Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Quick Question

Interesting question.

The obvious answer is that the game treats 220 and above as the same when it comes to lock penalty, with no additional lock penalty applied past 220, so neither would have a level advantage from the mob...it would come down to whoever deals the most damage first (unless the level cap was changed recently and I didn't hear about it).

The interesting part is the question of what would happen if 2 characters did the exact same amount of damage at the exact same millisecond in order to lock something? I know that's practically impossible, and this is a hypothetical idea, but would the boss not lock? If it takes say 100 damage for player x and player z to lock a certain mob, and they both attack at the exact same millisecond, dealing 100 damage each...what might happen? :ugeek:
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Interesting question.

The obvious answer is that the game treats 220 and above as the same when it comes to lock penalty, with no additional lock penalty applied past 220, so neither would have a level advantage from the mob...it would come down to whoever deals the most damage first (unless the level cap was changed recently and I didn't hear about it).

The interesting part is the question of what would happen if 2 characters did the exact same amount of damage at the exact same millisecond in order to lock something? I know that's practically impossible, and this is a hypothetical idea, but would the boss not lock? If it takes say 100 damage for player x and player z to lock a certain mob, and they both attack at the exact same millisecond, dealing 100 damage each...what might happen? :ugeek:
I don’t believe the damage can be entered parallel, but I’m not a programmer. I assume it would then be broken down to something arbitrary to keep it serial; like alphabetically. In the extremely unlikely event that the locking damage was received serverside at the exact same millisecond, there’s got to be something, probably top level, that determines which is processed first.

It’s possible it could be rendered a tie until the next entry if it calculated after the fact with timestamps.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Interesting question.

The one that has lowest latency
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid