Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rogues compared to warriors

After the update I noticed that rogues are no longer that good. I often died by enemies that i see lvl 30 warriors killing now(I was level 50 at the time), and my stats weren't stacked to make sneak attack really strong. They were as stats should have been. I have all embossed plate armor and i have 678 hp, however bosses take me down not just a little faster than a warrior with the same case scenario, but a lot faster. When you down graded rogues you went a tad too far. I agree that warriors hp should last longer in battle, but only because of the armor they are wearing. Warriors also get the best weapons in the game. Can you please make the sword dagger damage ratio to something like 3(warriors):2(rogues). And can you please help the abilities of rogues just a little? I know there could be the problem of lower level characters getting weapons that are too powerful, so maybe you can start making weapons level restricted. Thank you for reading
Dudezzy, 59 rogue
world crom
Good job celtic heroes!

Re: Rogues compared to warriors

Ok well for Damage done it can be split into 2 different ways. How much damage with out skills and with skills. With out skills the best is probably a Rogue hands down. 2nd is a Warrior, 3rd a Ranger, 4th a Mage and last a Druid. Now that's great but the game has skills and there's really no point in not using them since if you don't someone else will. So with skills it's kinda obvious it's a Mage at the top. 2nd is a Warrior, 3rd a Rogue, 4th a Ranger and again the Druid in last. Even so in overal I personally think it goes Mage, Warrior, Ranger, Druid then Rogue. Why? Mages can solo bosses by using Energy Well and having 2k health. Warriors can have 400+ Armor and still deal massive damage with Pummel and Giant Swing. Rangers can attack from a distance which isn't super helpful but can heal during a fight 130+ each time making them super effective with out a Druid. Druids are a must for Boss fights and can heal massive amounts of health and can even manage to heal in a fight up to 400 and have extra armor. Rogues can weild a second dagger which is not a huge advantage currently. We can increase our Defense and Damage but it takes ALOT of energy and is way too much to be reasonable. Only way for us to stand a better chance is for Sneak Attack to do more damage when used with Hide. Have some of skills cost way less energy and for the duel weild daggers to have the second become better which it will in the next update. My 2 cents for now.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

No problem once the Beta is out il be making a Rogue and testing out all the stuff for bugs or glitches so hopefully little rants like this won't be happening and I'll just be plain old fun.

being a rogue is tough these days... the more others level up on my server and i see their strength i realize this. i'm not mad. the increased offhand damage and the ability to parry attacks sound pretty cool to me. i can't wait for the update :twisted:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."
World: Arawn
Annora (90)*****
Tsubame (66) ****
Tsunade (33)
LilRaven (25)

Clan: Serenity

I love how all the people who joined CH before the first update went rogue because of massive damage/easy kills and leveling, and now when they aren't better than all the other classes they think suddenly they're hard done by. Excuse me while I lol repeatedly... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

PS. I understand rogues find it harder to level now, but now you know how everyone else felt when a rogue was 10 levels behind you one minute, and 5 ahead the next.

PSS. Try being a warrior, they're awshum! :D (<--- Deliberate misspelling)
Lv52

Hmm the first guy I made was a Warrior. I got to 41 then got bored and made a Rogue and was able to surpass my Warrior easily. Now I made a Ranger which I'm having alot more fun then my Mage which I got bored of very easily having to up my abilities. For me I do what's fun not what's the best. If I did I'd be making a Mage but I just don't find them fun right now. Besides it's a game it's suppose to be fun but here always will be a competitive part to it but I'd rather set myself back a notch and have fun then play as something overpowered and have no fun at all.

My rogue currently has vey few problems with health or energy, as long as I have a chance to recover from fights. Monsters my level will leave me with enough hp gone to heal with a single bandage wounds, and after that I have more than enough time to regain the energy I lost. The only time I have a problem is when I'm forced to fight more than two mobs (I can effectively fight two by autoattacking one and using quickstrike on the other), or when I run into the rare mob that can see through my Hide. If they're high enough level to see me, I would really be in need of sneaky attack.

Sneaky attack does not seem underpowered to me (decreasing the energy cost slightly would help, though), as I can take out about half of a target's health with it, and it's only at lvl 6.

As a rogue, I can't take hits repeatedly, so I don't expect to be able to fight three or four monsters in a row without recovering. Being able to sneak past them sort of makes that unnecessary, anyway. What I have is a stealth class, that can deal out a lot of hits, and dodge a lot of the return fire. If you want a class that can run through the catacombs and take hits the entire way, go roll a warrior.

As for energy, if you want a lot of focus, you're never going to get a non-caster class that fits that bill. Add a little to your focus here and there, and learn to conserve it. Don't open with sneaky attack for every fight. Quick strike uses very little energy, and it has a fast cooldown, so let out a few of those in your encounters.