Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apostate braces

Hard to say is the rarest when theres like 1-2 apostates in several servers yet much less godly havocs/barbs/ingens considering gele has been out for 3 years, then again the apostates drop rate is lower to nonexistent, and was a bad idea from the start to release an RNG brace from an RNG mob to beat godly gele ones.
You realise they all came from the first 1-2 weeks then VR quickly nerfed drop rates and none have dropped in months?
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Should be something like a 6th drop you can randomly get from the Gele loot table instead of a random spawn mob in Alchemical. That way the difficulty to kill would at least match the value of the brace.

Like how you used to be able to get Spyrestone braces from EDL bosses
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Hard to say is the rarest when theres like 1-2 apostates in several servers yet much less godly havocs/barbs/ingens considering gele has been out for 3 years, then again the apostates drop rate is lower to nonexistent, and was a bad idea from the start to release an RNG brace from an RNG mob to beat godly gele ones.
You realise they all came from the first 1-2 weeks then VR quickly nerfed drop rates and none have dropped in months?
I thought i was the only one who noticed this lol.

Should be something like a 6th drop you can randomly get from the Gele loot table instead of a random spawn mob in Alchemical. That way the difficulty to kill would at least match the value of the brace.

Like how you used to be able to get Spyrestone braces from EDL bosses
An even better option (imo) would be to make it a random drop from any mob (or just wizards). Instead of having to hope the boss spawns, just make it so anyone leveling/farming the map has an absolutely tiny chance of getting it.

Having it as a rare drop from Gele would limit it to only dropping for the dom clan(s). At least as a uber-rare drop from mobs, players from any clan have a chance of getting it. Another downside of it dropping from Gele is that it would probably become a DKP item (or rolled), which means that if it were to drop to you, you most likely wouldn't get to keep it - whereas if you get one while farming/leveling, it's alllll yours.

I feel like this is when VR was like: "wait, why da heck is absolutely everyone farming for these bracelets - they are supposed to be rare surprises, not farmable items".

Could be wrong :shrug:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Brace is one of the many proof of devs don't know their game well. I'm pretty sure they didn't know how good those braces are when they designed and released. After they realised they lowered drop rates probably to same chance of spyrestone drop or even lower. Since you all know spyrestone braces can drop from any mob in every floor of tower and there's only a few in every server (after latest change of drop rate) imagine how many times mobs been killed in tower and imagine how hard to get apostates.

So close to 0.

I like the idea of having really good items that can top raid gear be available for all players. It’s not like the runic ammys where everyone with gold can get their hands on one... I also quite like having one of these braces drop once in a blue moon as it gives it value and makes it highly sought after. That of course is if they’re still obtainable and it’d be nice if VR or possibly someone who’s gotten one in recent times could confirm that they’re still obtainable.

On a similar topic, spyrestone bracers definitely need a drop rate buff... they’re not even that viable anymore, including the godly. Giving them the same drop rates as riftskull braces would be the most logical thing to do.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I like the idea of having really good items that can top raid gear be available for all players. It’s not like the runic ammys where everyone with gold can get their hands on one... I also quite like having one of these braces drop once in a blue moon as it gives it value and makes it highly sought after. That of course is if they’re still obtainable and it’d be nice if VR or possibly someone who’s gotten one in recent times could confirm that they’re still obtainable.

On a similar topic, spyrestone bracers definitely need a drop rate buff... they’re not even that viable anymore, including the godly. Giving them the same drop rates as riftskull braces would be the most logical thing to do.
Having op items being luck based that luck based is even more terrible than having it on low drop rates from raid bosses.
I honestly would love if they had quests instead, and are made super grindy, like really really grindy. Like kill a 100k or even a million of a certain mob/type of mobs. That way it’s accessible to people who are worth the grind. Obviously the quest i presented is just an example, but u get the point. It would also give top players purpose to spend more time in game, as currently, to get top gear from lets say gele/bt, u can log an hour each 2-4 days, kill the boss and pray to rng gods a good item drops. In between the long spawns there is barely anything interesting and rewarding to do apart from bounties and other dailies.

Its not only that the drop rate is dreadfull, Its also that VR are so mysterious about it. No confirmation about assumptions players have Made, no hints, no help at all. Nothing said about it still being possible to get or where to get it Exactly. The only spot confirmed is the NW singular wizard bc of a screenshot Very early on. Their arguements for it were that Its supposed to be fun to find out on ur own, but at some point u gonna have to take action. Its been months since the last one dropped And people might have put in 100+ hours for nothing bc nothing can be confirmed or denied.

Having op items being luck based that luck based is even more terrible than having it on low drop rates from raid bosses.
I honestly would love if they had quests instead, and are made super grindy, like really really grindy. Like kill a 100k or even a million of a certain mob/type of mobs. That way it’s accessible to people who are worth the grind. Obviously the quest i presented is just an example, but u get the point. It would also give top players purpose to spend more time in game, as currently, to get top gear from lets say gele/bt, u can log an hour each 2-4 days, kill the boss and pray to rng gods a good item drops. In between the long spawns there is barely anything interesting and rewarding to do apart from bounties and other dailies.
The game sorely needed something like the rare drop items to appeal to those who enjoy grinding mob after mob after mob for those rare goods. It gives the game more depth and to me is more interesting than simply giving a bland quest. Leave those types of quests for fashion, not gear. Other games like WoW have had rare mob drops that were extremely beneficial to the players in dungeons or even the game in general. I always found that part of WoW to be the most interesting part.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge