Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gele axe

Please try and refrain from bashing each other, guys.

Anyway, Wardon/Elfy - can either of you explain the rationale behind stating that a dark axe beats an edl sword? Everything I’ve read and calculated points to the sword destroying the axe.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Hell if you got apostates use whatever build you want lol.

Yea sure a EDL sword is going to compete with a void axe with BT rings and some apostate/troll braces. You have that kinda gear go edl sword. But I highly doubt any of that is readily accessible and basing a build of that seems a little far fetched.

Idk about you lot but I farmed for a apostate for a week, a troll brace for a couple days. Notta. BT sword rings if you got them hey gj only have had one axe ring drop from BT on my server. I highly doubt the op is anywhere close to this kinda gear. Ideally axe, blunt, and sword can all compete for the top spot with the new gear. But from what I can tell from the op asking about a dark gele axe I'm gonna say go with the gele axe. Axe necro rings Trump sword necro rings, havocs are better than prot bracers. Apostates are fake news.
Last edited by Wardon-CH on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

But from what I can tell from the op asking about a dark gele axe I'm gonna say go with the gele axe.
OK, let’s forget about gear.

Why does a Dark Axe beat an EDL sword?

But from what I can tell from the op asking about a dark gele axe I'm gonna say go with the gele axe.

What's this supposed to mean lol? Without gear edl sword probably/might compete with a void gele axe.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

What's this supposed to mean lol? Without gear edl sword gonna compete with void gele axe.
^ lol we can't forget about gear because we're under the assumption that the guy isn't gonna be in some nuts, insanely hard to get setup while having a dark gele axe lol the logic behind us saying axe is better is that axe gear is easier to find than gear that supports a sword build competing with void

What's this supposed to mean lol? Without gear edl sword probably/might compete with a void gele axe.
So what about gear makes an Dark axe beat an EDL sword? I’m so lost.

What’s inherently better about using an axe over a sword?

So what about gear makes an Dark axe beat an EDL sword? I’m so lost.

What’s inherently better about using an axe over a sword?
Bro higher damage on the stat page duh
Hi

So I was offering you the chance to elaborate your position beyond "Gele axe build over edl sword build always." before offering the counter argument, however you have chosen not to do so so here goes on why EDL Sword is superior.

In this post I'm going to be calculating the damages with 4 damage factors: Mainhand, Offhand, Aura damage bonus and Food (Exquisite Barabrith in this example):

The Gele Axe is 9% slower than the EDL Sword -
So let's quantify the speed difference: The Axe is 9% Slower than the sword, so 9% relative damage will be added to the end value (Excl. DS)

Next, a divine strike has a 5% proc chance and hits 3000, so every 22 seconds 1 divine strike hits = 136 Divine DPS

EDL Sword
175 Slash
1100 Attack speed (Rounded from 1104)
5% Proc chance

Dark Axe
190 Slash
1200 Attack Speed
180 Elemental

CG OH
40 Slash
250 Divine

Aura Bonus
200 Divine

Food Bonus
144 Pierce

So accounting for the speed difference -
EDL Sword:
391 Physical and 490 Divine damage, with an additional 136 Divine damage per second (DS).

Dark Gele Axe:
374 Physical and 450 Divine damage, with an additional 150 Fire damage per second.

TL;DR The attack speed bonus from the EDL sword heavily offsets any physical/Elemental bonus from the axe.

KEEP IN MIND ANY GEAR COMPARISON NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 9% BONUS IN ATTACK SPEED THE SWORD HAS
-For example a Runic Necklace using a sword vs an axe is 261 heat damage.

Hell if you got apostates use whatever build you want lol.

Yea sure a EDL sword is going to compete with a void axe with BT rings and some apostate/troll braces. You have that kinda gear go edl sword. But I highly doubt any of that is readily accessible and basing a build of that seems a little far fetched.

Idk about you lot but I farmed for a apostate for a week, a troll brace for a couple days. Notta. BT sword rings if you got them hey gj only have had one axe ring drop from BT on my server. I highly doubt the op is anywhere close to this kinda gear. Ideally axe, blunt, and sword can all compete for the top spot with the new gear. But from what I can tell from the op asking about a dark gele axe I'm gonna say go with the gele axe. Axe necro rings Trump sword necro rings, havocs are better than prot bracers. Apostates are fake news.
This. No one is saying dark axe beats edl sword alone but the progression you can get from going to shadow and to void axe along with the gear Wardon listed above makes axe build better imo.

@Robert those calculations are great but doesn't factor in skills at all which axe has the advantage in every skill. That will only grow as you upgrade your fates/axe not to mention the skill points from havocs are quite useful.

Btw a certain "progression" boss doesn't take divine dmg so you def don't want edl sword there.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

So I was offering you the chance to elaborate your position beyond "Gele axe build over edl sword build always." before offering the counter argument, however you have chosen not to do so so here goes on why EDL Sword is superior.

In this post I'm going to be calculating the damages with 4 damage factors: Mainhand, Offhand, Aura damage bonus and Food (Exquisite Barabrith in this example):

The Gele Axe is 9% slower than the EDL Sword -
So let's quantify the speed difference: The Axe is 9% Slower than the sword, so 9% relative damage will be added to the end value (Excl. DS)

Next, a divine strike has a 5% proc chance and hits 3000, so every 22 seconds 1 divine strike hits = 136 Divine DPS

EDL Sword
175 Slash
1100 Attack speed (Rounded from 1104)
5% Proc chance

Dark Axe
190 Slash
1200 Attack Speed
180 Elemental

CG OH
40 Slash
250 Divine

Aura Bonus
200 Divine

Food Bonus
144 Pierce

So accounting for the speed difference -
EDL Sword:
391 Physical and 490 Divine damage, with an additional 136 Divine damage per second (DS).

Dark Gele Axe:
374 Physical and 450 Divine damage, with an additional 150 Fire damage per second.

TL;DR The attack speed bonus from the EDL sword heavily offsets any physical/Elemental bonus from the axe.

KEEP IN MIND ANY GEAR COMPARISON NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 9% BONUS IN ATTACK SPEED THE SWORD HAS
-For example a Runic Necklace using a sword vs an axe is 261 heat damage.
Also didn't factor in gele axe skill