Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

Alternatively, we considered the Tavern as an option for a new Global Zone, and a few of you have suggested that to us as well. We are still considering it and will re-evaluate after the weekend...
Please no. Cooking is already boring and time consuming, if you make the tavern a global area then it will be extremely laggy as well and no one will be willing to do it.
Yes, it’s much better to have lag in the area you have to go for banking, auctions, bounties, and gladiators. Let’s keep cooking secluded to a single, otherwise useless zone.

Tavern. 110%. There’s no block function for the spam, no resolution to gladiators being multi server, too many people trying to get bounties and battle mount resurrection. Social is what the tavern was intended to be. Move it there.

Personally I just don’t think tavern is big enough to handle being a social hub for all the servers. As much as it would make more sense, I feel like whatever lag is experienced now in castle would be even worse in the tavern if they just traded the castle for the tavern, and because it’s such a small area, probably wouldn’t be as fixable.

Maybe once global castle is stable and working properly they can make tavern global as well, so global socializing is a bit more spread out depending on what you like to do and not so overwhelming and concentrated in one spot. It would be nice to hangout with the chefs of other servers tbh.

Hopefully the glads get moved elsewhere, because yea lol keeping them in a cross server castle is just not a good idea at all. Would be nice for the bounty board to be moved but at least fixed and working would be appreciated. I couldn’t even get a bounty when I was logged in.

All in all I hope the bugs get worked out, and hopefully the castle won’t get super annoying to be in once it’s settled down a bit and things are fixed and working properly. And hopefully this is a step towards global trading, because that would be nice imo. This change does seem a little lackluster and pointless without that, but hopefully in the future.
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

I just can’t comprehend what’s so important about making castle “global”? The negatives far outweigh the positives.. can anyone give me a real reason why this is needed and why having all these major issues it implements are disregarded simply so u can chat or dual people from other servers?

I just can’t comprehend what’s so important about making castle “global”? The negatives far outweigh the positives.. can anyone give me a real reason why this is needed and why having all these major issues it implements are disregarded simply so u can chat or dual people from other servers?
The way I see it, most of the complaints so far have either been about the lag, or the massive amount of people talking and spamming in the castle (let's separate that from the lag).

The lag and slow loading is not relevant at the moment, VR is working on fixing that...the update has literally been out for half a day, and it went out near midday for them, give them a chance to fix it before getting too upset about that. If it's still really laggy another week from now, that is when it becomes an actual issue imo.

As for the interaction with other players from other servers, the chance for one on one duels, the bragging and showing off of cool stuff, etc. That's subjective to each person. I'm sure there are plenty of players who enjoy that. That's why I think some sort of "block non-server shouts" and "block non-server say" options should be added to the chat settings. Not a general "block all other server players", but more specific, so someone from out-of-server could still whisper you, but you don't have to see 25 people from other servers shouting what they are selling/buying for example.

I'm not really sure what else there is that is really a negative about it, or what "major issues" there are (again, temporary lag doesn't really factor into the overall change as a whole).

That being said, I wouldn't go so far as to say that this was a necessary change, more of an unnecessary change that some people will enjoy, others will be bugged by, and still others won't really care either way. I guess the worst part for me is the fact that players are forced to visit this cross-server section. I wasn't a fan of the Global Arena upon launch, but that never really bugged me because I didn't have to visit it.

I think a better implementation of this would have been to split the castle into two parts, moving the auction house/bank/bounty section into the alleyways, and turning the main courtyard into the cross server section...where players could go to simply hang out and do one on one duels.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Horrible idea, not everyone has $1000 to waste on the best device. It's a shame going into the castle nearly bricked my $200 phone because it made it lag so bad. It lagged so bad it made my phone lag even when rebooting. Hell at least put the ah in an alternative spot or place another place to access it in a less crowded area so those with cheaper devices can play properly and enjoy the game.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Also I will add, why is there no option to filter other servers out? Anyone with common sense would know that this many resources would overload your typical mobile device. We aren't playing a pc mmo, seems our devs need to keep that in mind.
kings pride
mabon - my main server
fingal - what happens in vegas, stays in vegas

Also I will add, why is there no option to filter other servers out? Anyone with common sense would know that this many resources would overload your typical mobile device. We aren't playing a pc mmo, seems our devs need to keep that in mind.
scwihing played wow he knows best pls no toxic
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

The way I see it, most of the complaints so far have either been about the lag, or the massive amount of people talking and spamming in the castle (let's separate that from the lag).

The lag and slow loading is not relevant at the moment, VR is working on fixing that...the update has literally been out for half a day, and it went out near midday for them, give them a chance to fix it before getting too upset about that. If it's still really laggy another week from now, that is when it becomes an actual issue imo.

As for the interaction with other players from other servers, the chance for one on one duels, the bragging and showing off of cool stuff, etc. That's subjective to each person. I'm sure there are plenty of players who enjoy that. That's why I think some sort of "block non-server shouts" and "block non-server say" options should be added to the chat settings. Not a general "block all other server players", but more specific, so someone from out-of-server could still whisper you, but you don't have to see 25 people from other servers shouting what they are selling/buying for example.

I'm not really sure what else there is that is really a negative about it, or what "major issues" there are (again, temporary lag doesn't really factor into the overall change as a whole).

That being said, I wouldn't go so far as to say that this was a necessary change, more of an unnecessary change that some people will enjoy, others will be bugged by, and still others won't really care either way. I guess the worst part for me is the fact that players are forced to visit this cross-server section. I wasn't a fan of the Global Arena upon launch, but that never really bugged me because I didn't have to visit it.

I think a better implementation of this would have been to split the castle into two parts, moving the auction house/bank/bounty section into the alleyways, and turning the main courtyard into the cross server section...where players could go to simply hang out and do one on one duels.
Judging by the responses in this thread about 80-90% of the community doesn’t want global castle

Ugh...

The global castle is one of the best things that could ever happen to the game, and people try to shoot it down?

You guys didnt even give them a chance, this is the kind of thoughtless backlash that ruins things in the game. Luckily VR is smart enough not to jump and scream revert to this. Look, its just because its day 1, of course there is going to be alot of people. At least give it a week before you judge it.

As for the tavern, no. The whole point of global is to have the game be more social. The arena was the first global area and only one then, and it died out when the new effect of it wore off. The tavern would suffer the same fate, but even faster because it wouldnt be a new concept, and there would be 2 areas. The castle is supposed to be the social hub, and keeping the bounties and ah there assures people wont abandon it like the arena. So a -1 to moving those too.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Global castle will only work if the castle is split up (new zone) into a gathering area and a functional area. The gathering area would be just that, a global area for ppl to gather and duel. It can even have an auction house but one that only consumables can be bought or sold in (may help the plat drought on some servers). The functional area would have all the stuff the castle has in it now, bounty board, pet and mount vendors, ah, bank, etc.
The existing castle could be split in two with the global area starting as you come up the stairs into the courtyard (the current dueling area) and all the area before the stairs be the functional area. The bank and ah would need moved as well as some npc and vendors but theres more than enough room for this, plus it should be simple to move the npc and shops and stuff.
Airrius 225 tank
TheGreenMan 216 druid
Balgair 221 rogue
Velocity 200 rogue
Iolo 225 ranger
Alistar 215 mage
Divym 223 mage