Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Would you start a new clan or join a small clan to compete with endgame clans?

I would like to hear the opinion from the developers and also what the community is thinking. My answer to this question would be a clear no. Although I have highest respect for clans that try to compete with endgame clans, I do not see how they could. BT gear formed a gap which is in my opinion unbridgeable (same with Dino gear if it will be killed frequently). Larger clans have well geared lock toons for everything. Increased spawn rates will hardly help smaller clans they just make the big clans grow faster.
Is this the way VR wants the game to go; a few clans doing all the raids? I am slightly disapointed. When i started 4 years ago, it has been a lively game. It is kind of sad to anticipate the future of the game; kill the next new raid boss for better gear to get ready for the next raid boss which drops better gear to get ready for..... you know what comes here. Smaller clans do not fit to this concept.

What is your opinion? And what are the ideas of VR to make CH an exciting game for smaller clans again?

Re: Would you start a new clan or join a small clan to compete with endgame clans?

Instead of making clans fight each other for bosses when there is a massive size difference, let there be a natural progression.

Same way aggy is now irrelevant, there needs to be bosses implemented to make hrung and necro irrelevant, so smaller clans can kill them without competition. BT kind of does this, just not quick enough.

My server has it probably the worst, considering mordris (and everything above) has only ever been killed by the same clan.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Re: Would you start a new clan or join a small clan to compete with endgame clans?

Dom clans have become a feature of the game. Like all clans they have their own rules and systems that work for some and not others. Every time I’ve been in a dom clan I’ve found it hard to deal with not being able to help x,y or z player, group or clan. I’ve also noticed in some, not all, dom clans have a tendency to stash drops in a “clan bank” where they never see the light of day again or gearing of chief or general alts takes priority takes precedence over gearing others. Again I’m not saying this is a given it’s just what I have seen so please don’t think I’m bashing all dom clans as each one will be different.
To the question of creating your own clan to compete with eg clans. It’s all about what you get or want to get from the game. For some that’s the newest gear and the thrill of raids. For others it’s about being part of the community. Personally I tend to play in a solo clan these days as I enjoy not having rules regarding whom I can help and when I can help them. I have good friends in all of the clans on my server and they know they can call me for help if they need it.
Warrior Anavrin 217
Rogue Instant Tickles 210
Druid JimmyTheGripper 185
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

A lot of the dominant clans put years into killing bosses like Aggy, Hrung, Mordris and Necro (even frozen, dl and edl). But it seems like lot of people seem to feel like they should just be able to lix to 200-220 and immediately start killing Endgame bosses. They want a shot at Mordy but can't tell you where OW bosses are since they bought all their stuff from AH instead of bossing for it.

If you're starting a clan it's a good idea to try to find other people who have the same mindset as you. People who are ok with working their way up steadily as opposed to just WANTING stuff. But then you'd have to have the same mindset.

If you're joining another clan, are they looking to progress or are they already defeated by the sheet though of the dim clan?

The idea of chasing/toppling the dom clan can make the game more interesting.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Dom clans have become a feature of the game. Like all clans they have their own rules and systems that work for some and not others. Every time I’ve been in a dom clan I’ve found it hard to deal with not being able to help x,y or z player, group or clan. I’ve also noticed in some, not all, dom clans have a tendency to stash drops in a “clan bank” where they never see the light of day again or gearing of chief or general alts takes priority takes precedence over gearing others. Again I’m not saying this is a given it’s just what I have seen so please don’t think I’m bashing all dom clans as each one will be different.
To the question of creating your own clan to compete with eg clans. It’s all about what you get or want to get from the game. For some that’s the newest gear and the thrill of raids. For others it’s about being part of the community. Personally I tend to play in a solo clan these days as I enjoy not having rules regarding whom I can help and when I can help them. I have good friends in all of the clans on my server and they know they can call me for help if they need it.
What clan gears gens alts before others on our server?
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis

A lot of the dominant clans put years into killing bosses like Aggy, Hrung, Mordris and Necro (even frozen, dl and edl). But it seems like lot of people seem to feel like they should just be able to lix to 200-220 and immediately start killing Endgame bosses. They want a shot at Mordy but can't tell you where OW bosses are since they bought all their stuff from AH instead of bossing for it.

If you're starting a clan it's a good idea to try to find other people who have the same mindset as you. People who are ok with working their way up steadily as opposed to just WANTING stuff. But then you'd have to have the same mindset.

If you're joining another clan, are they looking to progress or are they already defeated by the sheet though of the dim clan?

The idea of chasing/toppling the dom clan can make the game more interesting.
The clan im in on nuada, we have killed all bosses up to dl, we are progressive, we like to see people attend to bosses first and donate to the clan for other people before getting geared, this way they know where bosses are, they know they won't get a free ride in upcoming bosses that we hope to defeat and its a chance to actually work for things and feel better about gaining said item without having it completely given, and we are fair also, alts are second priority over mains, so unless we dont have enough of an item we wont give to alts xD
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis

Instead of making clans fight each other for bosses when there is a massive size difference, let there be a natural progression.

Same way aggy is now irrelevant, there needs to be bosses implemented to make hrung and necro irrelevant, so smaller clans can kill them without competition. BT kind of does this, just not quick enough.

My server has it probably the worst, considering mordris (and everything above) has only ever been killed by the same clan.
We lost a Hrung today. I did not shed a tear. :)
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

We lost a Hrung today. I did not shed a tear. :)
We did? Lol didn’t realize hrung was still a thing. Just kidding.

As soon as we start killing Diothu I feel like Mord and Necro will become a complete afterthought. Especially seeing more helmets from BLoodthorn.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

As soon as we start killing Diothu I feel like Mord and Necro will become a complete afterthought. Especially seeing more helmets from BLoodthorn.
Youd think so lol. Problem is the drop rates are so bad that in a lot of cases the old loot will still be an upgrade for endgame players. So your clan is killing BT and you're waiting on a helm to drop, meanwhile the clan on the rise kills Mordy and a void helm drops. Or you're hoping for an abil ring to replace your mighty oblivion and another clan kills Necro for godly oblivion.

If only there were a way to make the tons of previously collected, lower tier drops more useful...
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!