Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Dino raid.

As one of the most enthusiastic about dino on my server, I've bullied my clan into doing dino more than once. Sometimes we can't get enough on so we wait for 20 minutes for nothing and sometimes we max out at over 30 and have to ask people to sit out. One major problem is that while we can count and limit our raid to thirty, we cannot keep the lower levels out. I've had to personally speak to clan leaders about keeping their members out, but this doesn't work on those without clans or those who ignore us. We also have tried to do dino properly, staying within this "player limited" idea, however, its discouraging that the only worlds to kill the boss are the ones completely disregarding the idea of the mechanics and just using numbers to kill it. The raid was built to be player limited. On one hand that idea has failed to work on worlds with mass players swarming it. On the other hand for those who do try to work with the mechanic, they suffer from those who refuse to leave the area decreasing their player limit even more. I am not saying the method of swarming isn't working because it clearly is. It just seemed this wasn't the idea behind the boss. Why are the ones trying to do it correctly the people who are going to be the only ones not able to kill it? Must we all give into disregarding the idea of the limit? Do we have to accept that because the boss is in lirs our raid may forever be dependent on if low levels are willing to stay out?

On a world like ours low levels aren't the only ones who can mess up this number either.
Trouble1213 - 226 Rogue
Sardarthien - 221 Warrior
Kopis - 190 Rogue
Frosting - 220 Druid
- General of Ascension (Danu)

Re: The Dino raid.

+1

There should probably have been a lvl req quest just to even get into the area
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

It's either kill player restriction or make the area suited for eg players only, idk why you thought making a restriction like this on players a thing in the first place, the playerbase isn't that dead
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I think it’s a cool idea to let lower levels watch an endgame raid in Lirs Reach. It’s an obvious design flaw (not surprised) that they make a player limit on dino in an area where literally anyone can wander in to. You can’t punish/get angry at players who just want to go and watch which I’m sure happens very frequently.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you’re over 30 players all dino does is start teleporting? So the more players you have will simply counter the effects of the teleporting. If anything the teleporting seems like a counter to clans/servers trying to zerg the boss. I never understood what actually happens.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I think it’s a cool idea to let lower levels watch an endgame raid in Lirs Reach. It’s an obvious design flaw (not surprised) that they make a player limit on dino in an area where literally anyone can wander in to. You can’t punish/get angry at players who just want to go and watch which I’m sure happens very frequently.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you’re over 30 players all dino does is start teleporting? So the more players you have will simply counter the effects of the teleporting. If anything the teleporting seems like a counter to clans/servers trying to zerg the boss. I never understood what actually happens.
Not too log ago we had a bunch of 170-210 player come in and they were hitting it with neg en which I had to act as a bad guy in PM's to make them stop because asking politely doesn't seem to work, what's worse is this raid is so easily griefable, we can't even use stuff like maxed out offhand and divine rings, and now we even have to think about our own players teleporting, it's honestly a shame that this long after release there's this many flaws
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Not if it ported someone who has a specific role at the raid
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

So basically it teleports you and gives you a debuff, which isnt that big of a deal until it is your tanks, bashers, freezers ( if thats ur method), or druids getting teleported. Sure its not a big deal if you have 60 more players ready to replace them but the raid is designed for a max 30. It supposed to be killed with this limit. Shivah is right, the people who come in may be trying to watch or even help, but when they don't know what they are doing they are healing the boss, unfreezing adds, or dragging things out of position. Also on our world we have a rival clan who we are at "peace" with but as im typing this the disgruntled multi logger with a dozen 220+ toons is telling my clannies hes coming to grief us at our next raids.
Trouble1213 - 226 Rogue
Sardarthien - 221 Warrior
Kopis - 190 Rogue
Frosting - 220 Druid
- General of Ascension (Danu)

I do know the teleporting only effects those with the least amount of aggro (unless if it was changed) meaning your main Druids, main tank, and top dps won’t be teleported. So really only dps is being teleported which helps combat zerging. Offtanks will be teleported as well but to my understanding VR doesn’t intend for offtanking adds for this raid. I spoke with one of the developers during beta and he said the difficulty doesn’t scale with more players, meaning the teleporting is simply there to balance the raid out if you choose to bring the whole clan

Yea griefing will always be an issue, but I specifically stated those who simply want to watch.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

I do know the teleporting only effects those with the least amount of aggro (unless if it was changed) meaning your main Druids, main tank, and top dps won’t be teleported. So really only dps is being teleported which helps combat zerging. Offtanks will be teleported as well but to my understanding VR doesn’t intend for offtanking adds for this raid. I spoke with one of the developers during beta and he said the difficulty doesn’t scale with more players, meaning the teleporting is simply there to balance the raid out if you choose to bring the whole clan

Yea griefing will always be an issue, but I specifically stated those who simply want to watch.
Getting teleported is already an issue itself but then giving an afteraffect a full 2 minutes of negative energy is on another level of unfairness, it's more efficient to get cursed rather than waiting, there wasn't enough thought Into this, this was their first raid they created and too much stuff is coming out of the blue
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Getting teleported is already an issue itself but then giving an afteraffect a full 2 minutes of negative energy is on another level of unfairness, it's more efficient to get cursed rather than waiting, there wasn't enough thought Into this, this was their first raid they created and too much stuff is coming out of the blue
Doesn’t make the raid anymore difficult if you know not to attack with negative energy. 2 minutes is a bit long though for something you can’t really avoid.

VR wanted this to be a 30 person raid, but they also know since it’s open world of course clans will bring more than 30... so they put in this mechanic to balance it out. I really don’t think coming in with 30 or less players will make things any easier. Well maybe if it’s 30 well experienced players who know what they’re doing it’ll be a lot less messy but I don’t think many servers are capable of that. Plus I’m not sure if 30 players will be able to down it without all 30 having some of the best gear available prior to dino as VR intended dino to be a progression boss for players who’ve already hit the top or near top of previous content.