Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: It’s exam season!

Grats! That’s way better than I would ever do :lol:
You can do just as well :) Perseverance is key... I’m probably just as good at math as you are. Most I can do consistently is “here’s a problem, find X” :lol:
Haha, those are fun... for the most part. You’re probably right, though. I just find it harder to have the perseverance to solve problems with logarithms and all that jazz (facepalm).
Yeah it’s almost like a puzzle to be solved or a maze to navigate through, “here’s X within the problem, now how do I get it all by itself or find out if there are multiple values for X?”. It’s the only part of math I enjoy apart from maybe matrices, that was fun to learn too lol.

I’ve always found it hard as well. Just gotta treat it like your future depends on it (because it kinda does :lol: ) and then just go at it with everything you got.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

You can do just as well :) Perseverance is key... I’m probably just as good at math as you are. Most I can do consistently is “here’s a problem, find X” :lol:
Haha, those are fun... for the most part. You’re probably right, though. I just find it harder to have the perseverance to solve problems with logarithms and all that jazz (facepalm).
Yeah it’s almost like a puzzle to be solved or a maze to navigate through, “here’s X within the problem, now how do I get it all by itself or find out if there are multiple values for X?”. It’s the only part of math I enjoy apart from maybe matrices, that was fun to learn too lol.

I’ve always found it hard as well. Just gotta treat it like your future depends on it (because it kinda does :lol: ) and then just go at it with everything you got.
Dang matrices were hard to get the hang of! After a while though it ended up being pretty fun. I like most graphing problems, too. My favorite is the equation y=mx+b.

I fail to see how I can apply logarithms to my book-writing and artwork (Im in no way a math wiz) but I’m doing the best I can to keep up that mindset haha. Teacher always told me math makes you think, and I do see relations with the logic class I took a couple years ago. Really interesting—you can’t have math without logic!
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Dang matrices were hard to get the hang of! After a while though it ended up being pretty fun. I like most graphing problems, too. My favorite is the equation y=mx+b.

I fail to see how I can apply logarithms to my book-writing and artwork (Im in no way a math wiz) but I’m doing the best I can to keep up that mindset haha. Teacher always told me math makes you think, and I do see relations with the logic class I took a couple years ago. Really interesting—you can’t have math without logic!
I understand the importance of math, but once you already know where your talents reside I don’t see why we’re forced to learn it lol. Like most business majors require math up to calculus for whatever reason... I’ve literally spoken to executive officers before about it, “have you ever used calculus in your life?” and they all answer along the lines “not once outside of college, you don’t need it”. One of em was a chief financial Officer which is almost as “mathy” as business can get :lol: Same answers even for earlier math classes before calculus.

It can be one of two things... it’s just like you said, math makes you think and makes you an overall better thinker, or it’s just modern education trying to suck your wallet dry by forcing you to take overpriced classes that you really do not need lmao. I think it’s the latter considering it seems like 95% of people simply forget everything they’ve learned in classes they don’t need the moment they’re done with it, and going off of the fact that executive officers, extremely smart people, have said that it’s pointless.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

I understand the importance of math, but once you already know where your talents reside I don’t see why we’re forced to learn it lol. Like most business majors require math up to calculus for whatever reason... I’ve literally spoken to executive officers before about it, “have you ever used calculus in your life?” and they all answer along the lines “not once outside of college, you don’t need it”. One of em was a chief financial Officer which is almost as “mathy” as business can get :lol: Same answers even for earlier math classes before calculus.

It can be one of two things... it’s just like you said, math makes you think and makes you an overall better thinker, or it’s just modern education trying to suck your wallet dry by forcing you to take overpriced classes that you really do not need lmao. I think it’s the latter considering it seems like 95% of people simply forget everything they’ve learned in classes they don’t need the moment they’re done with it, and going off of the fact that executive officers, extremely smart people, have said that it’s pointless.
Yeh some maths is important but when you get made to learn about detrahedrons and how ti do sin and all that its just pointless.
Please, if interested or needing a valuation on any item, just pm me or join band and search for me. We also post on the most up to date forum posts.

Yeh some maths is important but when you get made to learn about detrahedrons and how ti do sin and all that its just pointless.

Agreed. So I just try to find certain areas of math that I enjoy and make the most out of it lol.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Never even touched that tetrahedron stuff. I lost it when we got into ellipses, hyperbolas, all the trigonometric functions and their inverses, polar coordinates, etc...