Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 2H weapons users

Im a huge fan of two handed weapons. My main in Lugh wielded 2h blunt until 200, my main in in Epona wielded 2h sword until 180. Both builds proved to be effective at bosses and in arena. However at higher lvls is when having an offhand truly shines. From my experience u need the elemental dmg for lixing gele's tower and effectively killing bosses 190+

On my warrior of old back on belenus I would occasionally rock a Ymir hammer. Super fun to use and you can make good use out of giant swing and sweeping blow. Back in the day two handed ancient weapons were very commonly used, but now days offhands have become so incredibly powerful that they make 2H weapons not as great as they should be... just another example of how the old days were so much better (2012 pre OW). Even at lower lvls you’re better off rocking an obsidian hammer+offhand vs a 2H.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Ymir hammer is the only good 2 handed weapon, in almost every case using a 1 handed weapon and a lux offhand will deal more dps. The idea behind 2 handed weapons is that they are cheaper then buying the mainhand and lux offhand, but aren't as good. This sounds like a good balancing attempt on paper, but in reality you need alot of gold to level up anyway, so most people do have the funds to buy the main and offy, and as such, 2 handed weapons are rarely seen.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Ymir hammer is the only good 2 handed weapon, in almost every case using a 1 handed weapon and a lux offhand will deal more dps. The idea behind 2 handed weapons is that they are cheaper then buying the mainhand and lux offhand, but aren't as good. This sounds like a good balancing attempt on paper, but in reality you need alot of gold to level up anyway, so most people do have the funds to buy the main and offy, and as such, 2 handed weapons are rarely seen.
Yeah this is what I thought. They fun to use in other rpg's but in this one I don't see em used at all. Wish they added a good amount of str to 2h weps, that way we could have more of a auto build with mh+oh and a skill spamming build with a 2h wep. For a war anyway, not tried a 2h we with any other class

They just need to increase the scaling of 2H weapons with str. You’ll have much more dmg using a 2H axe with lets say 1k str vs a 1H axe with a cg offhand, and of course the draw back would be slower attack speeds. Giant swings, ruptures, double attacks, and sweeping blows would deal much more damage than they do now with a 2H weapon and if an auto lands it’ll do good heavy dmg.

Unless if VR were to add in really powerful 2H weapons this is the only solution I could see working. Simply adding more stats to 2H weapons won’t cut it. Similar situation with the knuckleblades; adding more stats won’t work.. the weapon type in general needs to be revamped
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Im a huge fan of two handed weapons. My main in Lugh wielded 2h blunt until 200, my main in in Epona wielded 2h sword until 180. Both builds proved to be effective at bosses and in arena. However at higher lvls is when having an offhand truly shines. From my experience u need the elemental dmg for lixing gele's tower and effectively killing bosses 190+
Why did u decide to use a 2h wep instead of both mh+oh?

I'd really like to use a 2h, trying to figure out what benefits it'd give me. Apart from being cheaper ofc

Loosing the offhand bonuses really hurts two handed weapons, I don't know if it has just never occurred to OTM or VR that if they made an offhand for two handed weapons like quivers and bows it would open up a bunch more weapons which would be really cool. It's hard to think of an offhand for all THW, but you could easily split it magical shafts for spears hammers and axes and hilts for swords. The other simpler solution would be offhand "grips" or wraps/wrapping. Basically the leather, cloth or sometimes even wood and metal that you might put on a weapon for your hands to grip.

The other thing that bugs me about two handed weapons are how slow they are. In CH there is such a damage advantage for those who hit the most often because most damage and all of the important damage is added to every hit, and realistically two handed weapons aren't even that much slower if they are slower at all. Two hands on a spear has got to be basically always faster, a two handed sword could be faster than a 1 handed, about the same or a little slower. Two handed axes and hammers would be slower but not by that much. Most importantly I guess would be to have them balanced but there are many logical solutions and I think it would refresh the game a lot if all classes could use some two handed builds throughout the game. I'd even love to see some mages running around swinging some two handed swords.

I myself use a 2 hand hammer mainly for hot swapping for kills like double attack and rupture and yes it does give me a worthy damage bonus. And honestly a lv l200 hammer from vendor is not bad to use lixing in tower I used it on all my lixs with haste and got most of the kills