Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Solo mage help- Re: Shields and energy boost

Hello all. I'm sure these questions have been answered before but im sure there are others still wondering as am I. What is the best way to solo level as a fire mage without breaking the bank? IE: not using a ton of potions. I have heard that buying a shield such as the one that gives 200 armor and some vit is a good call. Can anyone confirm this? Is the dps sacraficed for the survivibility negligible? Next question ... Skill set up... I would love to be able to incorporate energy boost into my build. Is it a worth substitute to buying energy sigils? I would also be pairing energy boost with a white rabbit pet and of course energy lixes when leveling. Advice and guidance would be appreciated!

Re: Solo mage help- Re: Shields and energy boost

Nfbowman024 wrote:Hello all. I'm sure these questions have been answered before but im sure there are others still wondering as am I. What is the best way to solo level as a fire mage without breaking the bank? IE: not using a ton of potions. I have heard that buying a shield such as the one that gives 200 armor and some vit is a good call. Can anyone confirm this? Is the dps sacraficed for the survivibility negligible? Next question ... Skill set up... I would love to be able to incorporate energy boost into my build. Is it a worth substitute to buying energy sigils? I would also be pairing energy boost with a white rabbit pet and of course energy lixes when leveling. Advice and guidance would be appreciated!

Truth be told, I’ve never solo leveled a mage before (only tag teamed with a ranger). However, I will say that Energy Boost is by far the best of the various energy regen skills in the game. My (fire) mage has always kept some number of points in it, usually just spare points after maxing out my primary skills. It won’t keep your energy topped up by itself, but it will definitely help. That combined with a rabbit and energy lixes should keep you set on energy when leveling.

I’ve never tried a shield, so I can’t speak to whether or not it’ll actually help much or not.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Eragon123 wrote:
Nfbowman024 wrote:Hello all. I'm sure these questions have been answered before but im sure there are others still wondering as am I. What is the best way to solo level as a fire mage without breaking the bank? IE: not using a ton of potions. I have heard that buying a shield such as the one that gives 200 armor and some vit is a good call. Can anyone confirm this? Is the dps sacraficed for the survivibility negligible? Next question ... Skill set up... I would love to be able to incorporate energy boost into my build. Is it a worth substitute to buying energy sigils? I would also be pairing energy boost with a white rabbit pet and of course energy lixes when leveling. Advice and guidance would be appreciated!

Truth be told, I’ve never solo leveled a mage before (only tag teamed with a ranger). However, I will say that Energy Boost is by far the best of the various energy regen skills in the game. My (fire) mage has always kept some number of points in it, usually just spare points after maxing out my primary skills. It won’t keep your energy topped up by itself, but it will definitely help. That combined with a rabbit and energy lixes should keep you set on energy when leveling.

I’ve never tried a shield, so I can’t speak to whether or not it’ll actually help much or not.

Okay awesome, thank you! That will save me a ton of gold instead of energy sigils. Appreciate your advice!

-) shield works great for that extra survivability buff, more than doubling a mages armor. You do lose a lot of DPS, and as such I only recommend using it if you are solo lixing, but if you are solo lixing you will need it.
-) energy boost can be a pretty powerful skill and it can to an extent work as a substitute to energy sigils. I always preferred to spend 500g-1k a lix on a heroic energy elixir and put the skill points into energy shield or another DPS skill (ice shards for example), however if you are unable to afford or would rather spend your gold elsewhere, energy boost can work as a substitute.
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

bob the mage wrote:

-) shield works great for that extra survivability buff, more than doubling a mages armor. You do lose a lot of DPS, and as such I only recommend using it if you are solo lixing, but if you are solo lixing you will need it.
-) energy boost can be a pretty powerful skill and it can to an extent work as a substitute to energy sigils. I always preferred to spend 500g-1k a lix on a heroic energy elixir and put the skill points into energy shield or another DPS skill (ice shards for example), however if you are unable to afford or would rather spend your gold elsewhere, energy boost can work as a substitute.

Thank you Bob!!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. One last question, hypothetically if I could afford it ... Would you recommend hotswapping between shield and focus offhand?

Nfbowman024 wrote:
bob the mage wrote:

Thank you Bob!!!! Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated. One last question, hypothetically if I could afford it ... Would you recommend hotswapping between shield and focus offhand?

At this level range, all you are really doing is leveling and a few quest bosses on the side, but nothing where you really need to worry about doing too damage. If you were only leveling with a group and you were doing some bossing as well, I would say go for the seer, but from the sound of it this isn’t the case and as such I don’t see it worth being getting a seer. Save the gold and put it towards more lixs or some energy sigils.
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

bob the mage wrote:
Nfbowman024 wrote:
bob the mage wrote:-) shield works great for that extra survivability buff, more than doubling a mages armor. You do lose a lot of DPS, and as such I only recommend using it if you are solo lixing, but if you are solo lixing you will need it.

At this level range, all you are really doing is leveling and a few quest bosses on the side, but nothing where you really need to worry about doing too damage. If you were only leveling with a group and you were doing some bossing as well, I would say go for the seer, but from the sound of it this isn’t the case and as such I don’t see it worth being getting a seer. Save the gold and put it towards more lixs or some energy sigils.

Thank you Bob! Appreciate the help!!!