the gear, and trade it of course.

I specifically avoided the combining equipment for a chance at rare, epic or legendary what ever the next tier is cause I personally hate it. I know with it comes scrolls for 100% chance to succeed your merge or at least not have it be destroyed that happen to be premium items.