Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Barbered Shot

So recently I have seen quite a lot of rangers use barbered out of nowhere. Did the skill change in some way or something? Or do people just not want to waste the skill points in that one gele brace? Or did some skill become much less usefull than barbered? Just wondering why people are using a slowish cast, weakish dot skill that I remember it as.

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Barbered Shot

So recently I have seen quite a lot of rangers use barbered out of nowhere. Did the skill change in some way or something? Or do people just not want to waste the skill points in that one gele brace? Or did some skill become much less usefull than barbered? Just wondering why people are using a slowish cast, weakish dot skill that I remember it as.
I have noticed the same and have no idea why suddenly the crap skill barbed got so popular.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

It’s still a bad skill.-. Only reason I can see people even want to use it now is because of the new dino brac that boosts the initial damage of barbed shot. Even with that brac though the skill still sucks since the DoT is so bad. Not sure why people would use it tbh
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Cause people think they gain dps off of it when they really don’t lol. Slow, weak asf, and gets evaded. I’d rather use long shot. Long shot is actually alright with a good gele ring even without dg
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Another downside is simply the fact that all its damage comes from the DoT. Even if the skill were buffed a little (whether faster or stronger) it still might not be as widely adopted because only one ranger's skill could be active at a time.

The one case where I could see it being a semi-widely used skill would be if it were buffed up to be more like a weaker version of Rupture.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Cause people think they gain dps off of it when they really don’t lol. Slow, weak asf, and gets evaded. I’d rather use long shot. Long shot is actually alright with a good gele ring even without dg
longshot is a weak skill thats a dps gain but unfortunately its the 3rd best skill we have. Needs a buff. Better yet the whole ranger skill set needs an overhaul. So many useless or heavily underpowered skills.

As for barbed shot this happens every now and then. Barbed shot goes through a period of higher usage for whatever reason every once in a while. I started using it because nobody else was and its a small dps gain if your the only person casting it...but now more use so its back to bolas for me which i get a use out of maybe once in a few weeks - which is more use than barbed shot
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple