Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#113
Those who wants to have competition and earn their drops thru hard work, go Dom servers plenty to choose from.
Those doesn’t , don’t go Epona, go somewhere else, server is already full and laggy.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#114
Awesomenana wrote:Zkills, how can you say “ A 100% open world game needs 100% freedom in order to be successful and grow” then ask the developers to restrict the way we choose to play by forcing us all to adopt the methods you??

How can you say “it’s not about preferences” but my preference is what’s best for the game, when no one can guarantee the success of your plan?? (If I missed you citing another game that follows the mechanic you want implemented with successful results please quote yourself)

You talk about competition being what’s hurting this game, but the lack of competition is causing many of my clan mates to go inactive. Competing is the reason why many of us play this game!! It’s not rocket science. It is a part of so many people’s lives. Why do you think sports are such a big deal on a global scale?? Humans love competing in the real world. That’s why competition and dom clans exist in this game.

Then there is hard work. Have you heard of that? It’s something you do to achieve what you want in life. It’s why senior members at a workplace tend to make more money than new members. I have heard of many people leaving Epona because they are sick of people who have barely played on the server compared to them getting the best drops that become available. Dkp systems allow players who have contributed more than others to win better rewards. A concept that is synonymous with the REAL WORLD. How would you feel in ten years if you were let’s say, an accomplished game designer, with a chance to design a brand new game, but your company decides to roll a rice and give that opportunity to someone far less experienced and less accomplished than you are?? That doesn’t happen in the real world man. This parallel to the real world is a big part of what makes this game successful.

The freedom we have been given in this game by the devs enables us to choose the way we want to play, either it be free or dom servers. It’s clear from these last 11 pages that people disagree with you, and that simple choice should mean that the way we play this game should not be restricted, either free or dom.


I’m not the only person who feels the same way in regards to the above points I have mentioned. Please respect the values of the community and stop asking for VR to further restrict how we play this game.

*sigh*

No it’s not restricting the players as you say. Like I said, you can still run a dkp clan under a free server if you’d like. Players can join whatever clan they want without any penalty, and the players will be able to do whatever they want with the drops they win. It’s giving more freedom, not taking away freedom. Only thing that gets taken away is the players abilities to assert dominance over others and set rules that restrict players, whether if it’s dominance or Epona’s server rules. Think of it as anti corruption measures that prevent players from abusing their power over others to further benefit themselves, which is basically the foundation of dominance. I don’t expect for many here to agree with it because many here are also apart of that dominance and benefit from it. I just want my points to get across to VR in hopes they’ll understand better, because trying to get the gears turning in your guy’s heads seems to be impossible.

I don’t have a preference over dom or free servers. I like to play where the best/most fun people are. I’m playing on both a dom server and a free server at the same time, and I have no bias towards one or the other as both have their strengths and weaknesses. That being said, and having an unbiased viewpoint from the perspectives of both sides, it has become evident to me that free servers will see the most success in this game. Why? Well I’ve stated all of the facts already throughout the thread. Still yet to hear why dominance is the better choice and why dominance will find the most success in this game other than “preference”, because simple preference had already been proven to be not a good argument. Refer to my Big Mac analogy.

Yes I talk as if competition is hurting this game because it is. Ever wonder why competition is almost nonexistent on some servers, supposedly making players bored? Because the competition constantly gets weeded out by dominance, people just simply give up after a while and move on. Competition causes clans to fail, and when clans fail many people end up quitting the game. Then again, if dom servers rely on competition to keep their players interested, then there is a serious problem with their system. Epona doesn’t require any of that and even with a normal population they would still see more active players than any other dom server. Competition exists because of greed. You compete to prevent the opposing clan from gaining power to challenge the dom clan. So you hoard all of the bosses and good loot. Greed is also apart of human nature, and without something in place to stop that greed/corruption (think of checks and balances in the US government. No where near the same thing but similar in concept) things start to get bad real fast. In this games current state, there is nothing to stop that greed which is why I proposed this new loot distribution idea.

