Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If your could change your ingame name

Petition to free up all inactive names? :D
The thing is, it’s not that easy...all those names are tied to characters that have been played for some extent of time (regardless of how long that is).

While this would be awesome for current players, it wouldn’t be fair to any old players possibly coming back to the game in the future. There are always some old players trickling back after a couple years, and they wouldn’t be happy about finding their characters with newly randomized names. Even if the characters never got past level 10, there’s still a very tiny chance they could come back.
People who have been gone for 5+ years prob won't come back lol js
Ironic you should mention that, as just last night I replied to a post from a guy who came back from about 5 years ago (link to topic).

I do agree that the chances are pretty small, but there is still a chance nonetheless...and it wouldn't be right to alter characters without player approval.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Petition to free up all inactive names? :D
The thing is, it’s not that easy...all those names are tied to characters that have been played for some extent of time (regardless of how long that is).

While this would be awesome for current players, it wouldn’t be fair to any old players possibly coming back to the game in the future. There are always some old players trickling back after a couple years, and they wouldn’t be happy about finding their characters with newly randomized names. Even if the characters never got past level 10, there’s still a very tiny chance they could come back.
“Probably” still refers to the probability of those players coming back ;)
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Ironic you should mention that, as just last night I replied to a post from a guy who came back from about 5 years ago (link to topic).

I do agree that the chances are pretty small, but there is still a chance nonetheless...and it wouldn't be right to alter characters without player approval.
You can't get player approval of someone who's quit and it isn't really wrong to take a good name and give it to someone who didn't quit the game lol when they quit they had to have accepted that the game could change tremendously while they were gone

I’ve wanted Bob forever... just Bob... but some dang level 7 ranger took it on arawn ._. I didn’t even get to reserve it on Nuada because I was 12 seconds late in updating my game :cry:

If I could change my gwyd mage’s name to anything, it would be to Bob.
I once worked with a guy named Bob.... we called him knob job Bob....
Don’t ask why......

I wish I could change my rogues name to You. Every time I get a kill at a boss everyone thinks they did, but a lot of people in epona try to avoid bragging or asking who got kill so every time they'll have a moral dilemma and have to decide whether or not to be like 'did you get it?'
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis