Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cattacomb Charm Fashion

I think it's safe to say that 95% of players would rather see new content than old content come back - regardless of whether it's the exact same item with a new name or old content that got reskinned.

I still hold out hope that VR will eventually be able to do that once Warhammer: Odyssey is less of a priority, but that could be a while yet...and in the meantime, I think bringing back old stuff (while a good idea because it's easy for VR, and makes some players happy) is only making things worse for all the players...partly because players start to lose hope in what VR can actually do. I've seen the trailers/art for Odyssey, it looks pretty good from a graphics/models standpoint, even in Alpha. If VR could put a little effort into designing a few new models/textures for CH, players would be a lot happier than if they kept getting reused models/textures.

Yes, some players were unhappy with the Oni fashion. Perhaps that contributed towards VR's decision to reuse rather than create anew - I'm not sure. All I can say is that I for one would rather see a new set of fashion (that I personally think looks bad), than have old fashion that has been in the game for years.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think it's safe to say that 95% of players would rather see new content than old content come back - regardless of whether it's the exact same item with a new name or old content that got reskinned.

I still hold out hope that VR will eventually be able to do that once Warhammer: Odyssey is less of a priority, but that could be a while yet...and in the meantime, I think bringing back old stuff (while a good idea because it's easy for VR, and makes some players happy) is only making things worse for all the players...partly because players start to lose hope in what VR can actually do. I've seen the trailers/art for Odyssey, it looks pretty good from a graphics/models standpoint, even in Alpha. If VR could put a little effort into designing a few new models/textures for CH, players would be a lot happier than if they kept getting reused models/textures.

Yes, some players were unhappy with the Oni fashion. Perhaps that contributed towards VR's decision to reuse rather than create anew - I'm not sure. All I can say is that I for one would rather see a new set of fashion (that I personally think looks bad), than have old fashion that has been in the game for years.
Because those things already existed in the game, how hard do u think it would be to add them in while designing something new? Would it really take that much more time if any, I mean code's and whatnot must still be there

honestly I find fixing the fash issues very easy... This is a summary of an argument I made when fashion tokens first came out, updated for where we currently are

1) Bring back fashion and charm tokens as main fash delivery device
2) Make fashion and charms in shop cycle out. Ideally I would say a fash should last 3 months max in the shops before going poof
3) Once fash leaves the shops it becomes *aeon*
4) Mix the new aeon with the old aeon stuff. Keep it rare though... no more of these random fashion events with chests like what we saw for yule or samhain
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Some things are better left untouched, especially cosmetic shop items. The charms weren’t really that special back in the day because they were so readily available, just at a high price at the time. I never bothered with buying them because they were nothing special, but ever since otm removed them they gained rarity which now makes them special. Same thing with things like golden shrinks/growths. If VR were to bring them back they’ll be just as lame as they were back in the day (apart from the skele king charm, that has always been badass... 100k was a lot back in the day though lol).
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I'm with eragons first statement, let's see the world burn lol. It'd be funny to see those people that like to overprice items get all worked up. But not in chests my guy, I'm tired of seeing those chests

Tried to speak VR's language for it to happen. ching ching
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo