Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: VR, We Really Do Need Answers

They need to shift they butts into gear and answer and implement player feedback, what's the point in playing the game at the end if we don't know or if the game has no direction...

The fashion was a joke scioth fashion that is
Come up with something better that people want to wear
More areas and bosses could be a great way to keep people, for all levels, need more than 1 place to level grind and just kill that tower which is such and ugly design too, basically the same except colours and paths are changed slightly

Come on VR don't let this game die out it is the best mmorpg out there for mobile
They haven’t left us completely in the dark. Here’s what we know: VR is now developing a new game, warhammer, and so they’re putting their main focus on that so they can release it early next year. VR still has a team dedicated on Celtic Heroes, and we will be seeing a quality of life update which will patch bugs and make balance changes. Once VR releases warhammer they hope to gain the resources to expand the studio which will provide more resources for Celtic Heroes. They plan to continue developing Celtic Heroes for years to come.

What we can assume: most of the team will be on warhammer atleast until it’s release, meaning we won’t see any major content updates until mid next year to later next year. VR is no Blizzard
How many games named war hammer do we need? Or is this another reirteration of Warhammer 40k?
It’s called warhammer odyssey or something like that lol. I thought the same thing when I heard it, but my mind went immediately towards Total War: Warhammer instead
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

They haven’t left us completely in the dark. Here’s what we know: VR is now developing a new game, warhammer, and so they’re putting their main focus on that so they can release it early next year. VR still has a team dedicated on Celtic Heroes, and we will be seeing a quality of life update which will patch bugs and make balance changes. Once VR releases warhammer they hope to gain the resources to expand the studio which will provide more resources for Celtic Heroes. They plan to continue developing Celtic Heroes for years to come.

What we can assume: most of the team will be on warhammer atleast until it’s release, meaning we won’t see any major content updates until mid next year to later next year. VR is no Blizzard
How many games named war hammer do we need? Or is this another reirteration of Warhammer 40k?
It’s called warhammer odyssey or something like that lol. I thought the same thing when I heard it, but my mind went immediately towards Total War: Warhammer instead
Yes, Warhammer: Odyssey is based in the main Warhammer universe(like both Total War: Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, and all the other games/books). I never realized how popular and big it actually is though.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

They need to shift they butts into gear and answer and implement player feedback, what's the point in playing the game at the end if we don't know or if the game has no direction...

The fashion was a joke scioth fashion that is
Come up with something better that people want to wear
More areas and bosses could be a great way to keep people, for all levels, need more than 1 place to level grind and just kill that tower which is such and ugly design too, basically the same except colours and paths are changed slightly

Come on VR don't let this game die out it is the best mmorpg out there for mobile

I was thinking the same thing, because of so many bad warhammer games and the license given to anyone who asks the majority of warhammer fans aren’t hyped for the games anymore they don’t expect anything so who is going to play it.... us guys , vr should have just continued making ch better or even finishing it then moving on

I was thinking the same thing, because of so many bad warhammer games and the license given to anyone who asks the majority of warhammer fans aren’t hyped for the games anymore they don’t expect anything so who is going to play it.... us guys , vr should have just continued making ch better or even finishing it then moving on
To be fair, due to Warhammer: Odyssey being pretty far along (I think the beta is supposed to start early next year), I’m sure VR has had this in the works for at least a year or more, probably even before taking over Celtic Heroes. If that is the case, then I can understand them wanting to get the first version of that game released and running before focusing their attention on their new game - CH.

One of the things that does worry me slightly is that VR is hyping “regular episodic updates” for WH:O, and I don’t really know what VR’s priority will be with those updates. I’m sure they have an obligation to Games Workshop (Warhammer publisher) to keep working on WH:O content, but they have also stated that they are continuing to work on Celtic Heroes. There’s just the question of how much effort they are putting into either game. It’s easy to make assumptions about that based on this past year’s lack of content, but that’s also because VR is gearing up for WH:O’s beta release, as well as still working on a QoL and bug fix update for CH (which hopefully will be sooner than later, and make some good changes).

Quite honestly, there isn’t really any way to know for sure whether one game or the other will get more focus until WH:O is out, and the first updates start rolling out to both - which probably won’t be for at least another year.

Long story short. VR bought ch from otm to get that extra revenue to budget their new game WO and once released and going theyre going to throw out ch. Seen it before. Going to happen again.
It would be stupid of VR to do so, so I doubt they’ll toss away this game. Celtic Heroes has been receiving support since summer 2011. It’s almost unheard of now days for a mobile MMORPG to last as long as Celtic Heroes has. The only reason why that has been possible is because Celtic Heroes is a mostly successful game with a solid community (many of which have been around since the near beginning) and new players can constantly be seen trying out this game (just go to heroes landing for a full day and record how many level 1s you see or try to take note of how maybe lvl 50s and below you see).

I’ve seen the numbers somewhere before although idk if they’re true or not, but celtic Heroes still manages to bring in good revenue for VR after 8+ years. It can easily be seen on Epona where players are still buying 100s of chests weekly it seems. If VR were to throw this game away they would lose their number one source of revenue, their one and only cushion to fall back onto if warhammer doesn’t reach the same success Celtic Heroes did which I predict it wont, and basically the foundation of OTM, now VR. Take away that foundation and things could fall apart very quickly. I assume Celtic Heroes is the reason why they’ve been able to develop another game in the first place, so that just goes to show how much this game brings in for them.

The biggest thing with Celtic Heroes is it’s unique gameplay that’s different from any other mobile MMORPG. It’s because of this gameplay that players have been able to stick around for as long as they have despite the heavy lack in content... VR is sitting on top of a gold mine with Celtic Heroes and that gold is still waiting to be dug out, VR just needs to put in the effort and resources to dig it up. If Celtic Heroes started receiving more GOOD major content updates (like my expansion suggestion cough cough), and if the game were to double in size, VR would start to see massive success with this game (with perhaps a little advertising, although imo it isn’t necessary).

So the real long story short, no VR won’t trash Celtic Heroes. It would be a terrible idea from a business standpoint.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Long story short. VR bought ch from otm to get that extra revenue to budget their new game WO and once released and going theyre going to throw out ch. Seen it before. Going to happen again.
It would be stupid of VR to do so, so I doubt they’ll toss away this game. Celtic Heroes has been receiving support since summer 2011. It’s almost unheard of now days for a mobile MMORPG to last as long as Celtic Heroes has. The only reason why that has been possible is because Celtic Heroes is a mostly successful game with a solid community (many of which have been around since the near beginning) and new players can constantly be seen trying out this game (just go to heroes landing for a full day and record how many level 1s you see or try to take note of how maybe lvl 50s and below you see).

I’ve seen the numbers somewhere before although idk if they’re true or not, but celtic Heroes still manages to bring in good revenue for VR after 8+ years. It can easily be seen on Epona where players are still buying 100s of chests weekly it seems. If VR were to throw this game away they would lose their number one source of revenue, they’re one and only cushion to fall back onto if warhammer doesn’t reach the same success Celtic Heroes did which I predict it wont, and basically the foundation of OTM, now VR. Take away that foundation and things could fall apart very quickly. I assume Celtic Heroes is the reason why they’ve been able to develop another game in the first place, so that just goes to show how much this game brings in for them.

The biggest thing with Celtic Heroes is it’s unique gameplay that’s different from any other mobile MMORPG. It’s because of this gameplay that players have been able to stick around for as long as they have despite the heavy lack in content... VR is sitting on top of a gold mine with Celtic Heroes and that gold is still waiting to be dug out, VR just needs to put in the effort and resources to dig it up. If Celtic Heroes started receiving more GOOD major content updates (like my expansion suggestion cough cough), and if the game were to double in size, VR would start to see massive success with this game (with perhaps a little advertising, although imo it isn’t necessary).

So the real long story short, no VR won’t trash Celtic Heroes. It would be a terrible idea from a business standpoint.
Ive been here since october 2011. And ever since vr took over. I could easily see the huge downhill the game has been going. With more droughts now than there was when otm was around. Its very obvious their plans for ch. CG was a failure that took them over a year to make and wasnt much added to it. Otherworld had much more and was made in much less time. They made dino the way they did because they knew it would be a huge plat sink. They want to milk it as much as they can to fund their new game. Sure ch will still be up and running after the new game is released but with how dead the game is now with updates and events. Just wait till they move their focus to the new game. Now im sure ill get the reply of, oh well we have a seperate team thats going to take over the new game and we are still going to focus on ch. Bs, heard that before too. I give it maybe a year after the official release of the game before ch becomes more of a ghost town than it already is.

The downward trend started long before VR, imo after the engine update and Dragonfire expansion (which was the last truly good expansion way back in 2013). After that OTM just lost their touch and released bad events, the tower update was horrible with cookie cutter floors, reused mobs, bosses were simply bigger versions of ordinary mobs, armor lazily implemented and the tower does not fit well with this game. The Corrupted Gardens brought in new and great concepts like the cg offhands, factions, faction quests/shops, and a decent raid, but the area is tiny and really doesn’t expand the game that much. Plenty of QoL updates and small small content updates, but no good game expansions. The droughts are more of a server problem.

One could argue it started when OTM decided to make events every season vs making permanent content and we are now feeling the effects of that as the game feels like it’s so far behind now. They probably noticed how much revenue they were taking in from events and decided to do them over and over again, but they failed to look in the long run.

Doesn’t mean it’s not too late to get things going again. OTM really nailed the gameplay and that’s been keeping Celtic Heroes afloat, now VR just needs to pick it up and sail with it.

All good everyone speculating , we need the devs to reassure us that they have planned changes we want/ plan to add new content with real examples not just empty words, otherwise it’s very natural for players to assume that they are just milking money from ch and will close servers once everyone leaves, since it has happened to so many games before

I’ve seen the numbers somewhere before although idk if they’re true or not, but celtic Heroes still manages to bring in good revenue for VR after 8+ years. It can easily be seen on Epona where players are still buying 100s of chests weekly it seems. If VR were to throw this game away they would lose their number one source of revenue, they’re one and only cushion to fall back onto if warhammer doesn’t reach the same success Celtic Heroes did which I predict it wont, and basically the foundation of OTM, now VR. Take away that foundation and things could fall apart very quickly. I assume Celtic Heroes is the reason why they’ve been able to develop another game in the first place, so that just goes to show how much this game brings in for them.

Ive been here since october 2011. And ever since vr took over. I could easily see the huge downhill the game has been going. With more droughts now than there was when otm was around. Its very obvious their plans for ch. CG was a failure that took them over a year to make and wasnt much added to it. Otherworld had much more and was made in much less time. They made dino the way they did because they knew it would be a huge plat sink. They want to milk it as much as they can to fund their new game. Sure ch will still be up and running after the new game is released but with how dead the game is now with updates and events. Just wait till they move their focus to the new game. Now im sure ill get the reply of, oh well we have a seperate team thats going to take over the new game and we are still going to focus on ch. Bs, heard that before too. I give it maybe a year after the official release of the game before ch becomes more of a ghost town than it already is.
I'm not sure how much of the gardens was VR, and how much was OTM. Keep in mind that OTM wasn't disbanded until after gardens release, so OTM had a pretty heavy hand in the design and development.

This past year has been extremely slow, I definitely agree there. However, that isn't necessarily a sign of what next year is going to look like.

Players have always been asking for better endgame content for ages - it's understandable that VR would have wanted to make the next EG boss hard enough to keep players distracted for a while. I'd say rather than trying to use Dhio to "milk" the players to fund WH:O (which I'm sure Warhammer's main publisher is funding), it's more to try and keep people busy. Obviously that hasn't quite worked out so well, since players don't like working (insanely) hard for semi-decent loot, but that's for a different topic.

The key thing to keep in mind is that VR hasn't said anything about what they have planned for CH outside of this next update, so you don't really have any proof of anything future-related - much in the same way that I don't have any proof that VR will continue working hard on CH. The only information we have is that VR said they will continue CH, which could be taken as "we will continue to maintain the servers" or "we will continue to develop new content".

I agree with Rogue4Life that right now, the best thing VR could do is communicate. OTM always struggled with that, and VR hasn't quite been the best at it either this year. I would love to see a developer diary come out in the next week or two with info about some of the changes to look forward to in the QoL/Bug Fixes update, as well as some info as to whether we could expect new content next year, and what some of that might look like.