Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Point system

We use band, with attendance at each boss posted into a chat channel. It is then exported as csv, and put through text processing to load into Guildlaunch. And I do mean each boss - we give points for 4 star placeholders on DL on up, to reward the timer keepers. This makes for a huge volume of text.

The tricky part of the text processing is identifying characters from misspelled words (there are lots) and ambiguous names. You wouldn’t believe how common the words “dark”,”death”, “shadow” and “arrows” are.

We looked into screenshots and image processing. There are some very good, free, OCR web services available. But we already had a culture of attendance taking by hand, and so stuck with text processing. Also - attendance taking by hand is more precise than screenshots which just pick up everyone in the area, or the group, or the clan, none of which actually defines those in attendance.
The thing with creating a program to parse your text is that you can just create a bunch of conditionals that check for the different variations in the name so you don't need to write out the full names.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

We use band, with attendance at each boss posted into a chat channel. It is then exported as csv, and put through text processing to load into Guildlaunch. And I do mean each boss - we give points for 4 star placeholders on DL on up, to reward the timer keepers. This makes for a huge volume of text.

The tricky part of the text processing is identifying characters from misspelled words (there are lots) and ambiguous names. You wouldn’t believe how common the words “dark”,”death”, “shadow” and “arrows” are.

We looked into screenshots and image processing. There are some very good, free, OCR web services available. But we already had a culture of attendance taking by hand, and so stuck with text processing. Also - attendance taking by hand is more precise than screenshots which just pick up everyone in the area, or the group, or the clan, none of which actually defines those in attendance.
You forgot to mention that once you pull in all that data, you can generate reports off of it. Taalia has created some reports that show a lot of detailed info, that we wouldn’t have if we weren’t tracking every boss.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

The thing with creating a program to parse your text is that you can just create a bunch of conditionals that check for the different variations in the name so you don't need to write out the full names.
My script keeps a map of known nicknames to actual player names, and that map grows with time as new nicknames are identified. It uses a gestalt pattern matching algorithm to try and guess what unknown nicknames are. But the biggest problem is the ambiguous names, all those “deaths” and “darks”. Now we’ve been running for over a year most of the misspellings and variations in regular player names are not a problem.

Thanks for the help on the XML Dark Kitty :) I’ll give that a go :)

Been a leader in 3 clans that used DKP (and I chatted the KP in 2 of em), and while it can be a chore to update sometimes, the benefits from it 100% make up for it.
I find google sheets is an easy template to use and you can share the link with everyone in the clan so all can see their point values. Other options include WebDKP and DKPsystem. While not meant for ch they work really well.

If you need any help with specifics feel free to pm me!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

A bit late but my clan does use a DKP system. We keep our data on WebDKP which is good for tracking gear players get as well. We post a screenshot and type out each player who was there on Line Messenger. Recently I programmed an application that parses all the text and counts the points for you and another one that posts it all on WebDKP because that takes a long time as well. Right now it takes maybe 15-20 minutes to count and post points every couple days which is nothing compared to the hours it used to take to count them by hand.

Like what was mentioned above you can use nicknames and aliases so the name doesn't have to be perfect but I don't think that's worth the time.

For example today I copy and pasted everything from the Line desktop messenger app where we post screenshots into my app. The input looked like this: https://pastebin.com/bR6HU59w

The output of the program looked like this
You can see some errors that occurred because someone didn't use the proper syntax but those can quickly be fixed by hand before posting the points on WebDKP. If you plan on doing something similar to this I highly recommend WebDKP because of the simplicity of their design. I actually have an example of how I programmatically logged in and awarded points on WebDKP in Java here.

https://github.com/henry-anderson/HTTPi ... les/WebDKP

That is an example using a simple HTTP library I created but the same logic applies in any language without that library. Send a POST request to the login page, save the session cookie, then send another POST request to /Admin/Manage/ with certain parameters to award points.