Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Should I stop using the sword

I have been using a sword and shield since day one but I see the high level people using axes and Spears should I switch?
The benefit of using an axe or hammer is that you can use Rupture, which is considered the best damage skill for a warrior. You can't use it with a sword or spear.

If you want to maximize your damage output (and you have the Rupture skill), changing to an axe (or a hammer) would probably be a good option. I wouldn't really recommend using a spear unless you are a higher level and have access to a good endgame spear - even then, they aren't usually the best for damage, since you can't use Rupture.

I'd also recommend trying to get a luxury shop damage offhand if possible (though they are quite expensive). A shield is a good option for an offhand, but a damage offhand will probably be more helpful in the long run.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I have been using a sword and shield since day one but I see the high level people using axes and Spears should I switch?
The benefit of using an axe or hammer is that you can use Rupture, which is considered the best damage skill for a warrior. You can't use it with a sword or spear.

If you want to maximize your damage output (and you have the Rupture skill), changing to an axe (or a hammer) would probably be a good option. I wouldn't really recommend using a spear unless you are a higher level and have access to a good endgame spear - even then, they aren't usually the best for damage, since you can't use Rupture.

I'd also recommend trying to get a luxury shop damage offhand if possible (though they are quite expensive). A shield is a good option for an offhand, but a damage offhand will probably be more helpful in the long run.
I main a spear 90% of the time. I've found that the dps output puts axe warriors(not including gele/dino axe cuz when I get one of them ofc I'll change) to shame. It makes your autos and all skills raise in damage. I got swap an axe and gele rupture ring for rupture then instantly go back to spear.

I main a spear 90% of the time. I've found that the dps output puts axe warriors(not including gele/dino axe cuz when I get one of them ofc I'll change) to shame. It makes your autos and all skills raise in damage. I got swap an axe and gele rupture ring for rupture then instantly go back to spear.
Yes, I know that a spear build works really well at endgame (my lvl 200 warrior uses a spear), especially with hotswapping an axe :roll:

However, I was directing my advice towards a new player. Spear builds aren’t very good at lower levels due to a lack of good weapon options, and on top of that - most newer players don’t want to mess about with hotswapping. For the most part, it’s simpler (and cheaper) to just use an axe.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Yes, I know that a spear build works really well at endgame (my lvl 200 warrior uses a spear), especially with hotswapping an axe :roll:

However, I was directing my advice towards a new player. Spear builds aren’t very good at lower levels due to a lack of good weapon options, and on top of that - most newer players don’t want to mess about with hotswapping. For the most part, it’s simpler (and cheaper) to just use an axe.
Most of the new players who don't start hot swapping low never do or struggle with the concept later. I agree that it is usually easier but at the same time, it's better to get the "complicated" things down early and get a head start.
edit: you said even with a good end game spear it isn't usually the best for damage which is why I stated things the way I did lol