Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#91
LadyNymeria wrote:
Soccer wrote:
LadyNymeria wrote:
Once a clan disbands there's simply noway to sell or distribute fairly anyway so idk what's the point of the argument because of course the one that holds the access can do as they see fit. Non corrupt leaders should at least have a discussion about this before a clan disbands with their members. Perhaps pass the items over to the next clan that majority goes too would be the best solution.

Unless the general hijacks banks out of nowhere then that's different .

You're just bringing up worst case situations at this point in your prejudice against clans and it's off topic from what the thread intended.


Exactly! Most reasons for a clan breakup would result in the unfair distribution of items to clan generals (those who have access to banks as you plainly put it). Thank you for admitting that.

You cannot simply discount such a possibility because you don't have enough foresight to appreciate how things can go wrong even when everyone is trying to make things right.

How can you tell your clanmates to their faces that their gear is not theirs after all the time and effort they put in and then say in the case of a breakup of any kind, it is ok to accept that there would be unfair distribution of gear because it'd be too hard to distribute it fairly and that people with bank access would ultimately have final say on bank content?

So yes, this very much does tie in with the OP.


Okay I see your point of view now.

This goes back to the agreement to trade in and up on gear and pass down to other members vs keeping it just to sit unused in an inventory. Bank gear on the other hand is gear no one wants or needs.

Clan members have been very vocal when people have sold off gear. We used to just tell them they can't win that gear again since they obviously didn't need it to begin with if they chose to sell.
But Ascension as a whole doesn't want to play with people who take items over others to sell off ... so we now kick them.

Keep in mind if they leave on their own we don't ask for it back but we just don't want to continue to gear people that will sell it off anyway. There's no point in wasting drops on people who aren't end game minded and just looking to make gold. They're not advancing clan and probably one of the people who don't really want to be in clan to begin with. ..It's just the option they have. It's our option not to keep them.


No, do not put words in my mouth. Trading up gear is fine if it will help the clan, never said anything against that. But players should have a sense of ownership of their currently used gear. Such as when they leave. If not, it goes back to my whole generals owning everything explanation I gave above.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#93
Zkills wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Soccer wrote:
Hoarding is just amassing money and objects of value to hide or store away. So yes it is hoarding.

Is the hoarding done for a purpose? In this case your suggesting it's to stifle competition. But it is still hoarding.


Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.

What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#94
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.

What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.

Exactly this, clans are made for a reason and if you dont agree with it then this style of gameplay isnt for you. We work to better ourselves not our rivals
Ascension

226+ Rogue
221+ Mage
170+ Warrior
220+ Mage
190 Locker
170+ Druid

#JoinThe G.O.A.T Trend

Image

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#95
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.

What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.


Excellent, another person who posts without bothering to read the previous posts. The whole go make a comp clan with your lock advantage no longer applies (unless you think comp should be satisfied killing up to aggy). Here's my post from a couple of days ago explaining why:

"The way the game is heading is making it near impossible for new clans to grow and be able to compete for end game items. With all godly gear at lvl220 and the lock penalty gone, the new gear which in theory was supposed to help push clans away from lower lvl bosses has made it easier for them to further monopolise (someone like 230 was saying with his eg gear he can lock mordris just as well as a locker) since spawn times are so long. And all additions have been added to build up on each other. So to kill Dino, people should have a bunch of BT stuff, etc. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, I'm just describing what is happening. Opportunities to help those outside of Dom clans were severely overlooked imo, for example VR neglected to add any new lux items this update. So how does this relate to the OP? While it is true that in theory it would be in your right to tell someone, if you don't like the clan rules of returning gear, go find another clan or go solo; in reality on many servers that translates to if you don't like the clan rules, you can accept the fact you would not have access to lots of the higher level gear while playing in a different clan or leave the server, for the reasons I explained above. Based on the dynamics of the way servers have delevoped into, it is not as simple as don't join our clan if you expect the gear you earn with points to belong to you. Now that does not necessarily excuse someone for joining a clan for gear and expecting to keep the items should they leave, but there are reasons behind such actions and expectations."

So don't try to push that crap of if you don't like the Dom clan then leave when people put so much resources into the game often before they even fully comprehend the dynamics of the server (only actual potential solution was to have a clan description when creating a new toon as suggested by someone else on this thread).

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#96
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.

What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.

Idk if you’ve ever been apart of a comp clan, but it’s extremely difficult and frustrating because 80% of the time you will lose and you will always be out powered by dom clans unless if it’s their down hours. It’s why competition is a dying trend and Epona is getting more and more popular. Dom clans are increasingly getting better and better with bosses like BT and Gele while comp clans are stuck with the junk... a few occasionally lucky pulls from a necro, Mordy or prot and maybe a gele kill or two.

Of course there are instances where the comp clan pulls ahead like on Mabon, Lugh or Morrigan, but then you become the very thing you were fighting against and then others become outsiders. So what did you really accomplish for the server besides making more players quit the game or leave the server?
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#97
Zkills wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.

Idk if you’ve ever been apart of a comp clan, but it’s extremely difficult and frustrating because 80% of the time you will lose and you will always be out powered by dom clans unless if it’s their down hours. It’s why competition is a dying trend and Epona is getting more and more popular. Dom clans are increasingly getting better and better with bosses like BT and Gele while comp clans are stuck with the junk... a few occasionally lucky pulls from a necro, Mordy or prot and maybe a gele kill or two.

Of course there are instances where the comp clan pulls ahead like on Mabon, Lugh or Morrigan, but then you become the very thing you were fighting against and then others become outsiders. So what did you really accomplish for the server besides making more players quit the game or leave the server?


So true

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#98
Some people like dom clans, some hate it, if you do hate it just xfer to epona or try to fight it and make another open server, if u fail that just means majority of people dont wanna join you and they r happy, crying here wont do any
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Op killer lvl 221 rogue

Legacyte 220 tank

Withered tree 215 druid

Azraell 181 locker ranger

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#99
Zkills wrote:Dom clans are increasingly getting better and better with bosses like BT and Gele while comp clans are stuck with the junk... a few occasionally lucky pulls from a necro, Mordy or prot and maybe a gele kill or two.


This has a pretty big impact on the original point of this thread. Comp clans tend to get few and far between endgame bosses, which usually leads to the "Clan Owned Gear" idea. They fought hard as a clan to get limited gear, and therefore want to see that hard won gear be used by the clan to help gear the other clanmates, rather than whoever got it sometime deciding to leave the clan and take that really good gear with them.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#100
Legacyte wrote:Some people like dom clans, some hate it, if you do hate it just xfer to epona or try to fight it and make another open server, if u fail that just means majority of people dont wanna join you and they r happy, crying here wont do any


Many who are happy in their Dom clan still do not believe that all gear they earn is not their own. So this can't be boiled down to Dom vs comp clan. Nice try

No one here is crying, we are having a discussion so stop whining when people try to discuss topics you don't like.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests