Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

CH future?

I'm pretty new and really enjoy the game but as I read many of your posts here, I am scared to spend money because many of you make it sound like this game is pretty much over. As veterans you should be promoting instead of tearing it down. I would love to buy chests, but is there a point? Where is the game headed?

Re: CH future?

I'm pretty new and really enjoy the game but as I read many of your posts here, I am scared to spend money because many of you make it sound like this game is pretty much over. As veterans you should be promoting instead of tearing it down. I would love to buy chests, but is there a point? Where is the game headed?
Not so much over, i consider this the best mmo rpg in play store (if u know one better show me cause i want to play), the only thing i would recommend is dont spending so much money, cause it seems they are creating a "new celtic heroes" called warhammer odissey. So i dont think for hm time this game will keep like its now, and i dont know if this warhammer going to be much more better than this game.

It would be easier to tell you if we knew. VR is currently working on another "HUGE IP" and has set Celtic Heroes development aside for now. There is apparently a dedicated team still working on CH but it could be a team of 2 guys running support tickets and community management - we don't know.

What we do know is that CH has been stale for a while now. One new boss was introduced in summer of last year, but the last sizeable content update was in 2017 or 2018, I cant quite remember. There is currently no talk of any future content or expansions.

Personally, I would not spend money on CH right now - not until VR is able to confirm development is actively taking place to introduce new and refreshing content to the game.

One thing that is certain, however, is that we'll be getting new lootboxes every few months! How exciting.

Thank you guys for your honesty. It is most certainly the best on the mobile market, I've tried them all. I will hold off on spending atm. But I must ask, how much of the 'Stale' is the fault of veterans.
I've tried many servers as a new player and some are downright awful to new players, no one will even answer quest questions. Like some players are to self important to offer any assistance.

It would be easier to tell you if we knew. VR is currently working on another "HUGE IP" and has set Celtic Heroes development aside for now. There is apparently a dedicated team still working on CH but it could be a team of 2 guys running support tickets and community management - we don't know.

What we do know is that CH has been stale for a while now. One new boss was introduced in summer of last year, but the last sizeable content update was in 2017 or 2018, I cant quite remember. There is currently no talk of any future content or expansions.

Personally, I would not spend money on CH right now - not until VR is able to confirm development is actively taking place to introduce new and refreshing content to the game.

One thing that is certain, however, is that we'll be getting new lootboxes every few months! How exciting.
This is a pretty accurate summary.

VR hasn't really shared much info with the CH playerbase, so most of the negativity you are seeing is just assumptions and guesses that players are making based on what they know (which isn't necessarily accurate). There was talk of a quality of life update last year, but there was never any information about what it would include, and that seems to have been pushed aside (at least for the moment.

At the moment, I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens with VR's other game - Warhammer: Odyssey (another mobile MMORPG). It is supposed to launch in early 2020, which is flying by rather quickly. It is possible that once WH:O is fully out, VR will be able to dedicate more time to CH development. On the other hand, it's entirely possible that WH:O will have a strong launch, and VR will want to dedicate most of their dev time to that...no one really knows.

Thank you guys for your honesty. It is most certainly the best on the mobile market, I've tried them all. I will hold off on spending atm. But I must ask, how much of the 'Stale' is the fault of veterans.
I've tried many servers as a new player and some are downright awful to new players, no one will even answer quest questions. Like some players are to self important to offer any assistance.
Unfortunately, some people are like that - though I've noticed there are always people like that in most online games I've played. Not everyone is like that, but especially due to the separation of higher and lower gameplay, a lot of the nicer players I know tend to be busy bossing, camping, or leveling - not hanging around in the castle killing time (who are the main higher level players that new people run into).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Most player do not associate with low levels because they end up asking for free items. I don't have any issue with someone asking for support but when you ask a random person you don't know out the blue without getting to know them for a while for free stuff, it rubs people the wrong way. It can also start getting burdensome because we still need to get things done ourselves and we don't have all the time in the world. If we say yes to everyone, it just wouldn't be practical.

I have a thing where if someone says Hi and I am currently trying to concentrate on a boss that needs my complete attention, I forget they talked to me when I become available. Some are AFK so when you ask they aren't even there. Lots of the time, if you see us in Lirs its Dino and theres so much spam from the boss, we deffs won't see it.

Partially for me, I am introverted and talking to new people just completely exhausts me and makes me wanna log off.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

Well the game has lasted 9 years I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon regardless of how many doom and gloom posts you read... all those negative people still log in everyday.. some people only exist to complain whine and cry.. don’t worry about it buy your plat ch isn’t going nowhere.. cheers :)

I see a lot of misinformation, things taken out of context, and fear-mongering. I am going to make a couple points before locking this thread.

We are dedicated to supporting Celtic Heroes for a very long time, and the game has never changed ownership.

Over the past year or so, we have made significant improvements to the network code (lag fixes, global zones, performance improvements). game engine (the Unity Update), and introduced new content and gameplay mechanics. If we had packaged all of this into a single release, it would have been an expansion-level update. All of this happened while developing Warhammer: Odyssey.

Although these updates are not as visible as a new zone, level cap increase, and new quests - it is the foundation for us to be able to do more.

Thank you for your continued feedback, both good and bad. Although we are unable to respond to every thread on the Forums, we read everything and are constantly reviewing the comments and concerns to make Celtic Heroes the best MMORPG for mobile devices.

- The Celtic Heroes Team