Enough with this “hard work” nonsense. Celtic Heroes is a video game, not a job you have to work if you want a decent life and good retirement. People play video games to relax and have fun. All dominance, dkp and competition does is just the opposite of that. People have literally become addicted to dkp and get so fueled by competition that it turns the environment of a server toxic. Dkp allows for those with all the time in the world to pull ahead while everyone else gets left in the dust. Don’t forget that this is also a mobile game which is a completely different market than the consoles or PC markets. People who play mobile games often don’t have the time needed to earn gear in a dkp system, and that turns more people away. It’s not a good system for this type of game.

The carelessness of the devs which has allowed for players to run rampant with their game has been the worst design choice they’ve done. Of course players are going in incorporate greed and corruption when the power is in their hands. Of course that’s going to turn countless potential players away from this game. There’s a reason why many other successful games would not allow for the things that have taken place here to happen in their game. Like I said, I honestly don’t expect for you people to agree with this, because greed is an addiction. Once you’re addicted it’s hard to separate yourself from it. I know, I’ve been down that route before as well but was eventually able to break free once everything started to click.

It’s hard to respect values when you know they’re wrong, and you have evidence to back it up. I stand for what will make this game successful and give this game a more bright future, because as of right now that future isn’t looking so bright. It’s already be stated that VR is no longer prioritizing this game for years to come, and with the stunned growth and staleness of this game in its current condition, downfall is very much likely in the near future if changes are not made as soon as possible.

Before I thought this game would have a bright future regardless, and I would pass off this whole situation with warhammer like it was nothing. But after I learned that VR will be prioritizing warhammer for years to come, instead of just during the initial launch of the game, it became clear that things were more serious than I had originally thought.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#115
Gabee wrote:Those who wants to have competition and earn their drops thru hard work, go Dom servers plenty to choose from.
Those doesn’t , don’t go Epona, go somewhere else, server is already full and laggy.

Finally someone with a productive reply. U deserve a medal. :!:

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#116
Bitey wrote:
Froze wrote:There’s like 11 pages here and I haven’t read any of it but I’m pretty sure I’m not missing anything important lol

Free server best!
No Dom server best!
Free server best!
Dom server!
Free server!
Duck season!
Rabbit season!
Image

Thx Bitey, I legit lmao at this LOL

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#118
Bitey wrote:There are “free” servers, and there are “dom” servers. But you can’t have Freedom without both Free and Dom.


Image


It's true though, you can't be free of something if that something doesn't exist.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#119
Bitey wrote:There are “free” servers, and there are “dom” servers. But you can’t have Freedom without both Free and Dom.

Yeah, that dominance should be VRs since it’s their game lol. The literal definition of dominance is power and influence over others, put that power in the hands of the players and you present yourself with one massive s**t show that outsiders would rather not be apart of lmao.

In all honesty, if VR decides to never fix this game (still waiting for that QoL update that I think was supposed to be released last year lol), I just hope they can avoid all of the mistakes made in this game for Warhammer: Odyssey. The game does sound interesting, especially since they’re using what they learned from CH to hopefully improve the over all experience for all players. Excited for beta ._.

No servers being ruled by a single clan/guild (options/variety is good), no reliance on “elixir” type items to play the game, no reliance on premium items period, no massive annoying grind that nobody wants to do for core features such as leveling, keep the level cap low... 50 is good, 220 levels is *** insanity, and encourage a free market so solo players can have a shot at stuff. There seems to be a lot of people who prefer to play alone in mobile games. Oh yeah, and don’t make like 20 servers lmao
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Lets make Epona 2

#120
Over on the Warhammer forums the question was asked, “what loot based systems do you want to use?” And then gave the options of rolls, voting, or dkp. Every single player (apart from like 2) said rolling because the other options allow for both greed and players telling others what the need to do for gear. They want it random and they feel rolls are the most fair (because it is), with one even suggestion to give everyone their own individual loot like in ESO or Guild Wars 2, which is pretty similar to my loot distribution idea.

So you see, I know what this game needs to be successful and what needs to happen to attract more players to Celtic Heroes. This game has gone down the wrong direction with dominance and I’m sure a lot of outsiders who are looking in on this game would agree.

https://forum.warhammerodyssey.com/t/what-loot-based-system-do-you-want-to-use/147

Can already tell the Warhammer community will be my type of community, where people actually know what they’re doing lmao.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests