Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

If it is kept, perhaps the bounty board glads etc could be moved to somewhere in Lirs (maybe Highshore?) as this will have the added advantage of new players seeing a lot of endgame players, potentially making the game more promising for them at an early stage, minus the chaos of the new castle.
+1
I could see AH being kept there as it’s kinda a social hub for castle campers, but gladiators + Monya could be moved to the castle bits in Lirs (there’s a nice ring around the castle which would work pretty well). Also, mount retrieval is gonna be much more time consuming now; either have an additional mount retrieve elsewhere (I like Highshore idea) and maybe the bounty board.
But I get the reasoning behind global castle and I like it. Yeah it’s gonna be laggy for the first few weeks (#arena2), but that’ll hopefully drop off as they figure out how to get it to handle it all and people aren’t flooding the castle over “OMG NEW STUFF”; this’ll make the game feel MUCH more populated and will give people a cool area to socialize (*cough* trash talk :P) during down times.
Edit: or make mount whistles obtainable and we can sidestep that issue entirely :P

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

I think that we should give VR a chance to fix things instead of immediately jumping at them.

Everyone knows that hardly anyone will be using the global area if it were to be moved to another area, there has to be a reason for players to go to that area, something essential, otherwise the global area might as well be removed because there is no point in going there. It will be abandoned like the arena.

If after a while it turns out to be really bad we should suggest some changes to make it less overwhelming but still appealing enough for playere to go there, or simply a complete removal of the global area.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

At the moment, we have returned Farcrag Castle to it's previous state. After the update, we discovered a bug with the login process that would only have been possible with the live servers. Tomorrow morning, we will reinstate Global Farcrag to see if the fixes worked. We will continue to gather data on the the Castle and improve the experience. Expect to see some more server restarts over the next couple of days, and enjoy the extra boss spawns as a result. :)

Alternatively, we considered the Tavern as an option for a new Global Zone, and a few of you have suggested that to us as well. We are still considering it and will re-evaluate after the weekend, but we still welcome constructive feedback and sentiment about all the aspects of the update, not just the castle. So, let us know what you think.

If you experience any issues or continue to have trouble, please email us at support@onethumbmobile.com or create a new thread in the Bug Reports section of the forums. It's helpful to include your device information and any other steps you tried to take to resolve it on your own.

Thanks.

Alternatively, we considered the Tavern as an option for a new Global Zone, and a few of you have suggested that to us as well. We are still considering it and will re-evaluate after the weekend...
Please no. Cooking is already boring and time consuming, if you make the tavern a global area then it will be extremely laggy as well and no one will be willing to do it.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage

Alternatively, we considered the Tavern as an option for a new Global Zone, and a few of you have suggested that to us as well. We are still considering it and will re-evaluate after the weekend...
Please no. Cooking is already boring and time consuming, if you make the tavern a global area then it will be extremely laggy as well and no one will be willing to do it.
Yes, it’s much better to have lag in the area you have to go for banking, auctions, bounties, and gladiators. Let’s keep cooking secluded to a single, otherwise useless zone.

Tavern. 110%. There’s no block function for the spam, no resolution to gladiators being multi server, too many people trying to get bounties and battle mount resurrection. Social is what the tavern was intended to be. Move it there.
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

The tavern would be a thousand times better and possibly even an enjoyable global area.
Cooking gets boring, and having more people in the area might spice it up. Would also rather have to deal with lag and other people in an area dedicated to just one thing than the castle, where you have to go for your bank, gladiator, auction, buying and selling typically, shops, and much more. You can avoid the tavern if you don't like global areas, but avoiding the castle is hard. 100% for making the global area the tavern instead of the castle.

Non cooks will say move global to tavern and cooks will say don't move global to tavern lol. All non cooks are more than happy to shift it to tavern and make global someone else's problem but as no one wants global castle or tavern why not keep both as they were pre update? We have global arena already just leave it there.

I second what many are saying, please either take away global castle, move it, create an option to filter other server members from view and chat, or remove all the useful things like glads, ah, bounty board and bank out so I never have to go there again. I could happily ignore the global arena but I can't avoid going to castle while everything useful is there too.
I barely liked the original castle culture as it was with all the trolls that stand around shouting nonsense, and this is putting all of those people in one place. Since there is no trading between servers and you can already fight in arena I don't see the purpose behind global castle except to make it look like your game is more populated. But if its more populated by the sorts of people that hangout in castle all day I wouldn't say thats very enticing. When I first started his game years ago I walked into castle and all these people were shouting lots of stuff and it overwhelmed me so much I decided the game wasn't right for me and uninstalled right away. Even if castle relaxes a bit it will still be a lot worse than that was. This kind of thing isn't for everyone, so it shouldn't be forced on everyone by being where a bunch of other important things are.
Another thing noone mentioned is that a lot of bullying goes on in this game to the point where people drop everything and join a new server to not have to see their bullies anymore. Sometimes blocking them isn't enough, you don't want to see them every day as a reminder either. Though if you added a filter to not see and hear other servers members in castle that wouldn't be a problem.
Another thing I would like to see is an option in settings from another game to block duel requests (especially if kept global). Not everyone wants to fight people and getting spammed with those can be really annoying too.
I don't agree tavern is a good place to move it to. Tavern has a useful function too and cooking, like fishing, should be peaceful.
If you did decide to move the global hang out area you could always make a bigger area attached to arena, or accessible from elsewhere in the castle where noone can fight. Like a feasting hall or something? There isn't one of those and every self respecting castle has one right?
Siomha - Level 223 Ranger on Gwydion