Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Response to griefing

You guys need to educate yourselfs... We didnt interfere with there chance of killing in any way shape or form. If they made smarter groups, and locked. It would have been them to kill. They coulda tried again even when we reset and had our team gathered after 15/20 min of outlock... but nah... instead end up on here because apparently that's griefing. Guess every clan ever has grieved snorris and even grommacks. Smh . You guys are something

A lock battle is a lock battle be it falgreen or bt. Dont make a difference
I don't think anyone is saying that a lock battle is griefing. Locking a boss that you can't/don't even attempt to kill is different though.
Hows that different from locking a boss and failing to kill it?
Because one has the intention to kill, the other is just trying to disrupt another clan’s kill?
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

This is one of those touchy subjects. Griefing I think is to hinder the raid entirely. However buying your clan time to log by locking is just executing a strategy to get the finished kill. It wont be popular to the losing team, but if its to troll and not finish the raid thats another story.
:POP:
Rosmerta
Level 222 Warrior and Druid
Cooking level191
Clan Oasis
YT: SaltyRuneProductions
YT: Seasalt Celtic Heroes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA0_s ... nVGiO53qyQ

I think forum mod should lock this topic before every player insult each other.
After playing for more than 3yrs. and not getting full frozen armor set because DOM clans will always outlocked you in boss fights, i realize thats part of the game. Whatever tactics DOM clan do to outlock other clan, this is their role. AND THIS IS JUST PART OF GAME.
After losing every boss fight to DOM clan, because their leader is a youtuber, JOKE!!! :lol: .
After losing every boss fight to DOM clan, from Falgren to Coppinger and to Frozen Bosses, i quit server LIR, server DONN, server CROM and TRANSFER to EPONA.
If youre tired of losing to DOM clan, just quit and transfer to EPONA.
But if you want competitive server, DOM server is best place for you. Just dont cry, like i always do when i loses to DOM clan.
Last edited by PrinceLelouch on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

This is one of those touchy subjects. Griefing I think is to hinder the raid entirely. However buying your clan time to log by locking is just executing a strategy to get the finished kill. It wont be popular to the losing team, but if its to troll and not finish the raid thats another story.
This pretty much sums up why the strategy performed is not technically griefing.

I’ll let the thread stay open for now, in case anyone else has some input or if an admin wants to provide an opinion, but if any clans/people are mentioned again I won’t hesitate to lock.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

The clan doing the locking will see it as strategy and the clan getting outlocked when they gathered 40-50 toons for gele while the other clan has 8 will see it as griefing.

When it was done to us we really didn't like it, people take time out of their day/job etc just to gather for a boss. If you lose the boss to a clan that kills then ok fair game, but another clan locking constantly just to hold hours till they get their 50 online? Crosses the line into griefing then, at least for me
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

I don't get it...why are you claiming the boss is yours just because you have the set amount of players, theres no mechanic that blocks players from locking and holding
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

I don't get it...why are you claiming the boss is yours just because you have the set amount of players, theres no mechanic that blocks players from locking and holding
Just like there's no mechanic stopping you from early bashing, it's still griefing. Once again I have to remind you that griefing does not mean going outside game mechanics.

Youtube Series here

I have seen a dom clan that outlocked the boss (with 30 players there on average) but still reset it after lockfight since lockfight was always messy and bashes were landed in wrong timings and xtals healed too much, at least when 30 was more or less the number ot kill gele with. Is them resetting it after winning to get clean shot griefing if they had the numbers in first place but wanted to do it clean from start? Speaking about having the numbers tho.
If you can kill going for lock isn't griefing, really isn't hard to understand.

Youtube Series here

The clan doing the locking will see it as strategy and the clan getting outlocked when they gathered 40-50 toons for gele while the other clan has 8 will see it as griefing.

When it was done to us we really didn't like it, people take time out of their day/job etc just to gather for a boss. If you lose the boss to a clan that kills then ok fair game, but another clan locking constantly just to hold hours till they get their 50 online? Crosses the line into griefing then, at least for me
Its a fair thing to be annoyed about, however I wasnt there. :/
Rosmerta
Level 222 Warrior and Druid
Cooking level191
Clan Oasis
YT: SaltyRuneProductions
YT: Seasalt Celtic Heroes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA0_s ... nVGiO53qyQ

I agree with most of what Chaotic said. I would consider it griefing and its different then just a lock fight.

The difference is the intent of the group that can't kill the raid. If you only have 8 toons you obviously can't kill whatever the raid is...lets say Gele all you are trying to do is stop the clan capable of killing it from doing so. You have zero intention of actually killing it. That's why i'd consider it griefing.

Now to the original question I'm very torn about it. Two wrongs don't make a right and I'm not sure what VRs stance on griefing is, but if there is 20 people standing in necro life steal or my tank is constantly being calmed to get dps killed or whatever form of griefing it is I'm sure there is a limit to how much a person can take. So I'd say try to hold back but it is fair and I would never blame someone for griefing a clan that is constantly griefing you.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals