Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Auction House

Okay, everyone keep your cool. It is literally just an idea. I feel like this topic has made me more toxic and the community. So, I am no longer going to be posting on this topic.

Since I am leaving, here are my closing arguments.
First: I feel like this idea would start off benefiting the small servers, but would eventually benefit evrryone. I feel like the economy for all servers will seem better with a combined economy.

Second: There are certainly issues that VR would have to resolve and I don't think there are any significant problems/unintended features that would break the global auction house.
1. Xferring: Just add a 20% tariff to prevent people from sending money over. Allow items to be seen 20+ secs before any purchases are made to make any xferring attempt too risky.
2. Damaged economies: There will only be one economy. The only way an economy can suffer is if the whole thing is hurt.
3. Lag: I don't know why you brought this up Sly because the developers didn't make the current AH to be global. That is why there is lag. They could do rotating binary-search trees to make their program more efficient. They could also use a hash dictionary. My point is, they allowed lag because they didn't want to spend a lot of time reducing it when it wouldn't be global, which is smart.
4. Growth charms and other server exclusive: NO GLOBAL TRADE tag. VR could even make Server exclusive items if they wanted, but that seems like a lot of work.
5. One set on server: Add a "Sell locally" button
6. Clan Quest item scammer: Add a "Clan sellers" button (Secret sellers are not helped by the global AH and have been a problem since the start)

Third: I think this would add functionality to the LTLS and the global tavern

Finally: Okay yes, I am from an unstable economy Sulis. Yes, I am biased and want others to help my economy. However, I have checked out other servers and I am going to change my mindset to how this will not just help Sulis, but everyone. Which, I kind have been trying to do before.

How will this benefit everyone?

First: By creating just one economy, VR will have to start thinking of ways to keep that one economy great. They will save themselves a headache because some of the things they add are great for some server's economies, but bad for others. So, by making a global ah, they would only have to focus on one economy. With VR focusing on one economy, the economy will be more likely to do better.

Second: I just opened 200 chests (don't judge). I have noticed that most the items were not good for ME, but for everyone else. I just need to sell the items so I can make the gold to buy something I would like. VR does this because they want to encourage trades. Many people from other servers may want some of the items I am selling, but I can't sell to them. I am limited to sell just to my server. Just like some items are not good for me, some items are valued more on other servers than my own. That is the true reason why some pet tokens are 30k and some servers make it 50k (not inflation because some of the items on the 30k server sell the same on the 50k server. See for your self. Espona vs Sulis).

My point is this isn't just as clear cut as I thought. I used to believe, "My server doesn't have a good economy and I need a global ah to fix it."

now it's, "My server doesn't value the item I want to sell and another server would like to have it instead."

You can even see that it this forum as some are worried about their weapons. Some are worried about their plat sellers. Some are worried about their dl/edl drops.I

Some servers don't believe in selling clan drops. Some do.

Third: When starting a new account, people can choose based on the crowd they want. They don't have to choose based on what economy is the best. There are benefits besides a good economy to both.

Big server:
-Even with a combined economy there are economical benefits. You have access to local sellers (people who only use the "Sell locally" feature)
A lot more of the items won't have the tariff attached. The tariff cost is only added to trades across servers and it is on the buyer side.

For example, I sell a pet token on Sulis for 50k. If the tariff was 20%, then on Espona, that same pet token would be 60k.

We could even make tariffs for different servers different if most people want that.I

-Big servers can also kill raid bosses easier than smaller servers.

Small servers

There are more spots open for fishing and more bosses up in General.

Lastly, this would not just help everyone economy wise. The global ah would also promote the global tavern since people will be asking others to add things to the global ah. I think everyone will have a chance to meet new people constantly. I personally have no reason to go to the global tavern and check out the forum and you will see many people agree. With a global ah people will be more likely to go to the global tavern and stay. When they stay at the global tavern, they are more likely to meet people who have common interests and more likely to make new friendships. I saw a little bit of this in the global arena. I feel like I know a lot of people in the server I am on and I think adding a purpose to the global tavern would actually allow me to make more friends as well. Just a thought .

Anyways that is all. I am done posting on this forum and want to move on with my life :lol:. It has been up for a few days. If anyone is wondering it is pretty balanced at +2 with 24 votes.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Okay, everyone keep your cool. It is literally just an idea. I feel like this topic has made me more toxic and the community. So, I am no longer going to be posting on this topic.

Since I am leaving, here are my closing arguments.
First: I feel like this idea would start off benefiting the small servers, but would eventually benefit evrryone. I feel like the economy for all servers will seem better with a combined economy.

Second: There are certainly issues that VR would have to resolve and I don't think there are any significant problems/unintended features that would break the global auction house.
1. Xferring: Just add a 20% tariff to prevent people from sending money over. Allow items to be seen 20+ secs before any purchases are made to make any xferring attempt too risky.
2. Damaged economies: There will only be one economy. The only way an economy can suffer is if the whole thing is hurt.
3. Lag: I don't know why you brought this up Sly because the developers didn't make the current AH to be global. That is why there is lag. They could do rotating binary-search trees to make their program more efficient. They could also use a hash dictionary. My point is, they allowed lag because they didn't want to spend a lot of time reducing it when it wouldn't be global, which is smart.
4. Growth charms and other server exclusive: NO GLOBAL TRADE tag. VR could even make Server exclusive items if they wanted, but that seems like a lot of work.
5. One set on server: Add a "Sell locally" button
6. Clan Quest item scammer: Add a "Clan sellers" button (Secret sellers are not helped by the global AH and have been a problem since the start)

Third: I think this would add functionality to the LTLS and the global tavern

Finally: Okay yes, I am from an unstable economy Sulis. Yes, I am biased and want others to help my economy. However, I have checked out other servers and I am going to change my mindset to how this will not just help Sulis, but everyone. Which, I kind have been trying to do before.

How will this benefit everyone?

First: By creating just one economy, VR will have to start thinking of ways to keep that one economy great. They will save themselves a headache because some of the things they add are great for some server's economies, but bad for others. So, by making a global ah, they would only have to focus on one economy. With VR focusing on one economy, the economy will be more likely to do better.

Second: I just opened 200 chests (don't judge). I have noticed that most the items were not good for ME, but for everyone else. I just need to sell the items so I can make the gold to buy something I would like. VR does this because they want to encourage trades. Many people from other servers may want some of the items I am selling, but I can't sell to them. I am limited to sell just to my server. Just like some items are not good for me, some items are valued more on other servers than my own. That is the true reason why some pet tokens are 30k and some servers make it 50k (not inflation because some of the items on the 30k server sell the same on the 50k server. See for your self. Espona vs Sulis).

My point is this isn't just as clear cut as I thought. I used to believe, "My server doesn't have a good economy and I need a global ah to fix it."

now it's, "My server doesn't value the item I want to sell and another server would like to have it instead."

You can even see that it this forum as some are worried about their weapons. Some are worried about their plat sellers. Some are worried about their dl/edl drops.I

Some servers don't believe in selling clan drops. Some do.

Third: When starting a new account, people can choose based on the crowd they want. They don't have to choose based on what economy is the best. There are benefits besides a good economy to both.

Big server:
-Even with a combined economy there are economical benefits. You have access to local sellers (people who only use the "Sell locally" feature)
A lot more of the items won't have the tariff attached. The tariff cost is only added to trades across servers and it is on the buyer side.

For example, I sell a pet token on Sulis for 50k. If the tariff was 20%, then on Espona, that same pet token would be 60k.

We could even make tariffs for different servers different if most people want that.I

-Big servers can also kill raid bosses easier than smaller servers.

Small servers

There are more spots open for fishing and more bosses up in General.

Lastly, this would not just help everyone economy wise. The global ah would also promote the global tavern since people will be asking others to add things to the global ah. I think everyone will have a chance to meet new people constantly. I personally have no reason to go to the global tavern and check out the forum and you will see many people agree. With a global ah people will be more likely to go to the global tavern and stay. When they stay at the global tavern, they are more likely to meet people who have common interests and more likely to make new friendships. I saw a little bit of this in the global arena. I feel like I know a lot of people in the server I am on and I think adding a purpose to the global tavern would actually allow me to make more friends as well. Just a thought .

Anyways that is all. I am done posting on this forum and want to move on with my life :lol:. It has been up for a few days. If anyone is wondering it is pretty balanced at +2 with 24 votes.
+1 great summary

As it covers everything, I will also stop posting on the threat as theres nothing new to be added. Arguments are starting up for the sake of arguing with no intended purpose which doesn't help anyone.

Good job to all those who remained civil on both sides of the camp. It was a good discussion.

-1. Just because some servers arent as active it doesnt mean we need to kill them. U dont kill the weak, u help them, and this will kill them not help. If u think ppl wont use it to run away from their servers then ur up for a sad truth, because servers WILL DIE from it. Helping specific servers would be best if VR closed the registry on the most thriving servers where BT and such are killed regularly and with ease, especially if on spawn. It cant and shouldnt be automated, VR should actually do it by hand.

Yea ppl will complain u cant register to their server anymore, but thats the hting in life, the rich only get richer. Only if u are the one in power (@VR) u can change that equation.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

IMO theres nothing that is at all warranting a change to a degree that could fk the economy or improve the economy, and no one can 100% guarentee which way it will go. I think whoever said it is basically just servers who arent doing aswell wanting is accurate. I see no point to this, very useless update that you guys are wanting priority over EVERYTHING ELSE APPEARENTLY.

I can almost guarentee you that if this is implemented, even with a closed and open beta, there will be auction house bugs or glitches that will fk someone over. Its a very high chance with how massive of a change this will be.

I personally see no point to this being implemented. Its not for community, we already have that.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

+1, we absolutely need a global auction house, and yes, global trade too.

The longer you wait, the more its gonna hurt to do. May as well implement it now.

No changes should be made to the system behind making it global, no import taxes or any of that. It would only sway people away from trading.

Allowing all world trade would solve a few issues:
Dieing worlds could get a boost(gear if they cant kill bosses, and more people if the popular worlds are too contested)
Inflation would be solved in some worlds
All worlds would get a trade boost(yes, even popular worlds)
Xfers wouldnt exist anymore so no one would have to risk getting scammed
Android servers and Nuada could get ios only items finally
Worlds where clans hoard drops would finally have some sense of freedom/hope

Basically, it would be a positive thing for 99% of the population. And no, this would not benefit the super rich, in fact it would likely hurt us. On lugh, rare items are more expensive then on most worlds, and I would likely lose 25-50% of my value, and I'm still in favor of this because it would help the average player. Stuff would be much easier to find and sell in a global market.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

-1. Just because some servers arent as active it doesnt mean we need to kill them. U dont kill the weak, u help them, and this will kill them not help. If u think ppl wont use it to run away from their servers then ur up for a sad truth, because servers WILL DIE from it. Helping specific servers would be best if VR closed the registry on the most thriving servers where BT and such are killed regularly and with ease, especially if on spawn. It cant and shouldnt be automated, VR should actually do it by hand.

Yea ppl will complain u cant register to their server anymore, but thats the hting in life, the rich only get richer. Only if u are the one in power (@VR) u can change that equation.
We had a season of comp last year that was ridiculous. It was fairly civil, but it was 24/7 for about 90+ days. Ultimately, the losing clan folded. And when they couldn’t do anything else, about 20 characters were sold and those individuals left everything, got rid of everything. It basically was the end of an era because those individuals had come back year after year, had even been dom a few times.

You think that those servers would have an exodus, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see many underdog clans get out from under dom by moving their things to another server. They could easily establish themselves and kill bosses while integrating with the remaining population.

People don’t want to quit this game. I know if I was faced with a similar problem, I’d be recruiting my ass off to bring players to a smaller server. All the benefits of a global economy without the bloat.

The ability to shift your boss gear to another server and start fresh would make those small servers sought after for many.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

+1, we absolutely need a global auction house, and yes, global trade too.

The longer you wait, the more its gonna hurt to do. May as well implement it now.

No changes should be made to the system behind making it global, no import taxes or any of that. It would only sway people away from trading.

Allowing all world trade would solve a few issues:
Dieing worlds could get a boost(gear if they cant kill bosses, and more people if the popular worlds are too contested)
Inflation would be solved in some worlds
All worlds would get a trade boost(yes, even popular worlds)
Xfers wouldnt exist anymore so no one would have to risk getting scammed
Android servers and Nuada could get ios only items finally
Worlds where clans hoard drops would finally have some sense of freedom/hope

Basically, it would be a positive thing for 99% of the population. And no, this would not benefit the super rich, in fact it would likely hurt us. On lugh, rare items are more expensive then on most worlds, and I would likely lose 25-50% of my value, and I'm still in favor of this because it would help the average player. Stuff would be much easier to find and sell in a global market.
+ 1
Totally right. Cant agree with you more!

We had a season of comp last year that was ridiculous. It was fairly civil, but it was 24/7 for about 90+ days. Ultimately, the losing clan folded. And when they couldn’t do anything else, about 20 characters were sold and those individuals left everything, got rid of everything. It basically was the end of an era because those individuals had come back year after year, had even been dom a few times.

You think that those servers would have an exodus, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see many underdog clans get out from under dom by moving their things to another server. They could easily establish themselves and kill bosses while integrating with the remaining population.

People don’t want to quit this game. I know if I was faced with a similar problem, I’d be recruiting my ass off to bring players to a smaller server. All the benefits of a global economy without the bloat.

The ability to shift your boss gear to another server and start fresh would make those small servers sought after for many.
Or u know... Make the game actually worth playing rather than funneling everyone into very few servers they could thrive on. Cus good gameplay > server xfers. Good gameplay has no cons, server xfers do. They ideally wont contradict each other, but in reality when u add server xfers, every time u will complain about how u find this or that server falling apart cus of this or that bad mechanic in the game, all u will be told is to move servers.

What will u do when u have to keep moving out cus perhaps its not the server that doesnt fit, but the game?
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Or u know... Make the game actually worth playing rather than funneling everyone into very few servers they could thrive on. Cus good gameplay > server xfers. Good gameplay has no cons, server xfers do. They ideally wont contradict each other, but in reality when u add server xfers, every time u will complain about how u find this or that server falling apart cus of this or that bad mechanic in the game, all u will be told is to move servers.

What will u do when u have to keep moving out cus perhaps its not the server that doesnt fit, but the game?
I’m sorry, but if you keep losing...
And you can’t find a home that suits you...

Is it everyone else’s fault?

Or your own....
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader