Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Response to griefing

This is similar to the other post but I am going to address a different aspect. Try not to derail or get this post locked with clan fighting.

Someone in the other post asked me do I condone griefing.
Now generally I don't support griefing, however, if another clan is griefing, by either standing in necro lifesteal, bashing early on gele, locking and holding bosses till rage, etc. It may be required.

Sometimes the only way to respond is with griefing, absolutely don't use bugs to grief like wall resets or taunt bugs, use the tools given to you by your skills. Calm, roots, early bash (gele), standing at dhiothu to teleport people etc.

Now on Gwydion we had a similar experience, a clan was locking and holding bosses with 8-10 toons, it turned into a grief war yet within 48 hours they were ready to come to the table with an agreement as they realised griefing doesn't help either side.

So from personal experience, I support griefing only as a reaction never as an instigator.
My question to other people is do you think griefing is appropriate if you are being griefed?
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Re: Response to griefing

How is holding a boss griefing though, you lost and if they wipe/reset then you have another opportunity, what you're stating is not griefing until it's locked but if you're messing with the boss that's already been taken then you're definitely in the wrong.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

How is holding a boss griefing though, you lost and if they wipe/reset then you have another opportunity, what you're stating is not griefing until it's locked but if you're messing with the boss that's already been taken then you're definitely in the wrong.
^^^I 100% agree with this, it's different if the clan can't kill the boss and only steals lock to screw with you but when you're outlocking the comp to hold until your clan can finish gathering it isn't griefing at all... I'd rather outlock the other clan and wait 45 mins than let them have and wait days

Personally, I see it as griefing when you do gele with 8 dps 1 tank and 1 druid without even attempt to kill crystals. Maybe you don't, but that wasn't really the purpose of this topic.

Youtube Series here

Personally, I see it as griefing when you do gele with 8 dps 1 tank and 1 druid without even attempt to kill crystals. Maybe you don't, but that wasn't really the purpose of this topic.
Im certain that no one would get banned for it, i can see temporary bans happening if players were to interrupt another clans boss when they’ve already locked it but the boss doesn't belong do anyone until its been claimed, if they won then its theirs to do whatever with, i can understand the anger from the losing side but if a clans lock group is superior enough to win and get the rest of their clan on then theres really nothing i or anyone else can say about that.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Im certain that no one would get banned for it, i can see temporary bans happening if players were to interrupt another clans boss when they’ve already locked it but the boss doesn't belong do anyone until its been claimed, if they won then its theirs to do whatever with, i can understand the anger from the losing side but if a clans lock group is superior enough to win and get the rest of their clan on then theres really nothing i or anyone else can say about that.
Huh? Who said anything about bans. It is a game mechanic and it is for players in game to sort out, no need to get the devs involved.

Youtube Series here

Huh? Who said anything about bans. It is a game mechanic and it is for players in game to sort out, no need to get the devs involved.
I'm just pointing out that they're two different things where one has a consequence and the other is completely fine.

I didnt involve anyone
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

Agree with Chaotic. Pve elements aren't the only challenge intended by the designers obviously, given the toolkits/mechanics present in game. I mean honestly, calm is %100 a skill used to peel a boss off a tank. And Gele xtals heal when not frozen/down for a reason.

True competition uses all available means to come out on top, its just that simple. Win any way you can... sure, some people won't like it, but lixes don't have a guarantee in the description that reads "will instantly assure boss kills". Its use at your own risk.

It’s obviously not griefing because it’s simply how the mechanic works, but holding a boss with lock is abusing the mechanic I’d say. It’s not exploiting it, it’s using the lock mechanic in it’s intended way but not necessarily what OTM intended. It’s a dirty tactic at most
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Griefing does not mean going outside game mechanics, all it means is interfering with another clans raid. If you can't do the boss yourself and simply lock it to hold you're griefing, it is that simple. I don't really care to argue that though.

Youtube Series here