Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hellsteed

Have essences been removed from chests, or will they remain until the current Samhain chests are swapped out for Yule chests? Anyone have the official answer?
Mostly will be removed at the start of Yule event, but no they have not been removed yet.
Last edited by Raburto on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lugh - Pegasus

Raburto - 230 nab fire mage
Rab Rogue - 221 dodo rogue

Ok. Was just checking cause Difinitus mentioned before double plat that they were departing soon. I remember the OTM definition of soon, but am not completely sure of the VR definition. Lol. Thanks for the responses.

This may have been asked before (sorry, if so), but will essences ever make a reappearance (with either witchbane chests returning or being added to a future chest)?
I have some mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, I feel it would be a bit unfair to make it a one-time-only thing as it is a bit more than a cosmetic item, but on the other hand, if it returned it would devalue the rareness and swag of existing ones being a bit unfair to those who thought it would be a one-time-only thing and invested accordingly.
Perhaps if it does return, it would be called Aeon Hellsteed. But then, what about if you had an OG hellsteed and used an Aeon essence to upgrade it? Would it be OG or Aeon?
If it's 5/6 OG hellsteed, would it still be called Aeon? what about a level 3? (maxed would be 3/3 OG/Aeon), what about a level 1? (5/6 Aeon)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts too.
(please no dev bashing tho, we've been there, done that on this enough; suffice to say clarity on the above issue would've been nice and update preferences for the future, civil discussion please.)

Edit:

lol, found an answer, but still would be interested in discussion.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

This may have been asked before (sorry, if so), but will essences ever make a reappearance (with either witchbane chests returning or being added to a future chest)?
I have some mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, I feel it would be a bit unfair to make it a one-time-only thing as it is a bit more than a cosmetic item, but on the other hand, if it returned it would devalue the rareness and swag of existing ones being a bit unfair to those who thought it would be a one-time-only thing and invested accordingly.
Perhaps if it does return, it would be called Aeon Hellsteed. But then, what about if you had an OG hellsteed and used an Aeon essence to upgrade it? Would it be OG or Aeon?
If it's 5/6 OG hellsteed, would it still be called Aeon? what about a level 3? (maxed would be 3/3 OG/Aeon), what about a level 1? (5/6 Aeon)

(please no dev bashing tho, we've been there, done that on this enough; suffice to say clarity on the above issue would've been nice and update preferences for the future, civil discussion please.)

Edit:

Nope. Am quite sure it will be a different seasonal mount every time. Think I read that somewhere here

Edit:

Nope. Am quite sure it will be a different seasonal mount every time. Think I read that somewhere here
It's hard for VR to be sure what will happen in a year's time. They kinda have to be vague, otherwise people will be bringing it up again next year if what actually happens is at all different (for any reason).

In regards to the hellsteed mounts themselves - my personal guess is that they won't come back again next year - the dragons didn't come back a year after they were released (though that doesn't mean they will never come back).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I searched around a bit, but didn't find much, but yeah, I doubt they'll have a definitive (or even difinitive) answer as of yet.
It's hard for VR to be sure what will happen in a year's time. They kinda have to be vague, otherwise people will be bringing it up again next year if what actually happens is at all different (for any reason).

In regards to the hellsteed mounts themselves - my personal guess is that they won't come back again next year - the dragons didn't come back a year after they were released (though that doesn't mean they will never come back).
Probably true on the reasoning. Unfortunate catch 22 where if they don't provide info people complain and if they do provide info it turns into a contract that is irrevocable lol.

...and did dragons ever leave? As far as I'm aware, all premium pets (for pet slot, not the novelty ones: dragon, phoenix, seedling) that have ever been available in live gameplay have been possible drops in every set of chests since their introduction. Or am I missing something or getting confused? (very likely lol).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com