Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Gameplay experiment

VR should make a new server, but disable all platinum purchases and bounty shop consumables. I wanna see just how much this game revolves around plat items and I want to see how far players can go before things become too much. I know players will want to partake as it would offer a completely new experience that replicates the old days when this game was bare bones, only now there is a lot more content to work with. So getting people to participate won’t be a problem.

I also want to see how drastically combat/boss strategies change with no plat items available. See which skills rise to the level of usefulness and which ones dip back down a bit, along with classes/builds.

I ultimately want to know what this game could have been without the huge reliance on plat items and if the game is actually more fun without plat items.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Gameplay experiment

Nah, too much work for VR when there's so much other stuff that they could be implementing into game(and they still don't)

If you don't want to use plat items, don't. Easy.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Nah, too much work for VR when there's so much other stuff that they could be implementing into game(and they still don't)

If you don't want to use plat items, don't. Easy.
It’s just plopping in another server and disabling what I mentioned lol. Then all they have to do is sit back and watch how things play out. I want to see how a full community of players adapt to the change and how gameplay would change, the purpose of a gameplay experiment.

For players it could be like a side hobby to do when their normal servers are being boring (which is a lot of the time lol).

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

VR should make a new server, but disable all platinum purchases and bounty shop consumables. I wanna see just how much this game revolves around plat items and I want to see how far players can go before things become too much. I know players will want to partake as it would offer a completely new experience that replicates the old days when this game was bare bones, only now there is a lot more content to work with. So getting people to participate won’t be a problem.

I also want to see how drastically combat/boss strategies change with no plat items available. See which skills rise to the level of usefulness and which ones dip back down a bit, along with classes/builds.

I ultimately want to know what this game could have been without the huge reliance on plat items and if the game is actually more fun without plat items.
Started this game several times on new worlds without transfers and let me tell u starting over with nothing is actually more fun than having those lux and plat items, up until around lvl 80 then the grind gets real. Also waiting around for regeneration is awful with the more hp and MP. If I had to farm gold for my gear when I first started there's no way I would of stayed though, it was around a mil for the essentials, hero armmy, hero gloves/boots and a golden blade. I gave in and bought the plat, even bought the gold from the store lol

Started this game several times on new worlds without transfers and let me tell u starting over with nothing is actually more fun than having those lux and plat items, up until around lvl 80 then the grind gets real. Also waiting around for regeneration is awful with the more hp and MP. If I had to farm gold for my gear when I first started there's no way I would of stayed though, it was around a mil for the essentials, hero armmy, hero gloves/boots and a golden blade. I gave in and bought the plat, even bought the gold from the store lol
With the otherworld quests I’d imagine players would sail rather smoothly up until level 140ish, then things will get insanely more difficult. Aggy would be the first major road block, and players will have to rely on bounties and the few repeatable quests around to get up to 180 where they can start the CG quest line. Hrung would then be killable with very well thought out strategies, and then players would set their eyes on mord. Getting players full dl won’t be as difficult although players would have to level a bit higher than carrowmore content and get edl if they want to take down Mordy (remember that there are no elixirs or res idols). So I predict players will reach endgame eventually, get full edl, and then remain stuck on necro unless if they can manage to gather a massive army lol. Prot can be zerged to death with bolas (so Dg will be possible), gele and beyond will be impossible.

What would make this experiment different than simply starting a new character from scratch is that everyone will be in the same position you are. Skills like energy boost and druids will be a lot more common so regen won’t be as bad as it seems. Luxury items will feel like actual luxury items again, as only the true dedicated gold farmers will be able to get them.

At this point, the game feels a bit too reliant to do something that drastic without changing core mechanics.

Yes, life might be easier if hastes didn’t exist and the “even footing” was at a lower threshold, but you can’t exactly remove them at this point. Making a new server that’s plat-free might be cool, but would have to be buffed in a number of ways: regen would need a boost (I’ve liked the idea of making base regen like 5% of max hp/en and/or making a radius around leystones have a buff similar to being in the tavern), xp curve would need to be readjusted majorly cause leveling would be murder, bosses would need a moderate nerf, and there would be a lot of things to decide if you do or don’t add: premium mounts/pets? Mounts/pets at all? Chest mounts? Fash? Event lux? (Like the entire sewer shop?), cooking? (Baras?), where do you draw the line.

I think this has the retro sentiment that comes up periodically, and I still don’t have a good answer. On the one hand I feel like you could strip back a lot of material and make a more enjoyable game, but at the cost of a lot of lost investment. I don’t even know if there’s a good way to make it a sideways motion; going backwards at a loss, not a lot of room forwards, and there’s not a lot that gets well-received anymore.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

At this point, the game feels a bit too reliant to do something that drastic without changing core mechanics.

Yes, life might be easier if hastes didn’t exist and the “even footing” was at a lower threshold, but you can’t exactly remove them at this point. Making a new server that’s plat-free might be cool, but would have to be buffed in a number of ways: regen would need a boost (I’ve liked the idea of making base regen like 5% of max hp/en and/or making a radius around leystones have a buff similar to being in the tavern), xp curve would need to be readjusted majorly cause leveling would be murder, bosses would need a moderate nerf, and there would be a lot of things to decide if you do or don’t add: premium mounts/pets? Mounts/pets at all? Chest mounts? Fash? Event lux? (Like the entire sewer shop?), cooking? (Baras?), where do you draw the line.

I think this has the retro sentiment that comes up periodically, and I still don’t have a good answer. On the one hand I feel like you could strip back a lot of material and make a more enjoyable game, but at the cost of a lot of lost investment. I don’t even know if there’s a good way to make it a sideways motion; going backwards at a loss, not a lot of room forwards, and there’s not a lot that gets well-received anymore.
Well before VR should consider changing mechanics they should simply have players play the exact same game just without any plat items to see how much the game relies on plat items. Then after a while once they get a good understanding of which areas of the game are too plat reliant, if it’s possible for them to do so they could change the leveling curve and adjust bosses accordingly on just that server. As for regens, I never said food would be removed (apart from any foods that add to dmg... those are just as bad as elixirs) ;) and then there’s also the Drummond pot quest I think the name is called