Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Next Update

Instead of adding content or updating the game, why not make event. Cooking event, fishing event, carnage event, etc. etc. Make event every week or every month so players will not be bored. If players are bored they ask for update. If they are not bored, they wont ask for update.

A happy person are contented of what they have and dont waste a whole lot of time worrying and stressing over things they dont.
Just like in a game, if your happy playing Celtic Heroes you dont ask for more new things, because you are contented.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

Instead of adding content or updating the game, why not make event. Cooking event, fishing event, carnage event, etc. etc. Make event every week or every month so players will not be bored. If players are bored they ask for update. If they are not bored, they wont ask for update.

A happy person are contented of what they have and dont waste a whole lot of time worrying and stressing over things they dont.
Just like in a game, if your happy playing Celtic Heroes you dont ask for more new things, because you are contented.
People will get bored of events.. which is why there was a push to end big seasonal events in the first place. There needs to be more content updates and expansions
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I can see what you’re saying, Prince. But having the same events over and over again also get boring. It’s like just walking in circles—in the long run after a while you dont get much benefit in a way that you enjoy (not to mention you’re not going anywhere). Instead of walking in circles you could be hiking in the mountains and both enjoying the view and getting a work out!
Playing games (like CH) can be a means to prevent boredom... seems a little ironic to do that with a game that makes you walk in circles. CH was developed over time so that players with “newer” devices would be able to play. In all honesty, Prince, while it might not be your intent it’s a little selfish to want to keep the game small at the expense of the rest of the players. We all love the game just as much as you do, and we want to see it grow and progress—especially most endgame players—in a positive way. Having the same events over and over again for the sake of size just won’t accomplish that much, if at all.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

I can see what you’re saying, Prince. But having the same events over and over again also get boring. It’s like just walking in circles—in the long run after a while you dont get much benefit in a way that you enjoy (not to mention you’re not going anywhere). Instead of walking in circles you could be hiking in the mountains and both enjoying the view and getting a work out!
Playing games (like CH) can be a means to prevent boredom... seems a little ironic to do that with a game that makes you walk in circles. CH was developed over time so that players with “newer” devices would be able to play. In all honesty, Prince, while it might not be your intent it’s a little selfish to want to keep the game small at the expense of the rest of the players. We all love the game just as much as you do, and we want to see it grow and progress—especially most endgame players—in a positive way. Having the same events over and over again for the sake of size just won’t accomplish that much, if at all.

I play the G.O.A.T game to enjoy and have fun and not to ease boredom.
Im not getting bored in the same events over and over and over and over. Hence im not getting bored killing mobs or bosses over and over and over and over and over. If i feel bored i just stop playing. If you are bored in the events dont do it or stop playing, because youre not happy. If your not happy in a game just quit, or your just stressing yourself. You play the game to enjoy and have fun, but if youre bored and not enjoying the game, then its time to quit or look for alternatives.

Why you call it endgame players. Is there a sequel to Avengers: Endgame, the answer is no. Its already the end, no continuation, no sequel, no part 2.
EPONA

DONN

You call it complaining, I call it feedback
I’d call it criticism. The problem with a majority of the players here on the forums is they don’t know how to use criticism in the right way. There is negative criticism, and then there is constructive criticism.

Negative criticism can be commonly seen here on the forums. People are always bashing VR and spreading a general toxic vibe when trying to give criticism. Even if it’s valid, negative criticism usually gets you no where.

Constructive criticism is more rarely seen here on the forums. It generally involves starting off positive, what you like, and then ends with respectful criticism on what you don’t like and how things could be improved. Many players seem to lack the ability to do this.

Who is VR more likely to listen to? Someone who sits and gives valid criticism, but at the same time calling them greedy or s**t at their jobs? Or someone who sits and gives valid criticism in a more constructive respectful manner? It’s ok to be upset with VR, but that doesn’t mean you need to be a *** about it
I agree 100%. And the CH forums isn’t the only place it has been happening. I’ve seen it in other game forums as well as real life. Nothing new here.
Unfortunately, as paggasquid and Eragon said, pride and thinking that we know better than the actual developers of the game that get in the way of a good response to criticism/feedback etc. As Zkills said people respond better to good comments... it’s okay to have suggestions and negative views on a certain thing, it’s just a matter of presenting them in an open-minded and respectful manner.
Too bad that the devs don’t think the same ,several times they have came to us asking for feedback which I can’t go too into detail about, if they thought the players didn’t know better than them would they even do that? y does beta even exist if they don’t want feedback , so many changes have been implemented because of player feedback just takes a lot of time and effort from the player to be heard, one big example is ah.... another example is removing lvl 220+ Penalty lock.... I could go on for a while.

At the end of the day players are the one who invest 100s of hours into the game playing it, so the flaws are more obvious to them and so are the solutions.

Im not getting bored in the same events over and over and over and over. Hence im not getting bored killing mobs or bosses over and over and over and over and over. If i feel bored i just stop playing. If you are bored in the events dont do it or stop playing, because youre not happy. If your not happy in a game just quit, or your just stressing yourself. You play the game to enjoy and have fun, but if youre bored and not enjoying the game, then its time to quit or look for alternatives.

Why you call it endgame players. Is there a sequel to Avengers: Endgame, the answer is no. Its already the end, no continuation, no sequel, no part 2.
Wrong. The marvel universe did not end after end-game. It was a story leading up to the fight. We already had spiderman far from home after endgame, which means the story goes on...

Same can be said for end-game in ch. Ch had several instances leading up to a big raid ( hrungnir leading up to mordy, mordy leading up to necro, proteus leading up to gelebron, gelebron leading up to bt, now bt and gele leading up to dino)

However, with what you were saying, you would suggest that marvel should just stop making new movies, because people already watched endgame. You assume that if people want to enjoy themselves, they are just going to watch the movie over and over again. Short term people will be fine with this.

However in the long run, they will get bored of having to see the same movie over and over again. You get my point now? It’s repetetive. Eventhough it used to be great, with no development or progress people will quit.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Wrong. The marvel universe did not end after end-game. It was a story leading up to the fight. We already had spiderman far from home after endgame, which means the story goes on...

Same can be said for end-game in ch. Ch had several instances leading up to a big raid ( hrungnir leading up to mordy, mordy leading up to necro, proteus leading up to gelebron, gelebron leading up to bt, now bt and gele leading up to dino)

However, with what you were saying, you would suggest that marvel should just stop making new movies, because people already watched endgame. You assume that if people want to enjoy themselves, they are just going to watch the movie over and over again. Short term people will be fine with this.

However in the long run, they will get bored of having to see the same movie over and over again. You get my point now? It’s repetetive. Eventhough it used to be great, with no development or progress people will quit.

Did i say marvel universe? You said it not me.
I say Avengers: Endgame. Is there a sequel?
Spiderman far from home was a different movie but of course his part of avengers.
I think there was 4 avengers movie from start,
The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity and the last Avengers: Endgame.

Because Avengers has ended with the Avengers: Endgame, Marvel create a different movie called Spiderman far from home but still part of marvel and avengers.

In Celtic Heroes because everyone one says endgame players, i guess thats the end. So VR create a new game called Warhammer: Oddysey.

Instead of creating another Avengers movie they create a new one called Spiderman far from home, because Avengers: Endgame has already ended.
And in Celtic Heroes instead of adding new content, VR create a new game called Warhammer: Oddysey. Because Celtic Heroes has endgame players.

Dont take my post personally or seriously its just my opinion, because at the end of the day VR still have the final decision in updating the game.
EPONA

DONN

Dont be mad at me or hate, because its only my opinion in this topic. VR still has the final decision about it.
If they implement an update or not, we cant force them.

Look at this topic wayback 2012,

And fastforward 2019, after 7 yrs. its still a topic.
I wouldnt be surprised if i see this topic in year 2090. :lol:

Im not saying that all these post, feedback and suggestions or topic are useless, its still VR decision if they like it or not.
If VR ike the suggestions, then congrats.
And if they dont like it then dont be mad or sad because its only a game.
EPONA

DONN

I’d call it criticism. The problem with a majority of the players here on the forums is they don’t know how to use criticism in the right way. There is negative criticism, and then there is constructive criticism.

Negative criticism can be commonly seen here on the forums. People are always bashing VR and spreading a general toxic vibe when trying to give criticism. Even if it’s valid, negative criticism usually gets you no where.

Constructive criticism is more rarely seen here on the forums. It generally involves starting off positive, what you like, and then ends with respectful criticism on what you don’t like and how things could be improved. Many players seem to lack the ability to do this.

Who is VR more likely to listen to? Someone who sits and gives valid criticism, but at the same time calling them greedy or s**t at their jobs? Or someone who sits and gives valid criticism in a more constructive respectful manner? It’s ok to be upset with VR, but that doesn’t mean you need to be a *** about it
I agree 100%. And the CH forums isn’t the only place it has been happening. I’ve seen it in other game forums as well as real life. Nothing new here.
Unfortunately, as paggasquid and Eragon said, pride and thinking that we know better than the actual developers of the game that get in the way of a good response to criticism/feedback etc. As Zkills said people respond better to good comments... it’s okay to have suggestions and negative views on a certain thing, it’s just a matter of presenting them in an open-minded and respectful manner.
Too bad that the devs don’t think the same ,several times they have came to us asking for feedback which I can’t go too into detail about, if they thought the players didn’t know better than them would they even do that? y does beta even exist if they don’t want feedback , so many changes have been implemented because of player feedback just takes a lot of time and effort from the player to be heard, one big example is ah.... another example is removing lvl 220+ Penalty lock.... I could go on for a while.

At the end of the day players are the one who invest 100s of hours into the game playing it, so the flaws are more obvious to them and so are the solutions.
I suppose you could look at it in a way that VR thinks the players know the game better than they do. Alternatively, you could see the same situation and come to the conclusion that VR simply wants to get the opinions of the actual content users - it may not alter their plans at all, but at least VR will have a general idea of how content is being or will be received.

I don’t disagree that players tend to see any flaws in the user side more obviously than the developers. However, VR also sees more information about the game than players do - they have info on player counts, player activity, drop rates, etc.
Player solutions for perceived flaws are also biased from a player standpoint. A change that may sound great to the playerbase, might cause problems in the future of the game due to balancing issues. Feedback is a two-way street, developers need to trust that player feedback is occasionally somewhat accurate, while players need to trust that if the developers don’t implement a change, it’s because they decided it wouldn’t work out or be possible at the time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.